Region 2 Tournament

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby shotcaller1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:10 am

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
Region 2 fan wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:No I totally agree, I have watched them both play a ton of times.  I know Abbey had a good game, pretty much dominating the first half.  I was there too.  I just got to go by who led there to team to the District title back to back years.  I just have to give credit for DP coming back from a 41 to 24 deficit.  Sure the total career points should have went in to the award, but its an award based on the year and Kirstie simply had a better year.

she didn't simply have a better year.  Abby Reiter led her team to a 18-1 regular season record and kept hold of the team while losing one of it's starting guards to six-week suspension.  She goes out and grabs down her 1000th career rebound during the regular season and also looked like she owned the game the first half.  She outplayed Kirstie tonight.  Yes Kirstie may average 5 points more than Abby a game but look what Abby has.  She plays a 'team' game.  Kirstie was the only threat when Jenna went down for a while in the season.  Stats don't show it all.  I thought Abby Reiter was deserving not just because the 1700+ (I think it was 1700 a while ago) and 1000+ rebounds in the career but the 18-1 regular season record and 20-2 complete record as of right now.  Just my opinion.

You really underestimate the Guard play of DP, being you said Kirstie was the only threat. IMO, if you took away Bobbi Baker, Maddi Lamb, and Jill Douscherer, that team wouldn't have been as good as they are. Kirstie was the main threat, but not the only threat. Congrats to Kirstie on Senior Player of the year, and I think we will see a rematch for the championship in regionals. It will be another game right down to the last second too. And you can expect Hatton-Northwood looking for revenge. If they get a big lead in the first half again, I doubt they will make the same mistakes again.

obviously if you take a teams two main ball handlers away no team with be as good as they are. To me is all a team needs to do against the DP gaurds is to pressure them full court the entire game and they will and do struggle.  as far as district senior i would of thought Abby had it.  a agree with Region 2 fan about was Abby has done for her team. I don't think it should be based on stats, which Kirstie does control, i think you have to look at what they do for their teammates.
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:40 pm

[user=1633]thunderbaseball_38[/user] wrote:  
You really underestimate the Guard play of DP, being you said Kirstie was the only threat. IMO, if you took away Bobbi Baker, Maddi Lamb, and Jill Douscherer, that team wouldn't have been as good as they are. Kirstie was the main threat, but not the only threat. Congrats to Kirstie on Senior Player of the year, and I think we will see a rematch for the championship in regionals. It will be another game right down to the last second too. And you can expect Hatton-Northwood looking for revenge. If they get a big lead in the first half again, I doubt they will make the same mistakes again

Dakota Prairie's guard play in the first half almost cost them the game.  In the second half it was both of the Gillette's that won them the game.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Thunder66 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:54 pm

and the fact that HN tried to stall for the ENTIRE 4th quarter, they stopped looking to score towards the end of the 3rd quarter, Lamb hit a three at the buzzer and the knights never looked back, it also helped that reiter was held scoreless in the second half after scoring 18 in the first half, it was a heck of a game but i don't see the Thunder making the same mistake again
Thunder66

Postby cubsfan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:23 pm

Who is everyone's favorite to win the region?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Thunder66 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:36 pm

there is no favorite, the top 3 seeds from each district are very evenly matched and MPCG and Grafton both have upset potential as well, its gonna be an amazing week of basketball

SCC i hope ur right, that was one of the most exciting games i've ever seen and it could only get better with a trip to state on the line
Last edited by Thunder66 on Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder66

Postby cubsfan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:41 pm

I think that every team has a chance to win the region besides MPCG.
Last edited by cubsfan on Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NBE2007 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:46 pm

cubsfan wrote:I think that every team has a chance to win the region besides MPCG.

You think that Grafton could win regionals?...They're gonna get beat by DP in the first round
NBE2007

Postby cubsfan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:52 am

NBE2007 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:I think that every team has a chance to win the region besides MPCG.

You think that Grafton could win regionals?...They're gonna get beat by DP in the first round

Some teams have off nights, and if DP played like they did in the first half of the championship game they will lose.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoop_fan1 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:31 am

Grafton will have a very tough time monday.

Grafton will win if...

if they have less than 10 turnovers and the rebounding advantage.

What are the odds of those 2 things happening?

Grafton averages about 20 TO/game- not likely. They could win the battle of the boards.

If I was a bettin man, i would guess DP 62- Grafton 46
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:35 am

[user=1802]shotcaller1[/user] wrote:
thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
Region 2 fan wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:No I totally agree, I have watched them both play a ton of times.  I know Abbey had a good game, pretty much dominating the first half.  I was there too.  I just got to go by who led there to team to the District title back to back years.  I just have to give credit for DP coming back from a 41 to 24 deficit.  Sure the total career points should have went in to the award, but its an award based on the year and Kirstie simply had a better year.

she didn't simply have a better year.  Abby Reiter led her team to a 18-1 regular season record and kept hold of the team while losing one of it's starting guards to six-week suspension.  She goes out and grabs down her 1000th career rebound during the regular season and also looked like she owned the game the first half.  She outplayed Kirstie tonight.  Yes Kirstie may average 5 points more than Abby a game but look what Abby has.  She plays a 'team' game.  Kirstie was the only threat when Jenna went down for a while in the season.  Stats don't show it all.  I thought Abby Reiter was deserving not just because the 1700+ (I think it was 1700 a while ago) and 1000+ rebounds in the career but the 18-1 regular season record and 20-2 complete record as of right now.  Just my opinion.

You really underestimate the Guard play of DP, being you said Kirstie was the only threat. IMO, if you took away Bobbi Baker, Maddi Lamb, and Jill Douscherer, that team wouldn't have been as good as they are. Kirstie was the main threat, but not the only threat. Congrats to Kirstie on Senior Player of the year, and I think we will see a rematch for the championship in regionals. It will be another game right down to the last second too. And you can expect Hatton-Northwood looking for revenge. If they get a big lead in the first half again, I doubt they will make the same mistakes again.

obviously if you take a teams two main ball handlers away no team with be as good as they are. To me is all a team needs to do against the DP gaurds is to pressure them full court the entire game and they will and do struggle.  as far as district senior i would of thought Abby had it.  a agree with Region 2 fan about was Abby has done for her team. I don't think it should be based on stats, which Kirstie does control, i think you have to look at what they do for their teammates.

I agree that if you can disrupt Dakota Prairie's guards they will have trouble getting into their half court offense....the trouble is not many teams have the speed to do this. Hatton-Northwood does......M-M, does.
DP Point Guard Maddi Lamb hasn't been on a basketball court all season where she wasn't the fastest player. She dove into the stands to make a save of a tipped pass she deflected which led to the bucket by Jenna G that put them down by one, which set up the game winner.
Photo-man-Bob

Postby PatriotsForever » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:07 am

I think you all are leaving out Ashley Haines, she did more for her team then both of the others. Their all great players but Haines plays both ends of the court and when shes covered she has no problem kickingthe ball out to the outside shooters for easy shots.....Reiter moved in and around DP big three like they were parking cones.  DP has trouble against the press because they don't pass the ball up the court, but on the d side of the ball they have the best two guards in the state.  Lamb and Duchsherer play from base line to base line, they even cover the point ,wings and the post in there zone defense and it is  amazing how Duchsherer comes out of the pack with rebounds for being the smallest player on the floor.   IF DP plays team ball and not just inside ball they will be tuff  to stop.
PatriotsForever
NDPreps Rookie

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:44 am

I think the game everyone forgets about is the 63 to 52 win by DP against Northwood during the regular season.  I know teams are playing better basketball in tournaments or they are supposed to be anyways.  Northwood pressed them the whole game just like in the district championship. 

Its going to be interesting, I don't think Grafton has much of a chance against DP, but I think Mayville-Portland is going to suprise Drayton.  Mayville plays very good defense and has 3 big girls.  I don't remember Drayton having much for height. 

The Midway-Minto vs. Hatton-Northwood game and the Fordville-Lankin vs. Hillsboro game will both be very good.  I think Hatton-Northwood will win and Hillsboro will beat Fordville. District 3 teams are very tough, I think who ever comes out of this region will have a good chance to win state with all the quality competition they face during the season.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby basketball » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:48 pm

Yeah I do remember that game.  The main thing that I remember about that game was Reiter sat on the bench for most of the game with foul trouble.  And does anybody remember the Hillsboro and DP game??  They won't have an easy road to state either.
Last edited by basketball on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:03 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:I think the game everyone forgets about is the 63 to 52 win by DP against Northwood during the regular season.  I know teams are playing better basketball in tournaments or they are supposed to be anyways.  Northwood pressed them the whole game just like in the district championship. 

Its going to be interesting, I don't think Grafton has much of a chance against DP, but I think Mayville-Portland is going to suprise Drayton.  Mayville plays very good defense and has 3 big girls.  I don't remember Drayton having much for height. 

The Midway-Minto vs. Hatton-Northwood game and the Fordville-Lankin vs. Hillsboro game will both be very good.  I think Hatton-Northwood will win and Hillsboro will beat Fordville. District 3 teams are very tough, I think who ever comes out of this region will have a good chance to win state with all the quality competition they face during the season.

FL/PR will beat Hillsboro. The one thing that is getting over looked that I completely forgot about until I attended the District for tournament is a major X factor and that is Kirby Erickson. He will be by far the best coach in the tournament. In the FLPR/MM game he was 5 steps ahead of coach Rice the whole game. From his defensive and offensive sets to his situational substituting  to maximize rest and matchups he definately gives his team the edge. I dont believe they will win the tournament but i can easily see them get to the finals.

Mayville doesnt stand a chance against Drayton either. Both #1's will win easy. FL wins and flip a coin in the H-N/M-M game. The first game of the season was H-N/MM and was tight all the way till the end. 1st qtr 11-10MM, half 25-24HN, 3rd 36-35MM final 51-43HN. For MM dickson only scored 2 and they had two players score a combined 8 points that dont even see the floor anymore. I am sure both teams are much different then the first meeting. Should be a great game! 
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby PatriotsForever » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:31 am

cubsfan wrote:[user=1633]thunderbaseball_38[/user] wrote:  
You really underestimate the Guard play of DP, being you said Kirstie was the only threat. IMO, if you took away Bobbi Baker, Maddi Lamb, and Jill Douscherer, that team wouldn't have been as good as they are. Kirstie was the main threat, but not the only threat. Congrats to Kirstie on Senior Player of the year, and I think we will see a rematch for the championship in regionals. It will be another game right down to the last second too. And you can expect Hatton-Northwood looking for revenge. If they get a big lead in the first half again, I doubt they will make the same mistakes again

Dakota Prairie's guard play in the first half almost cost them the game.  In the second half it was both of the Gillette's that won them the game.

Reiter scored 18 in the first half, i dont think you can blame that on the guards.

You strike out cubsfan.
PatriotsForever
NDPreps Rookie

Postby basketball » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:16 am

My prediction is that Hatton Northwood makes it to state.  They are going to want to take on Dakota Prairie in the finals.  I think if they see them again they are going to win by double digits.  They want revenge and I think they will get it.
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby pbhoopsters » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:31 am

InTheKnow wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:I think the game everyone forgets about is the 63 to 52 win by DP against Northwood during the regular season.  I know teams are playing better basketball in tournaments or they are supposed to be anyways.  Northwood pressed them the whole game just like in the district championship. 

FL/PR will beat Hillsboro. The one thing that is getting over looked that I completely forgot about until I attended the District for tournament is a major X factor and that is Kirby Erickson. He will be by far the best coach in the tournament. In the FLPR/MM game he was 5 steps ahead of coach Rice the whole game. From his defensive and offensive sets to his situational substituting  to maximize rest and matchups he definately gives his team the edge. I dont believe they will win the tournament but i can easily see them get to the finals.

Mayville doesnt stand a chance against Drayton either. Both #1's will win easy. FL wins and flip a coin in the H-N/M-M game. The first game of the season was H-N/MM and was tight all the way till the end. 1st qtr 11-10MM, half 25-24HN, 3rd 36-35MM final 51-43HN. For MM dickson only scored 2 and they had two players score a combined 8 points that dont even see the floor anymore. I am sure both teams are much different then the first meeting. Should be a great game! 

Because I picked Hillsboro as the preseason pick to win the Region I'm sticking with them. I think they can knock off DP because of their tenancious team defense. They will make life miserable for the DP backcourt which will slow down the scoring of the Gillett girls. When Hillsboro beat them in the regular season Jenna G. was not playing but, in watching the game, I thought Hillsboro's team defense was the greater factor.

I know Hatton/Northwood has beaten Hillsboro 3 times this season - but hey, it is tournament time. Hatton/Northwood may get beaten in the other bracket or perhaps the 4th time will be the charm.

I certainly am far from certain on this prediction. I think there are several fine teams that could win this Region - any of which I think will do well at State. I just like to stick my neck out and pick a dark horse.

pbhoopsters

Postby cubsfan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:40 pm

My pick to win the region is Hatton-Northwood.  But I have heard that Erin Ericson might be injured, I don't know for sure so if someone knows that would be helpful.  If she is injured I would pick Drayton-St. Thomas.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Dizza30 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:44 pm

I pick Dakota Prairie
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thunder66 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:13 pm

erin sprained her ankle in practice on thursday but is playin in the region tournament, i don't know if she's starting or playing limited minutes but she will be on the floor
Thunder66

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:54 am

We have been talking for three months how great the region tournament is going to be and it is finally here. 6 of the top 15 team in the state sluging it out for one spot(sorry #4s but you dont have a chance through three games). I think it will be as good as advertised. What better way to start it off then to have last years state runner-up go up against the #4 team in the state who already were in a slug fest in the opening game.

I am going to stick with Midway-Minto. They have the experience back of winning the region last year and had been playing much better entering the districts but ran into a hot shooting FLPR at their home floor and couldnt over come the first half. Its all neutral floor from now on so no more home court advantage. Who adjusts the best to the atmosphere? Who handles the pressure of one and done? M-M has proved they can already so thats who i am going with. Put the names in the hat and draw one and you have just as good of chance at getting it right as picking it though.

Should be an exciting day of basketball.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:14 pm

Are any of these games broadcasted over the internet?
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby spud84 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:51 pm

Does anyone know the current score of the Hillsboro-FLPR game? I tried listening to it online but am not able to.
spud84

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:04 pm

18-14 FLPR winning 6:20 in the first half left.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sioux10 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:52 pm

did anyone go to the Hatton-Northwood Midway-Minto game.  I thought HN would crush MM.  What happened?
sioux10

PreviousNext

Return to Girls