Region 2 Scores, Discussion

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 2 Scores, Discussion

Postby BasketballMind » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:51 am

Two games tonight on the girls side.

North Border @ Rolette
Grafton @ Drayton/Valley-Edinburg
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:40 am

BasketballMind wrote:Two games tonight on the girls side.

North Border @ Rolette

NB @ Rolette (Score not yet posted to NDHSAA Now)
Grafton 83, DVE 23
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:42 am

BasketballMind wrote:

North Border @ Rolette

Grafton 83, DVE 23

34-30 Rolette (you should use northdakota-scores.net for your scores)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:44 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:

North Border @ Rolette

Grafton 83, DVE 23

34-30 Rolette (you should use northdakota-scores.net for your scores)

Sounds good, thank you!
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:34 am

Four girls games going on this evening.

Drayton/Valley-Edinburg @ Cavalier
Midway-Minto @ Hillsboro/Central Valley
Thompson @ May-Port CG
Griggs-Midkota @ Hatton/Northwood
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby ballernd » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:18 pm

Who does everyone have for Grafton vs Thompson tomorrow? Looking like that will probably decide who will be 1 and 2 in the region.
ballernd
NDPreps Reserve

Postby muley14 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Grafton. I haven't seen Thompson yet but common opponent comparisons go to Grafton. I still think Grafton is one of the teams that will be playing on a Saturday night in March.

Anyone see the Thompson/Kindred game? Not on Kindred's YouTube page. Looking at quarter scores it looks like Thompson got down big early then figured out the press and played them even the rest of the way.
muley14
NDPreps Starter

Postby BasketballMind » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:38 pm

Scores not posted here yet

1/14/21

Cavalier 52, D-VE 42
Thompson 57, MPCG 35
Hatton-Northwood 64, Griggs-Midkota 35

1/15/21

Hatton-Northwood 57, Larimore 43
Cavalier 65, FSHP 44
North Border 25, PRFL 21

1/16/21

Dunseith 64, MPCG 41
Midway/Minto 61, Larimore 27
Kindred 67, Thompson 54
Grafton 76, Shiloh Christian 39

Only game tonight (1/18) is Drayton/Valley-Edinburg @ Larimore
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:43 pm

ballernd wrote:Who does everyone have for Grafton vs Thompson tomorrow? Looking like that will probably decide who will be 1 and 2 in the region.

Grafton should win by 10+.
I'm not 100% sure Thompson is the #2 team in the region. MM will give them a good game.

muley14 wrote:Anyone see the Thompson/Kindred game? Not on Kindred's YouTube page. Looking at quarter scores it looks like Thompson got down big early then figured out the press and played them even the rest of the way.

I watched live but going back and looking the video has been taken down.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballMind » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:45 am

Flip wrote:
ballernd wrote:Who does everyone have for Grafton vs Thompson tomorrow? Looking like that will probably decide who will be 1 and 2 in the region.

I'm not 100% sure Thompson is the #2 team in the region. MM will give them a good game.

muley14 wrote:Anyone see the Thompson/Kindred game? Not on Kindred's YouTube page. Looking at quarter scores it looks like Thompson got down big early then figured out the press and played them even the rest of the way.

I was having a hard time finding it on Saturday. Kindred's school youtube page played the games up until the varsity started. Assuming it went to NFHS after that? With Kindred being R1 and R1 not offering it for free like R2 does, is that why it isn't there?
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:49 am

Larimore 41, D/VE 28

Games today (1/19/21)

FSHP @ Maple Valley
Cavalier @ New Rockford/Sheyenne
Hillsboro/Central Valley @ D/VE
Grafton @ Thompson
Midway/Minto @ North Border
MPCG @ PRFL
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:16 am

Maple Valley 69, FSHP 31
New Rockford-Sheyenn 83, Cavalier 59
Drayton/Valley-Edinburg 42, Hillsboro/Central Valley 31
Grafton 75, Thompson 54
Midway/Minto 52, North Border 8
May-Port CG 57, Park River/Fordville-Lankin 13

I didn't get to see the Grafton vs. Thompson game, but that is a surprising box score. I considered Grafton the favorite, but didn't expect a 21 point win on Thompson's floor. Looking at the box score it was a four point game at halftime, but the Spoilers outscored the Tommies 42-25 in the second half.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:30 am

BasketballMind wrote:Maple Valley 69, FSHP 31
Grafton 75, Thompson 54

I didn't get to see the Grafton vs. Thompson game, but that is a surprising box score. I considered Grafton the favorite, but didn't expect a 21 point win on Thompson's floor. Looking at the box score it was a four point game at halftime, but the Spoilers outscored the Tommies 42-25 in the second half.

Grafton beat them twice last year by 13 and 20 and they returned their entire team. Thompson graduated two four-year starters, another starter, and their first girl off the bench. Granted they have a very deep program, but those are some big roles to replace.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:37 am

Flip wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:Maple Valley 69, FSHP 31
Grafton 75, Thompson 54

Grafton beat them twice last year by 13 and 20 and they returned their entire team. Thompson graduated two four-year starters, another starter, and their first girl off the bench. Granted they have a very deep program, but those are some big roles to replace.

That's a good point and I haven't seen much of either team play this year. They did play with them for a half, so something must've clicked for the Spoilers to outscore them by 17 in the final two quarters. Grafton is playing really good basketball right now.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:55 pm

BasketballMind wrote:
Flip wrote:

I was having a hard time finding it on Saturday. Kindred's school youtube page played the games up until the varsity started. Assuming it went to NFHS after that? With Kindred being R1 and R1 not offering it for free like R2 does, is that why it isn't there?

http://berkahjaya.cpa-streamhd.com/hs.p ... AilJ-hKj-g

That is all I could find for a link they shared on FB for Kindred fans. It asks for Credit card info now so I'll give it two thumbs down.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:32 am

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:
Flip wrote:

That is all I could find for a link they shared on FB for Kindred fans. It asks for Credit card info now so I'll give it two thumbs down.

If NFHS had commentary and was reliable, I wouldn't mind paying for it. The times I've used it for R2 games I never thought that I'd be willing to pay for it. With live-streaming being as easy as it is now, I don't understand why every radio station that covers games doesn't at the very least send an iPad with the crew and have someone livestream it to youtube alongside their radio broadcast. Gotta be able to adapt with the times.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:49 am

Games tonight (1/21/21)

North Border @ Cavalier
Midway/Minto @ Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page
Thompson @ Oak Grove
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:15 pm

No close games tonight

Cavalier by 20
M-M by 40
Thompson by 40
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:27 pm

BasketballMind wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:
Flip wrote:

If NFHS had commentary and was reliable, I wouldn't mind paying for it. The times I've used it for R2 games I never thought that I'd be willing to pay for it. With live-streaming being as easy as it is now, I don't understand why every radio station that covers games doesn't at the very least send an iPad with the crew and have someone livestream it to youtube alongside their radio broadcast. Gotta be able to adapt with the times.

I subscribed for a couple months and then I'll drop it. It's the only way I could watch the archived games, that and there isn't anything on TV these days so I figure we are better off following HS Sports. Think it was only $11 per month.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:38 pm

I must be the only person who doesn't have a lot of troubles with NFHS, granted a lot of games I watch are on demand after the fact. What I have noticed is that if the school has a good internet connection I don't have any trouble because they internet that I use to watch them is very high quality.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:14 pm

The Schwab wrote:I must be the only person who doesn't have a lot of troubles with NFHS, granted a lot of games I watch are on demand after the fact. What I have noticed is that if the school has a good internet connection I don't have any trouble because they internet that I use to watch them is very high quality.

If schools continue to use it I'll keep subscribing. I'm in eastern ND and I'll pull up some games from the western half every once in a while. The streams will only get better. I do wish the quality was a little better. When you from Hudl to NFHS there is no comparison as far as quality.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballMind » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:01 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:No close games tonight

Cavalier by 20
M-M by 40
Thompson by 40

Thompson 64, Oak Grove 17
Midway/Minto 87, FSHP 35
Cavalier 56, North Border 38

Pretty spot on with your predictions!
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:03 am

Games tonight (1/22/21)

Park River/Fordville-Lankin @ Drayton/Valley-Edinburg
Central Cass @ Hillsboro/Central Valley
Cavalier @ Grafton
MPCG @ Larimore
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:50 am

Flip wrote:
The Schwab wrote:I must be the only person who doesn't have a lot of troubles with NFHS, granted a lot of games I watch are on demand after the fact. What I have noticed is that if the school has a good internet connection I don't have any trouble because they internet that I use to watch them is very high quality.

If schools continue to use it I'll keep subscribing. I'm in eastern ND and I'll pull up some games from the western half every once in a while. The streams will only get better. I do wish the quality was a little better. When you from Hudl to NFHS there is no comparison as far as quality.

I watch quite a few games on each platform and in my experience they are pretty comparable. One thing I wish NFHS would do for games would be the rewind 5/10 seconds and the fast forward 5/10 seconds. That would be so nice!
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:31 pm

The Schwab wrote:I watch quite a few games on each platform and in my experience they are pretty comparable. One thing I wish NFHS would do for games would be the rewind 5/10 seconds and the fast forward 5/10 seconds. That would be so nice!

I might pay double for that.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Girls