Newtown vs Kindred

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rkmt » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:40 pm

I think most people picked Kindred in this one.  not much talk about Newtown or Region 8.  However, Kindred trails by 6 early in the 4th.  Kindred has athletes all over the floor, but Newtown is just playing hard and doing a lot of things right.  I'm impressed with Christine Miller.  She really moves well in by the bucket and can make the difference down the stretch.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby philshometown » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:55 pm

I watched every game today, and was most impressed with Christine Miller of New Town!
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby FREE CHET » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:07 pm

I was definitely impressed with Miller. She is the real deal. If the guard play doesnt hurt this team they can make some noise. I thought they played good defense and took smart shots. New Salem guards could create problems but on the flip side who on New Salem can stop Miller?:dude:
FREE CHET

Postby vballfan06 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:54 pm

If the guards can handle new salem's pressure, it should be a good one.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby tingly » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:01 am

New Town 54, Kindred 46
Associated Press
MINOT, N.D. - New Salem beat Midway-Minto 41-22 on Thursday in the first round of the North Dakota state Class B girls basketball tournament.

New Town rode an 8-0 run late in the fourth quarter to a 54-46 win over Kindred in the other semifinal.

Kindred (22-3) trailed 46-43 when New Town went on an 8-0 run to reach the state semifinals for the first time. All 8 points came from the free throw line and New Town (20-6) went 14-for-16 from the line.

Kindred went up 24-17 on Megan Talley's third 3-pointer. Talley scored 14 of her 17 points in the first half.

But the Eagles rallied and took a 41-37 lead after 3 quarters. Mandi Bindas' 3-pointer with 10 seconds left in the quarter got the Vikings within 4. Bindas had 14 points.

New Town kept the lead through the final quarter, icing it at the line.

"One of the main things we wanted to do was talk on defense and that's what we did," said New Town's Christine Miller, who was 5-for-6 from the line and finished with 23 points. "Constant talking is what won it for us."

Shayna Tate had 11 points.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InTheKnow » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:34 pm

New Town should have been blown out of the gym by Kindred. I am not enve going to list the things that are poor with New Town because they are too lengthly. Kindred clearly didnt come to play. They stood around and watched each other try and do something. Sorry but New Town would not have even made it out of the first round of regionals at Region 2. Yes MM has strugled shooting the ball. But that doesnt paint the picture of the rest of that region. New Salem should win by 25 tonight.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:56 pm

SCC wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:New Town should have been blown out of the gym by Kindred. I am not enve going to list the things that are poor with New Town because they are too lengthly. Kindred clearly didnt come to play. They stood around and watched each other try and do something. Sorry but New Town would not have even made it out of the first round of regionals at Region 2. Yes MM has strugled shooting the ball. But that doesnt paint the picture of the rest of that region. New Salem should win by 25 tonight.

Christine Miller definitely makes that team go.

absolutley. miller is fairly unstoppable.

and as far as new town not making it out of the first round of region 2...come to the 7th place game intheknow. you and me both can tell each other how good our respective teams are. it'll be fun.
rep

Postby starstyl33 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:09 pm

haha...Good job New Town:D you showed everyone that you could get a higher place than 8th...3rd place:D GOOD JOB EAGLES!!!
Last edited by starstyl33 on Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Just Do It...
starstyl33
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rep » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:15 pm

starstyl33 wrote:haha as ...Good job New Town:D you showed everyone that you could get a higher place than 8th...3rd place:D GOOD JOB EAGLES!!!

i was half listening to the third-place game tonight but i thought that it was said at some point that this was the highest nt had placed at state in 20-some or 30-some years?

if so, congrats...always good to see a town step up and do something like that.
Last edited by rep on Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby starstyl33 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:25 pm

rep wrote:
starstyl33 wrote:haha as ...Good job New Town:D you showed everyone that you could get a higher place than 8th...3rd place:D GOOD JOB EAGLES!!!

i was half listening to the third-place game tonight but i thought that it was said at some point that this was the highest nt had placed at state in 20-some or 30-some years?

if so, congrats...always good to see a town step up and do something like that.

Yup it's the highest NT has placed in awhile....good job ladies:D
...Just Do It...
starstyl33
NDPreps Rookie

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:54 pm

Good job Christine Miller. Definately one of the few players in the state that can carry a team on her shoulders.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Return to Girls