Longest tenured coaches

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Longest tenured coaches

Postby Flip » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:53 pm

What coaches have been coaching at the same school the longest?

I think Brend at Thompson started as HC in 04-05.
Braaten at Carrington has to be up there, but I'm not sure how long.

I'm of the thought there aren't a lot of girls coaches that have hung around for 10+ years at least not compared to boys.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: Longest tenured coaches

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:02 pm

I think a good place to start would be the Victory's ladder in the Miss Hoopster. In Region 3 there are not a lot of coaches who have been around for a long time. I think Braaten at Carrington might be the longest tenured now that Carlson has retired at LaMoure. Wheldon from KC hasn't been there very long, but has put together an impressive resume in a short period of time. In Region 3 it seems like head girl's coaches come and go at a pretty quick rate.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Longest tenured coaches

Postby Flip » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:36 pm

Sportsrube wrote: In Region 3 it seems like head girl's coaches come and go at a pretty quick rate.

I think that is common across the state. If you told me there weren't ten coaches that have been at the same school for ten consecutive seasons I wouldn't be surprised.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls