State Tournament

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby starstyl33 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:03 pm

It's so crazy how most people thought New Town would get 8th.I just wanted to say go New Town good job and keep your heads up:D....brought home 3rd:D GO EAGLES
Last edited by starstyl33 on Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Just Do It...
starstyl33
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hoop_fan1 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:19 pm

pbhoopsters wrote:
rkmt wrote:
ndsportsfan98 wrote:I see Steele-Dawson defeated M-M in the 7th place game.  According to the stats on NDHSAA it has M-M at 26% FG for the tourney.  I for one thought they would at least be in the winners bracket, but 8th place?  I know 3 bad games doesn't tell the whole tale of what kind of team they are, but was Region 2 on the overrated side?  I don't mean to start any arguments, I'm just trying to figure it out.  Can anyone help me?

I've said it before, region 2 wasn't overrated for having the most state caliber teams top to bottom.  I truly understand why people are thinking that now, however.  Midway-minto tanked it, simple as that.  They did play the best 3 games in the region tourney, avenged all their losses etc... so they deserved to go to state, but I think a couple other teams from Region 2 would have matched up better with New Salem and at least given New Salem a game.  IMO you owe not only yourself, but your whole region the best performance you can put out to represent them at state, and wow, M-M fell short there.  I'll bet there are about 5 teams in REgion 2 that are saying "what if".  But no one's fault but their own I guess.  But quite a disappointment because people are not only questioning M-M but teams like Dakota Prairie as well, and if we'd seen them at state, I don't think people would be questioning Region 2 right now.
I think many of us are stunned by the play of MM in this tournament. I thought they would be in the championship game not only based on Region 2 play but also on the fact that they beat Bottineau earlier in the season. Somehow I don't see the team that played in the tournament coming close to beating Bottineau now.  I do not understand what appears to have been a total breakdown.
I did pick M-M to end up in the title game, which turned out to be a total disaster.  But I have to say, and should have said it before,  M-M played it's best ball in the regionals.  During districts they were very subpar.  they returned to that type of play at state.  How many of the teams at state finished 3rd in their district tournaments?  Dakota Prairie was the team that should have represented reg-2 at state, they got hosed in the semis against FLPR.  But i can't do a thing about it so i shouldn't be saying anything, but that is what i have been thinking.  M-M looked like the right team to represent during regional play, but they were never a consistent team on offense all year, and it just really stunk against good teams at state. 
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:12 pm

cc[user=16]Y-not Daily[/user] wrote:
Might want to think about a name change after those selections.

Region 2 is big-time overrated... Region 6 is the best region in girls basketball and has been for some time. I'd put up Kenmare, Bishop Ryan, Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood, Velva and Our Redeemer's up against those also-rans in Region 6 any day.

Where were your picks Y-NOT Daily??? Pretty easy to come on here after the fact and make a statement like that. If you made your picks and were correct then fine. No problem but you were to chicken to do that apparently. Did you see a region 2 team play all season besides M-M. I would guess not!  Funny, I think the only team to beat Bottineau at full strength this year was MIDWAY-MINTO. While they were out there they beat Kenmare also. While I am at it FLPR beat Mohall in Minot that same weekend as well. I feel bad for Hatton-Northwood, Dakota Prairie, and FLPR. They would have put up a much more consistant outing which is probably why they had fewer losses then M-M going into regionals. I made my picks site unseen on several teams like many others on here but took what others were saying into account. I guess next time I should call all the coaches to get game footage before I make my picks.

Oh one more thing, where did the STATE player of the year come from??? Oh yeah it was Kristie Gillette from Dakota Prairie, who happens to be in Region 2.

Was I off on my picks, your darn right I was, but two CLOSE first round incorrect games and one blow out (because of 15 blown wide open layups) that was completely opposite of last years state results with virtually the same teams will completely throw off a 1-8 ranking. I am guessing you are the guy that wrote the cheap shot about Region 2 after the first day in the paper. Is Region 6 a strong region, without a doubt, but to blast region 2 like that is completely way off.
Last edited by InTheKnow on Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Y-not Daily » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:18 pm

InTheKnow wrote: cc[user=16]Y-not Daily[/user] wrote:

Region 2 is big-time overrated... Region 6 is the best region in girls basketball and has been for some time. I'd put up Kenmare, Bishop Ryan, Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood, Velva and Our Redeemer's up against those also-rans in Region 2 any day.

Where were your picks Y-NOT Daily??? Pretty easy to come on here after the fact and make a statement like that. If you made your picks and were correct then fine. No problem but you were to chicken to do that apparently. Did you see a region 2 team play all season besides M-M. I would guess not!  Funny, I think the only team to beat Bottineau at full strength this year was MIDWAY-MINTO. While they were out there they beat Kenmare also. While I am at it FLPR beat Mohall in Minot that same weekend as well. I feel bad for Hatton-Northwood, Dakota Prairie, and FLPR. They would have put up a much more consistant outing which is probably why they had fewer losses then M-M going into regionals. I made my picks site unseen on several teams like many others on here but took what others were saying into account. I guess next time I should call all the coaches to get game footage before I make my picks.

Oh one more thing, where did the STATE player of the year come from??? Oh yeah it was Kristie Gillette from Dakota Prairie, who happens to be in Region 2.

Was I off on my picks, your darn right I was, but two CLOSE first round incorrect games and one blow out (because of 15 blown wide open layups) that was completely opposite of last years state results with virtually the same teams will completely throw off a 1-8 ranking. I am guessing you are the guy that wrote the cheap shot about Region 2 after the first day in the paper. Is Region 6 a strong region, without a doubt, but to blast region 2 like that is completely way off.

Those middle of the season games really don't prove anything, obviously, the end of the season is when everything is decided.

And I don't think saying that it is big-time overrated is blasting it. If you take a look at the finishes of the region representatives at state the past three seasons, Region 6 has taken second and first twice. Region 2 has taken fourth, second and eighth. Larimore had some great teams, but since then, I think it's been more hype than substance.
Y-not Daily

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:31 pm

Y-not Daily wrote:
InTheKnow wrote: cc[user=16]Y-not Daily[/user] wrote:

Region 2 is big-time overrated... Region 6 is the best region in girls basketball and has been for some time. I'd put up Kenmare, Bishop Ryan, Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood, Velva and Our Redeemer's up against those also-rans in Region 2 any day.

Those middle of the season games really don't prove anything, obviously, the end of the season is when everything is decided.

And I don't think saying that it is big-time overrated is blasting it. If you take a look at the finishes of the region representatives at state the past three seasons, Region 6 has taken second and first twice. Region 2 has taken fourth, second and eighth. Larimore had some great teams, but since then, I think it's been more hype than substance.

The middle of the season is really all we have to go off of for a comparison. You cant compare two regions based off of one team representative at state. Without a doubt Bottineau is the Class of the state right now and with the youn tallented reserves they had making BIG contributions they sould win it all again next year. But with your rationale Region 2 was better then region 6 during Larimore's run. I do have one question though... besides M-M, what other Region 2 team did you see play this season?
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Girls