Region 2 Tournament

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndfootball06 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:14 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:
spud84 wrote:Looks like i missed a pretty exciting game last night. I am a little disappointed since i am a FLPR fan but am not surprised. It is hard to beat a team as good as M-M 3 times in a season and with how good they played this week I believe they will be hoisting the Championship trophy next Saturday night. Good Luck Mustangs!!

Also besides Kallie Erickson who else will be graduating this year for FLPR? I check NDHSAA but they don't have that info.

They lose Erickson, Tressta Ralston, Steph Rehovsky, & two more that saw little playing time.  (hopefully spelled those correctly)  With Katie Ralston around for 2 more years, they will be an excellent team.  I did notice that she was, to say it nicely, not happy with the loss.  In the handshake line after the game, she was less than sportsmanlike.  I'll leave it at that.  Not many people probably saw it, but I happened to notice.  Hopefully one of her coaches noticed.

what exactly did she do?
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby shotcaller1 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:37 am

the unknown wrote:The DP game was badly reffed...DP couldnt even play there game

a good team will still show up, a great team with great athletes can adjust and will show up and play accordingly....im not taking anythign against dp however
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:40 am

shotcaller1 wrote:
the unknown wrote:The DP game was badly reffed...DP couldnt even play there game

a good team will still show up, a great team with great athletes can adjust and will show up and play accordingly....im not taking anythign against dp however
The officials do dictate how the game turns out to an extent, example...if a team plays pressure in your face defense and the officials call a tight game....then the team will have to change their defense....and if the official misses a travel and a kick at the end of the game....then i guess that the ref's have decided the game...D.P deserved their rematch against MM
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby shotcaller1 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:47 am

The Schwab wrote:
shotcaller1 wrote:

The officials do dictate how the game turns out to an extent, example...if a team plays pressure in your face defense and the officials call a tight game....then the team will have to change their defense....and if the official misses a travel and a kick at the end of the game....then i guess that the ref's have decided the game...D.P deserved their rematch against MM

yea and if they refs call a tight game with a team that likes to play pressure d, a great team can adjust to that. i said i wasnt' taking anythign away from dp. refs do not intentionally not call or call something that they shouldnt or should of.
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball222 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:14 am

ndfootball06 wrote:
hoop_fan1 wrote:
spud84 wrote:Looks like i missed a pretty exciting game last night. I am a little disappointed since i am a FLPR fan but am not surprised. It is hard to beat a team as good as M-M 3 times in a season and with how good they played this week I believe they will be hoisting the Championship trophy next Saturday night. Good Luck Mustangs!!

Also besides Kallie Erickson who else will be graduating this year for FLPR? I check NDHSAA but they don't have that info.

They lose Erickson, Tressta Ralston, Steph Rehovsky, & two more that saw little playing time.  (hopefully spelled those correctly)  With Katie Ralston around for 2 more years, they will be an excellent team.  I did notice that she was, to say it nicely, not happy with the loss.  In the handshake line after the game, she was less than sportsmanlike.  I'll leave it at that.  Not many people probably saw it, but I happened to notice.  Hopefully one of her coaches noticed.

what exactly did she do?
I noticed in the hn/mm game that ericson was also less than sportsmanlike after the game.
baseball222

Postby the unknown » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:58 pm

to be honest with you im pretty positive there are some refs out there that intentionally call crappy calls...just an opinion
the unknown

Postby balla20 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:12 pm

everybody needs to look at this website if you think DP lost to FLPR due to an offical call.... http://www.1morephoto.net go under gallery, girls basketball, and you will find pictures of the pass. you can clearly see her getting tripped by a DP girl and she is still dribbling the ball (NO TRAVEL) and in the picture you can't even see the out of bounce line- the ball did not go out of bounce.
Last edited by balla20 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balla20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla20 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:30 pm

wizard23 wrote:DP was up by one, FLPR inbounds to Erickson she trys to drive baseline, kicks ball out of bounds, then kicks it accross the lane where its picked up and put in. DP passes the length of the floor to J. Gillett  FLPR girl is all over her back as she trys to catch the ball,  time runs out and  the three BLIND MICE see none of this.

everybody needs to look at this website if you think DP lost to FLPR due to an offical call.... http://www.1morephoto.net go under gallery, girls basketball, and you will find pictures of the pass. you can clearly see her getting tripped by a DP girl and she is still dribbling the ball (NO TRAVEL) and in the picture you can't even see the out of bounce line- the ball did not go out of bounce.
balla20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby the unknown » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:05 am

people from Dakota Prairie have pictures at like 4 or 5 different angles and you can see Callie Ericksons with the ball and her standing out of bounds...then you can see her laying on the floor and there would be no possible way the ball could get to the other side withour of going out of bounds...and she wasnt tripped she lost control of the ball and tripped over that..there at least could of been a jump ball
the unknown

Postby onlythefactsmaam » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:44 pm

The game is also on video.  While the photographer caught a few frames, the video caught the whole play.  The ball did go out of bounds and so did her foot.  This was after the two photos shown on the website you directed everyone too.  After she picked the ball up, for the second time, she crawled on her knees to roll the ball to the shooter.  The ball was rolled to the right of the defender which on the video, shows it out of bounds again.  The referee is not even looking at the play in the photos or on the video.  While I agree with the previous posters regarding adjustment to referees, the teams from District 3 come to the regionals after playing an entire season of physical basketball.  Entirely different than their northern counterpart.  To be fair, neither team should have to adjust.  If the referees were from another region entirely, or the standard was set prior to the tournament, both teams should not have to adjust.  The three referee system has created a problem, the problem being none of the referees wants to make the call or they do not know who should make the call.  If they want a three ref system, have the 3rd ref stationary and have him or her confer with referees after a controversial call is made.  Or add a replay system like they have in football.  It's hard to argue with the facts.
onlythefactsmaam
NDPreps Rookie

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:04 am

balla20 wrote:everybody needs to look at this website if you think DP lost to FLPR due to an offical call.... http://www.1morephoto.net go under gallery, girls basketball, and you will find pictures of the pass. you can clearly see her getting tripped by a DP girl and she is still dribbling the ball (NO TRAVEL) and in the picture you can't even see the out of bounce line- the ball did not go out of bounce.

Dude, there are 900 some pictures on 82 pages.... what page is that picture on?
thesports_guy32

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:09 am

onlythefactsmaam wrote:The game is also on video.  While the photographer caught a few frames, the video caught the whole play.  The ball did go out of bounds and so did her foot.  This was after the two photos shown on the website you directed everyone too.  After she picked the ball up, for the second time, she crawled on her knees to roll the ball to the shooter.  The ball was rolled to the right of the defender which on the video, shows it out of bounds again.  The referee is not even looking at the play in the photos or on the video.  While I agree with the previous posters regarding adjustment to referees, the teams from District 3 come to the regionals after playing an entire season of physical basketball.  Entirely different than their northern counterpart.  To be fair, neither team should have to adjust.  If the referees were from another region entirely, or the standard was set prior to the tournament, both teams should not have to adjust.  The three referee system has created a problem, the problem being none of the referees wants to make the call or they do not know who should make the call.  If they want a three ref system, have the 3rd ref stationary and have him or her confer with referees after a controversial call is made.  Or add a replay system like they have in football.  It's hard to argue with the facts.

If the refs don't know who should make the call then they are bad refs. I'm pretty sure that each ref has a certain area that they are suppose to be watching. Not all 3 refs watch the ball.
thesports_guy32

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:20 am

thesports_guy32 wrote:
balla20 wrote:everybody needs to look at this website if you think DP lost to FLPR due to an offical call.... http://www.1morephoto.net go under gallery, girls basketball, and you will find pictures of the pass. you can clearly see her getting tripped by a DP girl and she is still dribbling the ball (NO TRAVEL) and in the picture you can't even see the out of bounce line- the ball did not go out of bounce.

Dude, there are 900 some pictures on 82 pages.... what page is that picture on?

one picture cannot tell the whole story of the particular play in question.  Only video could tell what the right call should have been.  No matter what, it's over guys/gals, & we can't change what happened.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby onlythefactsmaam » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:46 am

So correct, nothing can be done about it now.  We can only hope the Basketball Association reviews and sets standards across the state.  Watched the Regional Boys games in Devils Lake last night.  The refereeing at the tournament in Devils Lake has been fair and most importantly consistant.  The fans are able to enjoy the game.
onlythefactsmaam
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sioux10 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:05 pm

onlythefactsmaam wrote:The game is also on video.  While the photographer caught a few frames, the video caught the whole play.  The ball did go out of bounds and so did her foot.  This was after the two photos shown on the website you directed everyone too.  After she picked the ball up, for the second time, she crawled on her knees to roll the ball to the shooter.  The ball was rolled to the right of the defender which on the video, shows it out of bounds again.  The referee is not even looking at the play in the photos or on the video.  While I agree with the previous posters regarding adjustment to referees, the teams from District 3 come to the regionals after playing an entire season of physical basketball.  Entirely different than their northern counterpart.  To be fair, neither team should have to adjust.  If the referees were from another region entirely, or the standard was set prior to the tournament, both teams should not have to adjust.  The three referee system has created a problem, the problem being none of the referees wants to make the call or they do not know who should make the call.  If they want a three ref system, have the 3rd ref stationary and have him or her confer with referees after a controversial call is made.  Or add a replay system like they have in football.  It's hard to argue with the facts.

is the video on the internet or where did you find it?
sioux10

Postby onlythefactsmaam » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:05 am

The video is on DVD and has not been posted on the net.  Quite simply, the season is over, the calls were made, the jerseys are packed away, and it's on to a new season next year!  All we can hope is that the players, refs, coaches, fans, and ND Basketball Assoc. all seek to better themselves during the off season.  It will only make a great sport, played by great kids, more exciting to watch.
onlythefactsmaam
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla20 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:52 pm

onlythefactsmaam wrote:The video is on DVD and has not been posted on the net.  Quite simply, the season is over, the calls were made, the jerseys are packed away, and it's on to a new season next year!  All we can hope is that the players, refs, coaches, fans, and ND Basketball Assoc. all seek to better themselves during the off season.  It will only make a great sport, played by great kids, more exciting to watch.

agreed!
balla20
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Girls