Region 2 Tournament

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rep » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:12 pm

[font=arial]Region 2

[/font] [font=arial]At Betty Engelstad Arena

[/font] [font=arial](D3-2) Hatton-Northwood 20-2 vs. (D4-3) Midway-Minto 19-4

[/font] [font=arial](D4-1) [/font][font=arial]Drayton-St. Thomas 18-3[/font][font=arial] vs. (D3-4) May-Port CG 10-12

[/font] [font=arial](D3-1) Dakota Prairie 19-3 vs. (D4-4) Grafton 10-13

[/font] [font=arial](D4-2) [/font][font=arial]Fordville-Lankin-Park River 19-3[/font][font=arial] vs. (D3-3) Hillsboro 16-6
[/font]
Last edited by rep on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:31 pm

District Championship in 3 was the best girls game i've seen.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:42 pm

Hatton-Northwood vs. Midway-Minto should be fun to watch. That has defense written all over it. People have to be true basketball fans to appreciate what these two teams can do.
Last edited by thesports_guy32 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thesports_guy32

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:45 pm

The Schwab wrote:District Championship in 3 was the best girls game i've seen.

what was the score? and if you don't mind, can you give me the highlights of the game?
thesports_guy32

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:47 pm

45-44 i believe...anyways was a one point game....hatton northwood blew a double digit lead....Abby Reiter played amazing, but it seemed durring crunch time they didnt get her the ball. Jenna Gillette was amazing down low...unstoppable....and Kirstie beat out Abby for the Senior Athlete of the year, IMO an upset but both amazing players.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:16 pm

The Schwab wrote:45-44 i believe...anyways was a one point game....hatton northwood blew a double digit lead....Abby Reiter played amazing, but it seemed durring crunch time they didnt get her the ball. Jenna Gillette was amazing down low...unstoppable....and Kirstie beat out Abby for the Senior Athlete of the year, IMO an upset but both amazing players.

I know its your opinion, but I don't see how Kirstie Gillett beating out Abbey Reiter was an upset?  Sure Abbey might have like 1,700 career points and averaged like 15 a game, but this isn't a career award.  Kirstie who has around 1,400 to 1,500 and average 22 points a game this season.  I seen the box scores to some of Hatton-Northwoods games and Abbey would have only 2 points in a couple of them. I know its not all about points, but Kirstie had double figures in every game.  Thats why I don't get how its an upset.  She out played her all year around 8 more points a game and 4 to 5 boards more then her a game.  Its not a career award, its a yearly award.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:16 pm

The Schwab wrote:45-44 i believe...anyways was a one point game....hatton northwood blew a double digit lead....Abby Reiter played amazing, but it seemed durring crunch time they didnt get her the ball. Jenna Gillette was amazing down low...unstoppable....and Kirstie beat out Abby for the Senior Athlete of the year, IMO an upset but both amazing players.

I know its your opinion, but I don't see how Kirstie Gillett beating out Abbey Reiter was an upset?  Sure Abbey might have like 1,700 career points and averaged like 15 a game, but this isn't a career award.  Kirstie who has around 1,400 to 1,500 and average 22 points a game this season.  I seen the box scores to some of Hatton-Northwoods games and Abbey would have only 2 points in a couple of them. I know its not all about points, but Kirstie had double figures in every game.  Thats why I don't get how its an upset.  She out played her all year around 8 more points a game and 4 to 5 boards more then her a game.  Its not a career award, its a yearly award.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:21 pm

They are both great players I'm not saying that, but everyone I talked to before, during and after the game thought that Abby was a lock to win the award....and It's my opinon and I think that if both players a very deserving they should take the overall career points into consideration. that's all.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:28 pm

No I totally agree, I have watched them both play a ton of times.  I know Abbey had a good game, pretty much dominating the first half.  I was there too.  I just got to go by who led there to team to the District title back to back years.  I just have to give credit for DP coming back from a 41 to 24 deficit.  Sure the total career points should have went in to the award, but its an award based on the year and Kirstie simply had a better year.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:43 pm

does anyone know who the all-district players from D3 were?
thesports_guy32

Postby hoop_fan1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:58 pm

All district 4:

Katie Houdek, Samantha Dravland-Grafton

Betsy Dickson, Kristina Schuster, Sarah Schuster-Midway-Minto

Jodi Gallagher, Sara Passa, Samantha Baldwin- Drayton-St Thomas

Lilly Ratchenski, Jeanna Sommer, Cassidy King- Cavalier

Katie Ralston, Kallie Erickson, Jenny Heggan- FLPR

Emily Stremick- North Border

I hope I didn't misspell/forget anyone
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sioux10 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:14 pm

who won district 4 seniors athlete of the year????
sioux10

Postby Region 2 fan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:50 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:No I totally agree, I have watched them both play a ton of times.  I know Abbey had a good game, pretty much dominating the first half.  I was there too.  I just got to go by who led there to team to the District title back to back years.  I just have to give credit for DP coming back from a 41 to 24 deficit.  Sure the total career points should have went in to the award, but its an award based on the year and Kirstie simply had a better year.

she didn't simply have a better year.  Abby Reiter led her team to a 18-1 regular season record and kept hold of the team while losing one of it's starting guards to six-week suspension.  She goes out and grabs down her 1000th career rebound during the regular season and also looked like she owned the game the first half.  She outplayed Kirstie tonight.  Yes Kirstie may average 5 points more than Abby a game but look what Abby has.  She plays a 'team' game.  Kirstie was the only threat when Jenna went down for a while in the season.  Stats don't show it all.  I thought Abby Reiter was deserving not just because the 1700+ (I think it was 1700 a while ago) and 1000+ rebounds in the career but the 18-1 regular season record and 20-2 complete record as of right now.  Just my opinion.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:06 pm

Region 2 fan wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:No I totally agree, I have watched them both play a ton of times.  I know Abbey had a good game, pretty much dominating the first half.  I was there too.  I just got to go by who led there to team to the District title back to back years.  I just have to give credit for DP coming back from a 41 to 24 deficit.  Sure the total career points should have went in to the award, but its an award based on the year and Kirstie simply had a better year.

she didn't simply have a better year.  Abby Reiter led her team to a 18-1 regular season record and kept hold of the team while losing one of it's starting guards to six-week suspension.  She goes out and grabs down her 1000th career rebound during the regular season and also looked like she owned the game the first half.  She outplayed Kirstie tonight.  Yes Kirstie may average 5 points more than Abby a game but look what Abby has.  She plays a 'team' game.  Kirstie was the only threat when Jenna went down for a while in the season.  Stats don't show it all.  I thought Abby Reiter was deserving not just because the 1700+ (I think it was 1700 a while ago) and 1000+ rebounds in the career but the 18-1 regular season record and 20-2 complete record as of right now.  Just my opinion.

Just like "The Schwab" I was only stating my opinion.  They are both great players, probably both in the top 5 in the state.  Its to bad they didn't get co-players of the year.  I think both deserved it and both would have been happy sharing it with eachother. But your saying that you think Abbey deserves it becuase of an 18-1 record and now a 20-2 record?  Well DP has a 19-3 record and the two losses H-N has is to DP.  So maybe that was a factor in it?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Region 2 fan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:19 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
Region 2 fan wrote:

Just like "The Schwab" I was only stating my opinion.  They are both great players, probably both in the top 5 in the state.  Its to bad they didn't get co-players of the year.  I think both deserved it and both would have been happy sharing it with eachother. But your saying that you think Abbey deserves it becuase of an 18-1 record and now a 20-2 record?  Well DP has a 19-3 record and the two losses H-N has is to DP.  So maybe that was a factor in it?

Could very well be but it doesn't matter.  Kirstie Gillett is the District 3 senior athlete of the year and no one can take that way from her and not like anyone should because she is deserving.  It's just there are two outstanding girls that are deserving but that's the way it goes.  Congratulations to Kirstie Gillett and the Dakota Prairie Knights as they had a great season so far and so did the Hatton-Northwood Thunder and neither of these teams season ended tonight.  I don't believe this will be the last time these 2 meet either.  I think next Thursday night we will be seeing the exact same matchup except in the Betty Englestad with a little more on the line. 
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:54 am

Kristina Schuster and Kallie Erickson received the Senior Player of the Year award

Brent Baldwin and Kirby Erickson received coach of the year awards in District 4
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:46 am

Samantha Baldwin didn't get Senior player of the year?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby rkmt » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:15 am

pakkyzoo wrote:Samantha Baldwin didn't get Senior player of the year?

I think she's a junior. 
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:59 am

Seems like she's been around longer, hasn't it!

She is just a junior
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:10 am

Schuster & Erickson are equally deserving of the award IMO.  One thing

that sticks out to me with Schuster- watch her box out- against Cavalier, she nearly took Heggen entirely out of bounds.  It's fun to watch kids who really understand the little things.  And I would have to say someone taught her that, whether it was coach Rice, or someone else along the line. 

Erickson was scary in the 1st half of the Champ. game.  I thought she was going to take over, but she cooled in the 2nd half.  Another point- FLPR played it much closer than the score showed (I think it was about 10pts).  Hillsboro will have their hands full. 

You will get your money's worth if you come to the Betty next week!
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:10 am

Region 2 fan wrote:

You really underestimate the Guard play of DP, being you said Kirstie was the only threat. IMO, if you took away Bobbi Baker, Maddi Lamb, and Jill Douscherer, that team wouldn't have been as good as they are. Kirstie was the main threat, but not the only threat. Congrats to Kirstie on Senior Player of the year, and I think we will see a rematch for the championship in regionals. It will be another game right down to the last second too. And you can expect Hatton-Northwood looking for revenge. If they get a big lead in the first half again, I doubt they will make the same mistakes again.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:45 am

thesports_guy32 wrote:does anyone know who the all-district players from D3 were?
thesports_guy32

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:48 am

they will be announced when the last district 3 team is done with their season.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:51 am

are you serious? they don't announce the all-district players at the end of districts? how's this work? usually the all-district team is announced after the championship game and right before senior athlete of the year is announced.

i would think they would do it now because there is all-region too... right?
Last edited by thesports_guy32 on Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
thesports_guy32

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:54 am

that is what district three has chosen to do.....they did the same thing for volleyball. I dont know why...but that's how they do it.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Girls