Lion's All Star Team

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ND_Coach » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:38 am

They have a nice thread going about who will be on the boys Lion's team.  How about for the girls who will be on the Class B lion's team?
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:46 am

Stacey Nygaard-Adams Edmore

Kirstie Gillett-Dakota Prairie

Kristen Cuypers-LMM

Kallie Erickson-FL-PR

Abby Reiter-HN

Whitney Eckroth-SD

Teryl Norton-NS

Ally Bender-MLS

Those are a few names that come to mind....
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby pbhoopsters » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:53 pm

I have no problem with your list but in the end I think we will see more girls from out west. I live in Region 1 so this is not a bias that I am expressing.

I think the following girls from out west stand a good chance on being on that list:

Mary Brooke from Dickinson Trinity

Heather Mosbrucker from Mott/Regent

Kayla Schmidt from Beulah

Abby Bratlien from Tioga

pbhoopsters

Postby hoop_fan1 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:13 pm

I count 12 names mentioned, how many make the team?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pbhoopsters » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:23 pm

I think you have 12 and 2 alternates but I am not sure. I imagine a balance of wings, posts, and points would be a consideration as well.
pbhoopsters

Postby sioux10 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:58 pm

Teryll Norton for sure will be on the team.  What about Kristina Schuster, that girl can light it up
sioux10

Postby pbhoopsters » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:19 pm

If she gets MM to the State tournament I think both her chances and Dickson's go up considerably.
pbhoopsters

Postby InTheKnow » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:29 am

pbhoopsters wrote:If she gets MM to the State tournament I think both her chances and Dickson's go up considerably.

If they go to state again it will be two years in a row with at least one second place finish. They should both be a lock then.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:43 am

No, they wont be a "lock" just because they go to state two years in a row.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bearsfan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:29 am

Kayla Schmidt probably ought to be on the team..... once again here is a girl that is kinda lost between what she did for 3 years in class A and then moving to class B this year.  She was one of 1500 nominated nation-wide for the McDonalds All-American team!!!  I would hope that she would make  the Lion's All Star team.
Bearsfan

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:30 am

Bearsfan wrote:Kayla Schmidt probably ought to be on the team..... once again here is a girl that is kinda lost between what she did for 3 years in class A and then moving to class B this year.  She was one of 1500 nominated nation-wide for the McDonalds All-American team!!!  I would hope that she would make  the Lion's All Star team.

who were all of the girls nominated from nd? do u know?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bearsfan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:37 am

I have only seen 2 girls players and Kayla Schmidt (Beulah) and Katelynn Steffan(Dickinson high) were the only ones on the list from the west...... it was on the news the other day.  http://www.kxma.com/Sports/High%20School/93016.asp
Bearsfan

Postby gobison21 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:09 pm

Teryl Norton from New Salem was also nominated for the McDonalds All American team.
gobison21
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Bearsfan » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:07 am

Sure would be nice to have a list of all who were nominated.  Thats quite an honor!
Bearsfan

Postby Sports guy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:52 am

Kirstie Gillett-Dakota Prairie should be a lock as well.
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:23 am

schuster and dickson from M-M should be on the team as well
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:38 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:schuster and dickson from M-M should be on the team as well

how often has 2 players from 1 team been on the LIONS Team?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:42 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:Stacey Nygaard-Adams Edmore

Kristen Cuypers-LMM

Kallie Erickson-FL-PR

Abby Reiter-HN

Whitney Eckroth-SD

Teryl Norton-NS

Ally Bender-MLS

I don't think that many girls from 1 region will make it.  I would throw out Erickson, even though she's deserving, she would be the odd one out.  When do they vote on this?  I assume it's after the season is over.  If that's the case, then I would guess a M-M player would make it.  Dickson is a great player, but it seems that in the past, the players with the stats usually get the nod, & dickson is missing one stat-points.  Although she "could" score more, she hasn't.  I could be wrong, though.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:21 am

I can come up with MAYBE one player from region 1-Amanda Dimmer from Maple Valley.  She may have a shot at being on the Lion's team, but other then her, I don't see anyone making it out of Region 1.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:51 am

is there any rule taht says each region has to have atleast 1 person on the team?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:13 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:

Kristen Cuypers-LMM

Kallie Erickson-FL-PR

Abby Reiter-HN

Whitney Eckroth-SD

Teryl Norton-NS

Ally Bender-MLS

I don't think that many girls from 1 region will make it.  I would throw out Erickson, even though she's deserving, she would be the odd one out.  When do they vote on this?  I assume it's after the season is over.  If that's the case, then I would guess a M-M player would make it.  Dickson is a great player, but it seems that in the past, the players with the stats usually get the nod, & dickson is missing one stat-points.  Although she "could" score more, she hasn't.  I could be wrong, though.

But of the four main stats (points, rebounds, assists, steals) her other three (collectively) are so far above any other point guard in the state. By MM making a return trip to state it helps her chances trememdously so who ever makes the decisions can see first hand that she can score, just choses to be a team player. 7.5 boards, 7.3 assists, and 4.5 steals, what other player has anything close to that. The assist total is almost unheard of for a 32 minute game.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:26 am

Bearsfan wrote:Sure would be nice to have a list of all who were nominated.  Thats quite an honor

http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/nominees.pdf

Last edited by Baller on Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:38 pm

gobison21 wrote:Teryl Norton from New Salem was also nominated for the McDonalds All American team.

[user=1621]Bearsfan[/user] wrote:
Sure would be nice to have a list of all who were nominated.  Thats quite an honor

All you have to do is be nominated by your coach. Anyone can receive that honor. Nominations and selections are two different things. There are a few listed in there that have NO business being on that list for the McDonalds game. Boys or Girls. If you arent getting recruited heavily Divison I or have not already signed at a high level DII (at worst) why nominate them.

It is no different then Zack Elgie and Tyler Lunde from Minot both being selected Pre-Season All americans for baseball last spring. Nice numbers, but who did you play. Sorry but there are a ton of better players then them that are strugling to make their varsity team in California. Same goes in this case.

Dont get me wrong, I mean no disrespect to any of them that were nominated, but that is a WHOLE nother level.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:12 pm

InTheKnow wrote:
hoop_fan1 wrote:

Kristen Cuypers-LMM

Kallie Erickson-FL-PR

Abby Reiter-HN

Whitney Eckroth-SD

Teryl Norton-NS

Ally Bender-MLS

But of the four main stats (points, rebounds, assists, steals) her other three (collectively) are so far above any other point guard in the state. By MM making a return trip to state it helps her chances trememdously so who ever makes the decisions can see first hand that she can score, just choses to be a team player. 7.5 boards, 7.3 assists, and 4.5 steals, what other player has anything close to that. The assist total is almost unheard of for a 32 minute game.

I think baldwin ended the season averaging around 7 assists, 8.5 rebounds- to go along with 20+pts & a bunch of steals, so it's not unheard of, but very impressive.  baldwin's only a junior, & I guess we're talking about picking the lions team.

I sure hope dickson makes it- she deserves it.  But I just don't know how many picks one region is going to get.  Reiter & Gillett are a lock.  Now we could potentially add Erickson, Dickson, & Kristina Schuster- I don't think it'll happen, maybe one more, & I would pick Dickson-hands down-but what will everyone else think?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sioux10 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:03 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
hoop_fan1 wrote:

Kristen Cuypers-LMM

Kallie Erickson-FL-PR

Abby Reiter-HN

Whitney Eckroth-SD

Teryl Norton-NS

Ally Bender-MLS

I think baldwin ended the season averaging around 7 assists, 8.5 rebounds- to go along with 20+pts & a bunch of steals, so it's not unheard of, but very impressive.  baldwin's only a junior, & I guess we're talking about picking the lions team.

I sure hope dickson makes it- she deserves it.  But I just don't know how many picks one region is going to get.  Reiter & Gillett are a lock.  Now we could potentially add Erickson, Dickson, & Kristina Schuster- I don't think it'll happen, maybe one more, & I would pick Dickson-hands down-but what will everyone else think?

i agree that it isn't unheard of to average 7 assists per game, but sammi baldwin was on a team that revolved around her.  She was their main player and everything on offense went to through.  I'm not trying to take anything away from her, because she is an amazing player, but MM doesn't have a stand out player unlike most of the teams you see.  If dickson wanted to she could score about 20 points a game, but she is too unselfish.  She probably averages about 3 or 4 shots a game and i can tell you that im 100% certain schuster and baldwin average way more than that
sioux10

Next

Return to Girls