Region 2 Tournament

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby basketball » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:04 pm

Hatton Northwood didnt play very good with the exception of Reiter.  Ericson who is one of their top scores hurt her ankle and you could tell in the game.  She wasnt getting up and down the floor like she normally would do.  They just didnt show up to play and eventhough they didnt play good they still managed to stay in the game.
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby thesports_guy32 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:30 pm

basketball... you have to give credit to midway/minto for play as well as they did. they stopped HN when they needed to and they got the baskets they needed. it was everything i expected: a low-scoring, defensive game with the offenses doing just enough.
thesports_guy32

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:01 pm

sioux10 wrote:did anyone go to the Hatton-Northwood Midway-Minto game.  I thought HN would crush MM.  What happened?

What would make you think that they could crush M-M? The fact that they already played a 5 point game to open the season that no team lead by more then one at the quarter break the entire game. Did you forget that basically this exact same M-M team took second last year at state and up until last week was the only team to have beaten Bottineau in basically the past 3 years.

I was at the game and was not impressed with H-N's overall depth of tallent. They had two players and that was it. The rest of the team was average at best. Ridder was absolutely phenominal!!! She put on a clinic for most of the game. For those that have been giving her props on here, you are right. She can flat play! she had to have shot 75% for the game. However it was a one player show. Erickson was a non factor and yes she may have been slowed some but she never had the chance for much of a decent look the whole game. The one open three she had she drained and the desperate late three from 25 feet was big to give them a chance. But even if she was healthy the way the flow of the game was going i dont think it would have mattered. When M-M went to a zone H-N really looked like they didnt know what to do and stood around forever and had no answer for it. H-N looked extremely tired as the game went on and not in very good condition. M-M probably could have run them out of the gym the last 3-4 minutes of the game. Lanes early on that werent there for cuts were wide open the last 6 minutes and M-M exploited it. Quite frankly if M-M would have made just half of their pile of missed free throws and lay ups it would have been a 10+ point game in there favor. M-M had to have missed 10-15 open shots within 5-6 feet of the basket and probably around 50% at the line. They got lucky to survive missing that many gimmies.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:09 pm

Games pretty much went as I expected. District 3 pulled out three wins with DP rolling Grafton. Semi-finals of the state ;)...er i mean Region 2 tournmanet tuesday night. I am taking M-M and DP.

Drayton/St Thomas split with M-M during the regular season with both games being close. M-M won the last meeting.

DP will probably be too much for FL/PR but if Erickson and Ralston get hot and Hegen gives them good defense inside they could pull off the upset. And beware of the X Factor... Kirby's got another 20 win season at Fordville-Lankin.
Last edited by InTheKnow on Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoop_fan1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:41 am

InTheKnow wrote:Games pretty much went as I expected. District 3 pulled out three wins with DP rolling Grafton. Semi-finals of the state ;)...er i mean Region 2 tournmanet tuesday night. I am taking M-M and DP.

Drayton/St Thomas split with M-M during the regular season with both games being close. M-M won the last meeting.

DP will probably be too much for FL/PR but if Erickson and Ralston get hot and Hegen gives them good defense inside they could pull off the upset. And beware of the X Factor... Kirby's got another 20 win season at Fordville-Lankin.

Listened to some of the FLPR-Hillsboro game, sounded like quite the battle.  Why was/did hillsboro start fouling with 3 minutes left & only down 1 point. dId i miss something on the radio?

Anybody have comments on the D-ST vs MPCG game?

I was not at any games.  I just read in the paper, Baldwin only had 15 pts, while she averages about 21-22 i think.  It also stated she got 12 boards & 8 assists.  Others must have stepped up. 

I predicted a score for the the DP-Grafton game. Wasn't too far off.  I would guess others expected the same thing.  Did grafton ever put up much of a fight, or was it total domination?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PatriotsForever » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:44 am

:dude::dude::dude:

Good job MPCG, you gave  St.thomas-Drayton all they wanted.

Good Luck DP!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PatriotsForever
NDPreps Rookie

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:44 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:Games pretty much went as I expected. District 3 pulled out three wins with DP rolling Grafton. Semi-finals of the state ;)...er i mean Region 2 tournmanet tuesday night. I am taking M-M and DP.

Listened to some of the FLPR-Hillsboro game, sounded like quite the battle.  Why was/did hillsboro start fouling with 3 minutes left & only down 1 point. dId i miss something on the radio?

Anybody have comments on the D-ST vs MPCG game?

I was not at any games.  I just read in the paper, Baldwin only had 15 pts, while she averages about 21-22 i think.  It also stated she got 12 boards & 8 assists.  Others must have stepped up. 

I predicted a score for the the DP-Grafton game. Wasn't too far off.  I would guess others expected the same thing.  Did grafton ever put up much of a fight, or was it total domination?

The game started off really slow, but Kirstie Gillett had like 8 points in a row which got DP going.  The lead just kept getting bigger the rest of the game.  DP pressed them, but Grafton broke it most of the time.  After they broke it, DP would cause a turnover when they were in their offensive sets. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:47 am

Drayton-St. Thomas started very slowly last night. They were sluggish on defense and picked up a lot of early fouls. Second half was more like the DST team that took 1st in D4. They played better defense and played quicker.

Overall the games went just as I expected. Lots of defense in the first game. Second and third games were good warm-up games for the 1 seeds and the last game of the night was somewhat of a run-and-gun game.
thesports_guy32

Postby hoop_fan1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:17 am

I really thought H-N would win also, but I would have put my chips on FLPR over Hillsboro.  I didn't make a prediction on that game because i have not seen hillsboro play, but from what people had told me, I didn't think they had the experience/speed of FLPR.  Good games though, just like you said.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketball » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:06 pm

InTheKnow wrote:
sioux10 wrote:did anyone go to the Hatton-Northwood Midway-Minto game.  I thought HN would crush MM.  What happened?

What would make you think that they could crush M-M? The fact that they already played a 5 point game to open the season that no team lead by more then one at the quarter break the entire game. Did you forget that basically this exact same M-M team took second last year at state and up until last week was the only team to have beaten Bottineau in basically the past 3 years.

I was at the game and was not impressed with H-N's overall depth of tallent. They had two players and that was it. The rest of the team was average at best. Ridder was absolutely phenominal!!! She put on a clinic for most of the game. For those that have been giving her props on here, you are right. She can flat play! she had to have shot 75% for the game. However it was a one player show. Erickson was a non factor and yes she may have been slowed some but she never had the chance for much of a decent look the whole game. The one open three she had she drained and the desperate late three from 25 feet was big to give them a chance. But even if she was healthy the way the flow of the game was going i dont think it would have mattered. When M-M went to a zone H-N really looked like they didnt know what to do and stood around forever and had no answer for it. H-N looked extremely tired as the game went on and not in very good condition. M-M probably could have run them out of the gym the last 3-4 minutes of the game. Lanes early on that werent there for cuts were wide open the last 6 minutes and M-M exploited it. Quite frankly if M-M would have made just half of their pile of missed free throws and lay ups it would have been a 10+ point game in there favor. M-M had to have missed 10-15 open shots within 5-6 feet of the basket and probably around 50% at the line. They got lucky to survive missing that many gimmies.

If you are going to post on here please get the facts and names right.  Its Reiter and HN beat them by more than 5.  AND Hatton Northwood is in excellent shape, they have showed that throughout the year and you obviously havent watched them play very much.  AND YES if Ericson was at 100% she would have been a factor in the game because it is hard to play good when you cant move as well as you can.

And Thesports_guy32, I never took any credit away for M-M.  I was just saying that if Hatton Northwood would have played their game they would have won.
Last edited by basketball on Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:26 pm

does anyone have the results of tonight's games?
thesports_guy32

Postby rkmt » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:32 pm

thesports_guy32 wrote:does anyone have the results of tonight's games?

Just turned on the game, Dakota Prairie vs Fordville-Lankin-PR, - DP up 34-30 at half.  However 3 players for Dakota Prairie have 3 fouls here at halftime - both Gilletts and then Bobbi Baker.  Heggen also has 3 for FL-PR

Midway-Minto won the first game, but I didn't hear the score
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:52 pm

which radio station? do they have a webcast?
thesports_guy32

Postby rkmt » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:53 pm

sorry should have told you - www.kmav.com
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:56 pm

i have an update. FLPR-45 DP-42. 30 seconds left in the 3rd.
thesports_guy32

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:57 pm

rkmt wrote:sorry should have told you - http://www.kmav.com

they allow 30 listeners..:X
thesports_guy32

Postby WildWarrior » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:06 pm

i wonder why the 30 listener limit?
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rkmt » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:07 pm

tied at 54 with 3:15 left.  I don't think either Gillett has fouled in the 2nd half but I'm not sure on that, and FL's Heggen fouled out. 

FINAL
Fordville Lankin-PR wins it 60-59.  Sounded like a great game down the stretch.  Jason Keating apparently thought FL-PR got by with a travel at the end, but oh well, I wasn't there so I can't say.  He disagreed with several calls.

Last edited by rkmt on Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:29 pm

is jason the youngest one?
thesports_guy32

Postby rkmt » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:11 pm

thesports_guy32 wrote:is jason the youngest one?

Yes.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:59 pm

Worst refereed game I have ever seen in my life.  Both teams had bad calls against both of them. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby wizard23 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:23 pm

DP was up by one, FLPR inbounds to Erickson she trys to drive baseline, kicks ball out of bounds, then kicks it accross the lane where its picked up and put in. DP passes the length of the floor to J. Gillett  FLPR girl is all over her back as she trys to catch the ball,  time runs out and  the three BLIND MICE see none of this.
wizard23
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfootball06 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:41 pm

wizard23 wrote:DP was up by one, FLPR inbounds to Erickson she trys to drive baseline, kicks ball out of bounds, then kicks it accross the lane where its picked up and put in. DP passes the length of the floor to J. Gillett  FLPR girl is all over her back as she trys to catch the ball,  time runs out and  the three BLIND MICE see none of this.

and what game was this? there was absolutely no contact on the in bounds play. the ball was thrown over gilletts head and ralston caught it cleanly. go back to dp
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:00 pm

basketball wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:

I was at the game and was not impressed with H-N's overall depth of tallent. They had two players and that was it. The rest of the team was average at best. Ridder was absolutely phenominal!!! She put on a clinic for most of the game. For those that have been giving her props on here, you are right. She can flat play! she had to have shot 75% for the game. However it was a one player show. Erickson was a non factor and yes she may have been slowed some but she never had the chance for much of a decent look the whole game. The one open three she had she drained and the desperate late three from 25 feet was big to give them a chance. But even if she was healthy the way the flow of the game was going i dont think it would have mattered. When M-M went to a zone H-N really looked like they didnt know what to do and stood around forever and had no answer for it. H-N looked extremely tired as the game went on and not in very good condition. M-M probably could have run them out of the gym the last 3-4 minutes of the game. Lanes early on that werent there for cuts were wide open the last 6 minutes and M-M exploited it. Quite frankly if M-M would have made just half of their pile of missed free throws and lay ups it would have been a 10+ point game in there favor. M-M had to have missed 10-15 open shots within 5-6 feet of the basket and probably around 50% at the line. They got lucky to survive missing that many gimmies.

If you are going to post on here please get the facts and names right.  Its Reiter and HN beat them by more than 5.  AND Hatton Northwood is in excellent shape, they have showed that throughout the year and you obviously havent watched them play very much.  AND YES if Ericson was at 100% she would have been a factor in the game because it is hard to play good when you cant move as well as you can.

And Thesports_guy32, I never took any credit away for M-M.  I was just saying that if Hatton Northwood would have played their game they would have won.

Sorry for not carrying my roster with me so I could spell the names correctly on here. In District 4 it is spelled EricKson. My mistake it is not spelled that way in District 3. After hearing Abby's last name a million times as she scored at will I spelled it as it sounded from the PA at the game. As far as the first game of the season it was an 8 point game not 5. Definately a big difference considering either way M-M was leading after three quarters. Ericson would have been a non factor no matter what because of the style of zone they were playing. It was not a passive let you shoot from the outside but more of a match up zone. Because of that she never had the chance to have much of a look at the basket and had to become more of a passive guard to move the ball and try and find Abby inside. When she had the chance to make the shots the ankle clearly didnt effect her as she hit her shots when she had them. As far as the conditioning part it was OBVIOUS with about 4 minutes left they were gassed. M-M controlled the tempo and it was an up and down pace. They were clearly tired and turnovers resulted.

If Midway-Minto would have not blown so many gimmie lay ups and free throws it would have been a 10 point plus victory and not just 3. Sorry but look at the FACTS of the stat sheet.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:06 pm

rkmt wrote:
thesports_guy32 wrote:does anyone have the results of tonight's games?

Just turned on the game, Dakota Prairie vs Fordville-Lankin-PR, - DP up 34-30 at half.  However 3 players for Dakota Prairie have 3 fouls here at halftime - both Gilletts and then Bobbi Baker.  Heggen also has 3 for FL-PR

Midway-Minto won the first game, but I didn't hear the score

M-M -56  D/ST T-38. M-M was up 56-31 when they took their starters out with a minute and a half left. Lead start to finish and dominated the game. They really need to finish off their layups though. WAY too many blown gimmies. Could have easily been a 30+ point victory. If they dont clean that up by thursday it could haunt them.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Girls