Class B Players to Watch

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Dfougie » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:11 am

Casey Geffre, Freshman, Hankinson Pirates, averaging around 20 pts a game.
Dfougie

Postby baller01 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:32 am

Dfougie wrote:  Casey Geffre, Freshman, Hankinson Pirates, averaging around 20 pts a game.

Geffre is tough. She has the potential to be great someday. If I'm not mistaking, her older sister was a Miss. Basketball finalist her senior year. Look out for her down the road. I'm also gonna throw out Lindsey Sand from Steele-Dawson as a player to watch for. She has been puttin up some big numbers for them. Not only does she score but she also runs the point and does a great job of getting the other players the ball when they need it.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:36 pm

Watch for Katie Houdek a Sophomore from Grafton, I think she could be a pretty good one in the future. I believe she just came back from knee surgery.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:12 pm

baller01 wrote:
Dfougie wrote:  Casey Geffre, Freshman, Hankinson Pirates, averaging around 20 pts a game.

Geffre is tough. She has the potential to be great someday. If I'm not mistaking, her older sister was a Miss. Basketball finalist her senior year. Look out for her down the road. I'm also gonna throw out Lindsey Sand from Steele-Dawson as a player to watch for. She has been puttin up some big numbers for them. Not only does she score but she also runs the point and does a great job of getting the other players the ball when they need it.

haven't seen lindsey play yet, but if she is anything like mallory, she'll be a good one. i only got to see her play when the pirates made it to state, but i was extremely impressed. tough-nosed player...she made that team go.

rep

Postby bballfan_05 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:24 pm

rep wrote:
baller01 wrote:

haven't seen lindsey play yet, but if she is anything like mallory, she'll be a good one. i only got to see her play when the pirates made it to state, but i was extremely impressed. tough-nosed player...she made that team go.

Ya, and mallory wasn't even the region player of the year. Kinda weird how that worked out.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:30 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
rep wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Ya, and mallory wasn't even the region player of the year. Kinda weird how that worked out.

who was it? whitney flyberg? or was she only a junior that year?
rep

Postby bballfan_05 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:33 pm

rep wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
rep wrote:
baller01 wrote:

yea, flyberg one it, which when i saw her play, i was never impressed.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:38 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
rep wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
rep wrote:
baller01 wrote:

two completely different players from what i saw...sand was all heart and grit while flyberg was all finese. both had their moments in the games i saw. personally i was a bigger fan of sand's...thought flyberg had a tendency to disappear too much and that when the team really needed a bucket they went to huber who is my favorite girls player the last couple of years.  
rep

Postby bballfan_05 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:40 pm

rep wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
rep wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
rep wrote:
baller01 wrote:

two completely different players from what i saw...sand was all heart and grit while flyberg was all finese. both had their moments in the games i saw. personally i was a bigger fan of sand's...thought flyberg had a tendency to disappear too much and that when the team really needed a bucket they went to huber who is my favorite girls player the last couple of years.  
ya... exactly why sand should have gotten it. She came through and carried her team in the clutch where flyberg wouldn't be seen. O well i guess, wonder how much politics when into deciding that
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:16 pm

ive seen Lindsey play alot and at the Sophomore level Mallory had the edge i belive.  Mallory was the better score while Lindsey is a better defender.  Lately Lindsey aggressiveness to score has gone up makin her that much better. When she looks to score she can be one of the best players in the region but there are some games she passes too much and doesnt look to score.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:30 pm

as long as we're talking about B players to watch, let's throw abby nasset's name into the mix from bowman
project-pat

Postby Dfougie » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:15 am

Yes and Brittany (Casey and Cody Geffre's older sister) just blew out her second knee...she is or will be playing BB for the U of Mary.
Dfougie

Postby baller01 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:35 am

Dfougie wrote: Yes and Brittany (Casey and Cody Geffre's older sister) just blew out her second knee...she is or will be playing BB for the U of Mary.

That is terrible news. She is a very good player. As for Lindsey Sands agressiveness, that will come with time. I think she is finally figuring out she has the potential to score. I think last year, her only being a freshmen, she was a little timid when it came to scoring. This year, specially early in the year, I think she hadn't realized she has that potential to score 15-20 a night. I've seen her last two games and she is becoming very agressive. She still makes great passes and plays excellent defense, but is finally looking to score. Watch out for her. If she keeps becoming more agressive she will be averaging 20 a night come the end of the year.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bearsfan » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:29 am

You might want to see what the Schmidt girl from Beulah brings!!!  She plays a pretty good defense and is still averaging over 20 points/game...... rebounds with the best of them....... go numbers for assists.  She is double and triple teamed most of the time.
Bearsfan

Postby InTheKnow » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:16 pm

Sammy Baldwin from D/St Thomas has been stellar all season. Put up 36 against 8th ranked FL/PR this week and has to be averaging around 24 a game because i dont think i have seen her under 20 yet and is usually around 24+.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby pbhoopsters » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:28 pm

Sammi Baldwin is a good one! I am not just impressed with her scoring but with her decision making as well. She does a good job of making sure possessions turn into scores for her team! The last time I saw stats for her district she was listed not only as the scoring leader but also was listed high among the leaders in assists and rebounds! I sing her praises to college coaches when I get a chance.
pbhoopsters

Postby thesports_guy32 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:30 pm

speaking of Drayton-St. Thomas... i think i just saw that they  beat Dakota Prairie. anyone see that game? maybe have a recap?
thesports_guy32

Postby pbhoopsters » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:16 am

I guess Jenna Gillett is out with an injury for Dakota Prairie. I believe she suffered a slight ligament tear in a game recently. I was told that Dakota Prairie really focused on Sammi Baldwin giving her teammates the opportunity to step up and make things happen.
Last edited by pbhoopsters on Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
pbhoopsters

Postby fightingsioux20 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:02 pm

Kali Kurtz from Carrington a freshman as really been improving on her shot she can really shot the 3
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:11 am

fightingsioux20 wrote:Kali Kurtz from Carrington a freshman as really been improving on her shot she can really shot the 3

if she ends up half as good as kadee she'll be a really good player...how is she doing at umary?
rep

Postby fightingsioux20 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:05 pm

im not really sure
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby shotcaller1 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:58 am

i heard she quit but not positive. weigelt is doin pretty good at mary
Last edited by shotcaller1 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsjunkie » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:53 am

Keep and eye out for Lisbons sophmore post Munkeby.  She dominates on the boards and blocks and if her perimeter players would learn to make passes she would run the floor in the paint. 
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sioux10 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:43 pm

pbhoopsters wrote:Sammi Baldwin is a good one! I am not just impressed with her scoring but with her decision making as well. She does a good job of making sure possessions turn into scores for her team! The last time I saw stats for her district she was listed not only as the scoring leader but also was listed high among the leaders in assists and rebounds! I sing her praises to college coaches when I get a chance.

if im not mistaken sammi baldwin and betsy dickson played together on the pbhoopsters aau team...what were the girls like playing with each other?  which one stood out more and could these girls compete with the tough competition in the cities??
sioux10

Postby baller01 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:12 pm

sportsjunkie wrote:Keep and eye out for Lisbons sophmore post Munkeby.  She dominates on the boards and blocks and if her perimeter players would learn to make passes she would run the floor in the paint. 

Munkeby is tough. She is built very solid.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Girls