Coaching Openings

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Coaching Openings

Postby Flip » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:35 pm

Sorenson23 wrote:I agree with you run. I've learned that with my pro sports teams not to pick them; because I might jinx them. But oh well we'll see what happens. All I'll say is it will be anyone's region, who can stay hot for three nights? Same goes for R7. All in all, I rather pick them; because next they will be Central McLean for varsity basketball. That's why I picked them for one last time as the Comets.

Any idea who is going to be the new coach?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sorenson23 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:42 pm

The three schools have not made the decision yet on who will be the running the boys & girls cougar basketball teams.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:14 pm

Any new openings for the 20/21 season?

I think Lakota is open
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:31 pm

packers21 wrote:Any new openings for the 20/21 season?

I think Lakota is open

I was told there is a Lakota/Dakota Prairie coop.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:35 pm

Flip wrote:
packers21 wrote:Any new openings for the 20/21 season?

I think Lakota is open

I was told there is a Lakota/Dakota Prairie coop.

See some VB schedules include both schools and others do not (from the ones sent in) but haven’t heard anything definitive on that yet, just speculation
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:07 pm

Lakota board minutes
A motion by Schindele, seconded by Miller to approve the co-op agreement presented with girls’ basketball and girls volleyball, named Nelson County Chargers and two home games in each sport. The motion carried unanimously.

I have one contact in that area they just told it was a done deal.
edit: couldn't find anything in the DP school board minutes
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:58 pm

Flip wrote:Lakota board minutes
A motion by Schindele, seconded by Miller to approve the co-op agreement presented with girls’ basketball and girls volleyball, named Nelson County Chargers and two home games in each sport. The motion carried unanimously.

I have one contact in that area they just told it was a done deal.
edit: couldn't find anything in the DP school board minutes

Surprised they didn't go with boys as well. Normally schools will just go all sports at once. I'm guessing their boys' numbers must be ok in each program, but DP had 12 seniors this year. Lakota has been down for a few years now as far as success goes as well.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:32 pm

I see the GCC/Midkota & Lakota/DP situations are on the agenda for tomorrow’s NDHSAA board meeting
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:46 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:I see the GCC/Midkota & Lakota/DP situations are on the agenda for tomorrow’s NDHSAA board meeting

Assuming they are approved I wonder what region they put GCC/M in. If they go 3 (GCC wanted to go 3, 1 or 2 years ago), would it make sense to move Lakota/DP to 2? I'm kind of thinking out loud. Could be difficult for scheduling if they did that.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:29 pm

Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I see the GCC/Midkota & Lakota/DP situations are on the agenda for tomorrow’s NDHSAA board meeting

Assuming they are approved I wonder what region they put GCC/M in. If they go 3 (GCC wanted to go 3, 1 or 2 years ago), would it make sense to move Lakota/DP to 2? I'm kind of thinking out loud. Could be difficult for scheduling if they did that.

Lakota/DP would probably stay in D7/R4 (D7 would have 6 teams like D8; maybe basketball will go to super Region format soon since VB is already doing it).

GCC/Midkota would probably be better served in R3
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby packers21 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:11 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Flip wrote:

Lakota/DP would probably stay in D7/R4 (D7 would have 6 teams like D8; maybe basketball will go to super Region format soon since VB is already doing it).

GCC/Midkota would probably be better served in R3

Totally spaced on the DP/GCC possible COOP, would assume they stay R4, I heard if Midkota/GCCs gets done they will go R3, would think they would be pretty competitive next year. GCC has wanted out of R2 for years.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:47 pm

Coops were approved today

Lakota/Dakota Prairie (Nelson County) will be Region 4

Midkota/Griggs County Central will be Region 3 (and NE region for the track portion of coop)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Sportsrube » Fri May 29, 2020 12:31 pm

Shiloh Christian's new coach is Dan Seifert
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Fri May 29, 2020 3:49 pm

Sportsrube wrote:Shiloh Christian's new coach is Dan Seifert

Did something happen recently? I thought I saw a social media post where potential players were to email the old coach (maybe in April).

Did the TLMM/Underwood coop happen?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:15 pm

Flip wrote:

Did something happen recently? I thought I saw a social media post where potential players were to email the old coach (maybe in April).

For Basketball it did; Volleyball must be starting up in 2021-22
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Sportsrube » Sat May 30, 2020 4:10 pm

Flip wrote:

Apparently Bearstail resigned a few weeks ago.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:05 pm

MPCG find a new coach?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:02 pm

who is coaching Nelson County this year?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baskets-r-us » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:45 am

Parshall Womens coach is now Melichi Four Bear
baskets-r-us
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DiggerDan » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:01 am

Flip wrote:who is coaching Nelson County this year?

Gus Kueber I believe.
DiggerDan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:44 am

DiggerDan wrote:
Flip wrote:who is coaching Nelson County this year?

Gus Kueber I believe.

I did see that on the NDHSAA website. I still haven't heard anything on MPCG though.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:15 am

I wouldn't think schools would do this with varsity programs but I had heard some schools were doing hiring freezes until closer to season because of a lack of certainty about whether they were going to happen or not. Heard it about lower level stuff (JV, C, JH, Elementary). If they don't have a season and no one is under contract they don't have to pay out that money. That is a dangerous game to play with varsity head jobs though, would potentially impact the success of that program if someone came in that late.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:36 am

defensewinsgames wrote:I wouldn't think schools would do this with varsity programs but I had heard some schools were doing hiring freezes until closer to season because of a lack of certainty about whether they were going to happen or not. Heard it about lower level stuff (JV, C, JH, Elementary). If they don't have a season and no one is under contract they don't have to pay out that money. That is a dangerous game to play with varsity head jobs though, would potentially impact the success of that program if someone came in that late.

I do not see the point of this, as a coach at any level I would want to be meeting with my athletes as soon as possible. At the HS level I would want to be talking about off season workouts, weight training, team camps, etc.... I think you are really putting your head coach at a large disadvantage by waiting until the last minute to hire them.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:48 pm

Sportsrube wrote:I do not see the point of this, as a coach at any level I would want to be meeting with my athletes as soon as possible. At the HS level I would want to be talking about off season workouts, weight training, team camps, etc.... I think you are really putting your head coach at a large disadvantage by waiting until the last minute to hire them.

I totally agree. It is all a dollars and cents issue with schools trying to save money. I understand why they are doing it but like you said I think it does a huge disservice to the impacted coaches and athletes. Hard to build a program or prepare when you find out a week before you are the coach. Even if it is just being done at the lower levels, it severely limits coaches prepping and having important discussions around philosophy and what to run with varsity coaches leading their program. But like we keep hearing again and again though....unprecedented times.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby ProV1X » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:37 pm

I heard Northern Cass girls BB Coach Kelli Trudeau is not returning. Also there was talk of HCV getting Kyle Morehart back as head coach.

Anybody hear this or can confirm?
ProV1X
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Girls