Preseason Top Teams 22-23

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Preseason Top Teams 22-23

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:41 pm

No particular order and I'm I don't know much about the teams out west.
Central Cass
Northern Cass
Kindred
Thompson
Langdon
Oakes
Kidder County
Kenmare
Shiloh
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: Preseason Top Teams 22-23

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:27 am

I would say that Bowman will be the best team out west. Hopefully they were able to schedule some games against some good teams outside of the region.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:45 pm

I think region 2 is stacked heading into next year. You mentioned Thompson but I think these teams can make noise inside and out of the region:

MayPort is another team that returns everyone and had a good season last year, they were young so will have experience now. Cavalier returns their big junior class as well with a lot of top end talent if they can figure it out chemistry wise. Grafton loses a lot but brings back a few good pieces and seems to always reload, coaching change will be the biggest question.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:02 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:I think region 2 is stacked heading into next year. You mentioned Thompson but I think these teams can make noise inside and out of the region:

MayPort is another team that returns everyone and had a good season last year, they were young so will have experience now. Cavalier returns their big junior class as well with a lot of top end talent if they can figure it out chemistry wise. Grafton loses a lot but brings back a few good pieces and seems to always reload, coaching change will be the biggest question.

They lose Demers now too...
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:49 pm

Yes I heard that. I still think they will fight for top 3 in the region and have an outside chance at winning it depending on how the offseason goes but that is why I mentioned them last...with her they would probably still be my top 2 in the region and probably my favorite. Losing the head coach and that group of seniors plus Demers will be hard to overcome.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby leroybla » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:46 pm

What's the story with Demers? She's a junior, right?
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:10 pm

leroybla wrote:What's the story with Demers? She's a junior, right?

She's going to graduate early and go to college next year. I read a tweet that said she will redshirt next year.

The story broke today, but this wasn't really a secret.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:02 pm

Flip wrote:
leroybla wrote:What's the story with Demers? She's a junior, right?

She's going to graduate early and go to college next year. I read a tweet that said she will redshirt next year.

The story broke today, but this wasn't really a secret.

I will always have a hard time understanding the logic of a move like this. Honestly, the biggest thing to me is missing out on your senior year of HS and being a kid.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:50 pm

Any truth to the rumor that Grafton's head coach has resigned?
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:53 pm

Sportsrube wrote:Any truth to the rumor that Grafton's head coach has resigned?

Yes, that is confirmed.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:58 pm

Sportsrube wrote:Any truth to the rumor that Grafton's head coach has resigned?

Yes she did for sure. I heard it is to follow her kids more - they are both playing college basketball so that makes sense. Hard to fault her...not a lot more for her to prove as a coach.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:01 pm

packers21 wrote:I will always have a hard time understanding the logic of a move like this. Honestly, the biggest thing to me is missing out on your senior year of HS and being a kid.

I don't think it is the right decision for all kids but if you have the opportunity and are in her shoes why not? How many competitive games does she play a year in high school? 5ish? She has played in 3 straight state tournaments and won a state championship. She has earned a scholarship to a very good division program. What else does she have to gain or prove here? What are the tangible benefits of staying? By going she gets to a level where she is pushed physically and as a player more, gets to be in the college weight program, gets to learn the system, and gets to essentially add a year of money making after college sooner. Bypassing your senior year is a tough decision but I don't agree that I have a hard time understanding the logic.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:28 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:
packers21 wrote:I will always have a hard time understanding the logic of a move like this. Honestly, the biggest thing to me is missing out on your senior year of HS and being a kid.

I don't think it is the right decision for all kids but if you have the opportunity and are in her shoes why not? How many competitive games does she play a year in high school? 5ish? She has played in 3 straight state tournaments and won a state championship. She has earned a scholarship to a very good division program. What else does she have to gain or prove here? What are the tangible benefits of staying? By going she gets to a level where she is pushed physically and as a player more, gets to be in the college weight program, gets to learn the system, and gets to essentially add a year of money making after college sooner. Bypassing your senior year is a tough decision but I don't agree that I have a hard time understanding the logic.

There is more to a persons senior year than just sports.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:00 pm

In the end, this decision is up to 3 people...her and her parents.

Best of Luck to her at USD with academics & athletics.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:12 pm

The Schwab wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:

There is more to a persons senior year than just sports.

Exactly!
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Girls