Young Players

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby fightingsioux20 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:58 pm

Who are some good underclassman this year?
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:36 pm

fightingsioux20 wrote:Who are some good underclassman this year?

Casey Geffre and Lindsey Sand are two really good underclassmen that I know of.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thesports_guy32 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:07 am

Hailey Longtin (Fr.) of North Border- good scorer, good passer, is beyond her years for knowledge of the game

Katie Houdek (So.) of Grafton- tall, long, rebounds well, moves well around the basket, good shot blocker, but a mid-range game would serve her well

Sarah Schuster (So.) of Midway/Minto- good shooter off the dribble and from behind the 3-pt stripe, good defender, and good knowledge of the game
Last edited by thesports_guy32 on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
thesports_guy32

Postby pbhoopsters » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:44 am

How about Katie Ralston (Soph) from Fordville/Lankin. She is not very big, but she is fearless and gets the job done on both the offensive and defensive ends.

I also like Sarah Schuster but, unfortunately, I get the sense she leans slightly towards volleyball in terms of a sports preference.
Last edited by pbhoopsters on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
pbhoopsters

Postby basketball4life » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:05 am

Casey Geffre is an exceptional young player.  I also think that Mariah Smith from Maple Valley will be an exciting player to watch as she is only a freshman.  Shelby Krueger from FSHP is only a freshman as well and I believe she started last year as an 8th grader, good point guard.  Taylor Kraft from Casselton will be fun to watch as she is getting some time as an 8th grader this year.

basketball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thesports_guy32 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:13 am

pbhoopsters wrote:How about Katie Ralston (Soph) from Fordville/Lankin. She is not very big, but she is fearless and gets the job done on both the offensive and defensive ends.

i was gonna throw her name in the mix too but i wasn't sure if she was a So. or Jr. she's tough and she can score when they need it. dropped 23 against AE
thesports_guy32

Postby Run With It » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:16 pm

What about Maddi Lamb from Dakota Prairie? She can handle the ball well, and is pretty good at passing. She also has a nice shot, even though she has an off night like all players do. She also will drive to the basket and put of a layup, even though she is a realitivly tiny girl.
Run With It
NDPreps Rookie

Postby pbhoopsters » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:01 pm

I also like Joelle and Maggie Evenson - Sophmore guards out of Hillsboro

Abby Sprunk - Sophmore guard out of Casselton

Kenzie Church - 8th grade guard for Fairmount/Campbell/Tintah

Jordan Campbell - point guard out of Fairmount/Cambpell/ Tintah

Kali Luick - Sophmore forward out of Fairmount/Campbell/Tintah

Katie Schaible - sophmore point guard out of Oak Grove

Stephanie Anderson - sophmore post for Hope/Page

Jennifer Gallagher - freshmen post out of Drayton/St Thomas

Mariah Nelson - sophmore forward out of Oak Grove

Morgan Thompson - sophmore point guard out of Grafton

Mara Pankow - Freshmena post out of Hankinson

pbhoopsters

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:19 pm

Bobbi Grann from Minn/Leeds is averaging just over 10ppg. Shes a soph. VERY quick, plays solid D forcing many turnovers either in the backcourt pressing or in the half court D. She isnt a scoring force, but she puts the spark in the Lions.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsjunkie » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:26 pm

Veronica Munkeby- a sophmore for Lisbon is a dominat force in the paint anyone going against her will have one rough game!
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby COACHWEST » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:25 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:Bobbi Grann from Minn/Leeds is averaging just over 10ppg. Shes a soph. VERY quick, plays solid D forcing many turnovers either in the backcourt pressing or in the half court D. She isnt a scoring force, but she puts the spark in the Lions.

Not to mention...one of the better H.S. cowgirls in the state.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby pbhoopsters » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:20 am

I forgot Heather Brown out at LMM. She is a 6 foot sophmore and very athletic. She is capable of playing the 3, 4 or 5 positions.
pbhoopsters

Postby feeshattack » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:58 pm

dickinson trinity and bowman have some pertty good young players.... i believe that 4 sophmores get varsity time on trinity's team......... i also believe that shiloh has some good young players, i think
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:46 pm

basketball4life wrote:Casey Geffre is an exceptional young player.  I also think that Mariah Smith from Maple Valley will be an exciting player to watch as she is only a freshman.  Shelby Krueger from FSHP is only a freshman as well and I believe she started last year as an 8th grader, good point guard.  Taylor Kraft from Casselton will be fun to watch as she is getting some time as an 8th grader this year.

Is Taylor Kraft Travis and Calvin's sister?
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby ladyballer11 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:54 am

Maddi Lamb, a sophomore point guard for DP does a lot for the team by breaking presses and is also great on D.....can shoot the ball too..
ladyballer11

Postby TheNorthPrep » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:36 pm

Alison Opp and Steph Bohrer from Hazen, Both Freshman are amazing athletes and players
TheNorthPrep
NDPreps Rookie

Postby arizona_hoops11 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:40 pm

Kari Wisnewski - sophmore from Lidgerwood.  She is only 5'7" but rebounds like a 6 footer.  Averages like 10 pts. and 11 rbds with games of 16 and 19 REBOUNDS.

Also Katie Brademeyer and Michelle Warren are two pretty good sophmores from Oakes.
Last edited by arizona_hoops11 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arizona_hoops11

Postby ndfbfan » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:20 am

TheNorthPrep wrote:Alison Opp and Steph Bohrer from Hazen, Both Freshman are amazing athletes and players

Stef dropped 20 and 11 against Beulah last week. Been averaging about 12 and 8 last 3 weeks.  Another freshmen? Alanna Smith from Wilton. Girl is silky smooth and plays very hard
ndfbfan

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:38 pm

Bowman has Allison hanson and Megan Naico putting in some pretty good minutes.
project-pat

Postby u no it » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:09 pm

Kali Kurtz STUDDDDDDDDD  gotta  see her ball
u no it

Postby cardinal10 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:59 pm

COACHWEST wrote:
NATURAL TALENT wrote:Bobbi Grann from Minn/Leeds is averaging just over 10ppg. Shes a soph. VERY quick, plays solid D forcing many turnovers either in the backcourt pressing or in the half court D. She isnt a scoring force, but she puts the spark in the Lions.

Not to mention...one of the better H.S. cowgirls in the state.

Not to mention...a track stud.  58 point something in the 400 last year.  I saw her come within an eyelash of beating Bruins from Watford at State.   Bruins runs for the Bison this year.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketballman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:03 am

Kali Kurtz (9th Carrington) has a very bright future ahead of her. she is a great shooter that plays wonderful defense. i once seen her hit 13 3's in a row in a pick-up game. STUD!
basketballman

Postby rumbles » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:26 pm

basketballman wrote:Kali Kurtz (9th Carrington) has a very bright future ahead of her. she is a great shooter that plays wonderful defense. i once seen her hit 13 3's in a row in a pick-up game. STUD!
Silky smooth shot she'll be very good in the next few years
Last edited by rumbles on Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:59 am

Elida Benz is a freshman out of Steele-Dawson who is extremely tough. She is about 5'9"-5'10" and handles the ball extremely well. She is built very solid and posts up real nice. Can shoot the 3 but can also drive and pull up. Doesn't get a bunch of playing time since Steele-Dawson is a very deep and solid team but when she does, she plays very well. Look for her to grow an inch or two more and be one of Steele's best players come next year.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoop_fan1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:44 am

Katie Ralston- soph from FL-ParkRiver will be very fun to watch the next 2 years.  She's got skills/energy like you wouldn't believe.  gets a lot of her pts under the basket, if she improves her range, she'll be tough.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Girls