State Tourney Seedings

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

State Tourney Seedings

Postby vikingman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:11 am

Any reason to think that the first 3 spots will not be as the final poll had them? (1 NS, 2 Kindred, 3 PR).

What about 4 and 5? A couple of upsets really change that matchup.

Harvey put a scare in to NS, that's for sure. 27 of their 40 points on 3-pointers. It's certainly not impossible to shut down the NS offense to some degree, but to beat NS you need to be hitting from long-distance -- you just don't get many good looks inside. If you're not hitting 3-pointers, it can get brutal. Of the 6 games NS played against teams in the polls, only 2 managed to score more than 27 points, and no one has scored 50 vs North Star all year.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Re: State Tourney Seedings

Postby Flip » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:14 am

I'm guessing
1 - NS
2/3 - Kindred/Park River
4/5 - WC/GC
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:17 am

My thoughts towards 4 & 5 seeds would be between Watford City, Our Redeemer's & Grant County. Grant County & Watford City were in the RV area of the poll.

Records:
Grant County 21-3
Our Redeemer's 20-5
Watford City 19-6

I would go with these for my 5 seeds:

1. North Star
2. Kindred
3. Park River-FL
4. Grant County
5. Our Redeemer's (Region 6 was stacked this year...but again could see either team here)

Safe to say E-K-M & GU-H will be 2 of the 3 randomly drawn teams.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby tmd33643 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:24 am

I think Watford City deserves it more than Our Redeemer's. Region 6 was stacked and region 8 isn't but Watford has a very tough schedule. One of the toughest in the state and 3 of their losses are against class A teams.
tmd33643
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ball4Him » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:35 am

North Star easily has 1
I would say it is a toss-up between Park River and Kindred for 2 and 3, but I will give 2 to Park River because I think they had a tougher schedule. It doesn't really matter in the end since they end up in the same bracket with random picks.
4 and 5 will come from OR, GC, and WC. I think Grant county has one of the seeds locked up and I would give the other one to Our Redeemer's so
1-NS
2-PR
3-Kind
4-GC
5-OR
Ball4Him
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan111 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:46 am

I wouldn't be shocked to see EKM get the 5 seed. Coming out of one of the stronger regions and beating the team that gave NS its closest game (even though Carrington was without there best player for all of regionals).
Should be a fun tournament!
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thundersnow » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:50 am

Personally, I would rank them this way:

1. North Star
2. Kindred
3. Park River-Fordville-Lankin
4. Grant County
5. Watford City

Should be a great tournament. North Star is the favorite and should win their first game easily, but I could see Watford City or Grant County knocking them off if they get hot from 3-point range. The potential semifinal of PR-F-L and Kindred would also be an entertaining matchup.
Thundersnow
NDPreps Starter

Postby NodakQ2 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:46 am

Thundersnow wrote:Personally, I would rank them this way:

1. North Star
2. Kindred
3. Park River-Fordville-Lankin
4. Grant County
5. Watford City

Should be a great tournament. North Star is the favorite and should win their first game easily, but I could see Watford City or Grant County knocking them off if they get hot from 3-point range. The potential semifinal of PR-F-L and Kindred would also be an entertaining matchup.

I think this is how I would rank them as well...4 and 5 are really a toss up as you could make a case for OR or EKM as well.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:02 pm

sportsfan111 wrote:I wouldn't be shocked to see EKM get the 5 seed. Coming out of one of the stronger regions and beating the team that gave NS its closest game (even though Carrington was without there best player for all of regionals).

Wasn't Carrington's best player Maara Nelson? She was the senior athlete of the year in the region.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan111 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:31 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:I wouldn't be shocked to see EKM get the 5 seed. Coming out of one of the stronger regions and beating the team that gave NS its closest game (even though Carrington was without there best player for all of regionals).

Wasn't Carrington's best player Maara Nelson? She was the senior athlete of the year in the region.

What I should have said is "one of Carrington's best players." Did not mean any disrespect to Maara Nelson, who is a tremendous athlete.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:26 pm

What I think it should be:
1. North Star
2. Kindred
3. Park-River-Fordville-Lankin
4. Grant County

I think Grant County jumped into the top four after getting two big wins against a good Shiloh team in the district & region championships. Roehl and Bentz are a tough one-to-punch for GC.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Return to Girls