Overlap

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Overlap

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:11 am

Wondering how the overlap with the 8 teams in State Volleyball will affect those teams at the beginning of the basketball season. In Class B a lot of those girls play both sports and will be missing some early season basketball practices. if they are an above average athlete I don't think it would make much of a difference, but if you are not an above average athlete I think it would take a little time to make the adjustment from one sport to the other.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Overlap

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:15 am

They've dealt with this overlap for years. They tried it for 2 years with the boys first and no one liked the FB/BBB turn around so it got switched back.

My guess is they will be moving a few early season games for a few teams so that their athletes have time since they are missing Week #1 of practice...but some teams don't even have games until the end of that first allowed week because they anticipate this.
Last edited by WalkingStick on Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:21 am

Sportsrube wrote:Wondering how the overlap with the 8 teams in State Volleyball will affect those teams at the beginning of the basketball season. In Class B a lot of those girls play both sports and will be missing some early season basketball practices. if they are an above average athlete I don't think it would make much of a difference, but if you are not an above average athlete I think it would take a little time to make the adjustment from one sport to the other.

You're probably not playing in the state tournament if the bold is true.

Thompson has gone to state VB six seasons in a row. I feel like they schedule accordingly. They will still have 8-9 practices and a scrimmage with their full team before their first game. I'm sure the basketball coaches are still practicing with the kids that don't play varsity volleyball.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:24 pm

This problem could be easily corrected by shortening the volleyball season by two weeks.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:38 pm

The Schwab wrote:This problem could be easily corrected by shortening the volleyball season by two weeks.

It is a week shorter in MN so the seasons don't overlap and everyone but the state participants get at least a week off. Their first round of section tournaments also starts 10-12 days sooner than the play-in matches for those in a super region.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls