Class B versus Class A

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bruins44 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:44 am

[user=215]InTheKnow[/user] wrote: 
Obviously the big school JV team would beat most. Especially in girls. There are as many students in South as there are alot of the Class B towns.

Thats my point!!  Class A teams have a big advantage because of depth... the Number 10 player on alot of Class A teams would be a starter on most Class B teams
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:13 pm

That's exactly what I stated; the depth of a team would over power any class B school.  A class B team could have the best player on the floor, but the class A team would find a way to win.  Double-teaming that player would take them out of the game right along with their team.  
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:31 pm

None
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clark17 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:09 pm

Where does Bottineau's girls fit in with class A girls, just curious.  This discussion is routinely debated in hockey since their is only one class.  Maybe not even debated, just discussed.  Is their a thread on this site about the three tier league for basketball?
Last edited by Clark17 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:38 am

Last edited by EDC on Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:38 am

Sorry - but after watching all the teams play in Minot, I believe that none of these Class B State tournament teams would make it to the State Class A tournament this year.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rkmt » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:50 am

this year, I definitely agree.  Bottineau was the only one I thought might be competitive last year, and I don't think they're as impressive this year. 
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:01 am

EDC wrote:Sorry - but after watching all the teams play in Minot, I believe that none of these Class B State tournament teams would make it to the State Class A tournament this year.

I agree...  I watched the New Town - Kindred game, New Town would have been at the bottom of both the WDA and EDC,  they had one good player.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:12 pm

bruins44 wrote:
EDC wrote:Sorry - but after watching all the teams play in Minot, I believe that none of these Class B State tournament teams would make it to the State Class A tournament this year.

I agree...  I watched the New Town - Kindred game, New Town would have been at the bottom of both the WDA and EDC,  they had one good player.

State Class A is over - anybody have any comments?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:27 pm

EDC wrote:
bruins44 wrote:

State Class A is over - anybody have any comments?

kielpinski and privrastky were hands down better than any of the other miss basketball candidates and also if kelsch dint go to mandan she would have been a 20 and 10 player

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the unknown » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:22 am

better than any miss basketball canidate??--have you seen Kirstie Gillett play...that girl can ball!!
the unknown

Postby roughrider125 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:28 am

kelsh really didn't get the credit she deserved and was always overshadowed by kelpinski.  Does anyone know if she got offers from anywhere bigger then UMary?
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:10 am

the unknown wrote:better than any miss basketball canidate??--have you seen Kirstie Gillett play...that girl can ball!!

i have and i think kielpinski and privrastky are hands down the two best players in the sate gillett will be at a number 3 or 4 but kielpinski is the best and privrastky amazes me

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby teamball » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:01 pm

Two girls from Trinity transfered to DHS and both started for DHS this year.
teamball

Postby cdub1 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:04 pm

teamball wrote:Two girls from Trinity transfered to DHS and both started for DHS this year.

interesting

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby roughrider125 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:51 pm

now Dickinson is recruiting...what is this world coming to???:D
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:39 pm

cdub1 wrote:
the unknown wrote:better than any miss basketball canidate??--have you seen Kirstie Gillett play...that girl can ball!!

i have and i think kielpinski and privrastky are hands down the two best players in the sate gillett will be at a number 3 or 4 but kielpinski is the best and privrastky amazes me

What game did you see her play in? 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:54 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

im not sure which one u r talkin about i saw kielpinski play alot privrastky and state 2 years and i got a tape of gillett from a friend in dl

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:57 pm

cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

im not sure which one u r talkin about i saw kielpinski play alot privrastky and state 2 years and i got a tape of gillett from a friend in dl

I was referring to gillett (I bolded her name).  I was just curious because I am a UND fan and have never seen her play before.  How did she look?
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:06 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

I was referring to gillett (I bolded her name).  I was just curious because I am a UND fan and have never seen her play before.  How did she look?

amazing and she can do it all like i said 3rd best player in the state and that is a nice spot to be in i think she wuz number 2 in the miss basketball voting

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:09 pm

cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

amazing and she can do it all like i said 3rd best player in the state and that is a nice spot to be in i think she wuz number 2 in the miss basketball voting

No offense, but that's a little strange you got a tape of her, and you didn't give the best explanation of her.  But anyways, steffan, gillett and lafrance all tied for 2nd with 11 pts. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:13 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

No offense, but that's a little strange you got a tape of her, and you didn't give the best explanation of her.  But anyways, steffan, gillett and lafrance all tied for 2nd with 11 pts. 

i have so much tape from my angle it is very important you dont know who i am so you dont know my angle um i will try to get more detail i guess she rebounds hard always gets position can play d with the best of them and she can score when she wants to nice j i think and can take it to the hole

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:15 pm

cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

i have so much tape from my angle it is very important you dont know who i am so you dont know my angle um i will try to get more detail i guess she rebounds hard always gets position can play d with the best of them and she can score when she wants to nice j i think and can take it to the hole

Thanks, I'm looking forward to watching them play next year!
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby JoeMarkson » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:07 am

The answer to your question is an absolute yes!  Bottineau could very easily compete in Class "A" girls basketball.  For example, last year Dickinson Trinity competed in a Class "A" varsity holiday tournament in which they beat either Dickinson or Bismarck Century and Bismarck St. Marys.  Their only loss was to Williston.  Bottineau easily beat Trinity twice- once by 25 points!   Further, in years past, Bottineau has scheduled Class "A" Belcourt.  In 1998 Bottineau beat Belcourt by 23, in Belcourt.  Next, people forget that Bottineau played all of their sports, not just hockey, in Class "A" until the early 1990's.  The Bottineau girls team went to state five times when they were in Class "A" and finished as high as second place.  Bottineau would have not the slightest bit of trouble in Class "A".  They routinely beat "B" schools by 40 or more points- on a bad night.  Thw only team in "A" that would present a challenge would be Mandan.   Look at it this way, Bottineau is Class "A" in hockey and finished within one game of the state hockey tournament this year.  Bottineau's hockey team is not near on the level of thier girl's basketball team.  So if the hockey team can make it to the state qualifyer- the basketball team could easily make it to state.  Bottineau is only 29 students away from being a Class "A" highschool anyway.  
JoeMarkson
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Deuce » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:04 pm

JoeMarkson wrote:The answer to your question is an absolute yes!  Bottineau could very easily compete in Class "A" girls basketball.  For example, last year Dickinson Trinity competed in a Class "A" varsity holiday tournament in which they beat either Dickinson or Bismarck Century and Bismarck St. Marys.  Their only loss was to Williston.  Bottineau easily beat Trinity twice- once by 25 points!   Further, in years past, Bottineau has scheduled Class "A" Belcourt.  In 1998 Bottineau beat Belcourt by 23, in Belcourt.  Next, people forget that Bottineau played all of their sports, not just hockey, in Class "A" until the early 1990's.  The Bottineau girls team went to state five times when they were in Class "A" and finished as high as second place.  Bottineau would have not the slightest bit of trouble in Class "A".  They routinely beat "B" schools by 40 or more points- on a bad night.  Thw only team in "A" that would present a challenge would be Mandan.   Look at it this way, Bottineau is Class "A" in hockey and finished within one game of the state hockey tournament this year.  Bottineau's hockey team is not near on the level of thier girl's basketball team.  So if the hockey team can make it to the state qualifyer- the basketball team could easily make it to state.  Bottineau is only 29 students away from being a Class "A" highschool anyway.  

I think you are mistaken.  The class A teams played in the east/west classic last year in Bismarck where the WDA teams played the EDC teams.
Last edited by Deuce on Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Girls