2015-2016 State All Tournment Team

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2015-2016 State All Tournment Team

Postby Hoot12 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:06 am

Can someone explain the criteria of how the ND State All Tournament Team is selected.

If its based on Points: Several of the team that played in the state have one or two players that average 15+points a game, great. If they are taking 50% of the shot they should be scoring that much.
What is the shooting percentage??
Are they playing defense if so it should show up in the number of steals or blocked shots. Are the helping the team as a whole it show with the number of assists.

I am hoping it is a criteria based system, where they take into account, shooting percentages, rebounds, steals, assists over the 3 games.

I think most of the players selected are well deserving of the award but when you don't see anyone from FLPR who took 4th on the all tournament team because they are very balanced someone is missing the point (BB is a team sport). Base it on statistics is the right way.
Hoot12
NDPreps Reserve

Re: 2015-2016 State All Tournment Team

Postby beachy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:22 pm

I also would like to know how the stats are done.. I seen a couple state sheets laying on the table after one game and they must of really been confused of what an assist or a steal is when you have 2 or 3 radio stations saying a person has 10 steals and assists and the stat sheet said 1 assist and 3 steals? maybe less people sitting at the main table.. plus numerous times forgot to put points on score board and no one ever knew who foul was on or how many the player had..
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:20 pm

Hoot12 wrote:Can someone explain the criteria of how the ND State All Tournament Team is selected.

If its based on Points: Several of the team that played in the state have one or two players that average 15+points a game, great. If they are taking 50% of the shot they should be scoring that much.
What is the shooting percentage??
Are they playing defense if so it should show up in the number of steals or blocked shots. Are the helping the team as a whole it show with the number of assists.

I am hoping it is a criteria based system, where they take into account, shooting percentages, rebounds, steals, assists over the 3 games.

I think most of the players selected are well deserving of the award but when you don't see anyone from FLPR who took 4th on the all tournament team because they are very balanced someone is missing the point (BB is a team sport). Base it on statistics is the right way.

I partly think that is the point of why Park River-FL didnt have someone on the all tourney team, who would you choose?? I say this without even having seen the list, I could probably guess 8 of the 10........My choice for PRFL would be Ann Welch, but , as you said they play very good team ball.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hoot12 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:40 am

I think Bailey Beneda and Taylor Dalbey played well in the first game, Jenna Zavalney had a good third game but I agree with you over the 3 game they played I will give it to Ann Welch.
Hoot12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:30 pm

scc wrote:The worst omission from the All-Tournament Team was Stevahn from Shiloh Christian. You can't base everything by the number of points scored. Her hustle, rebounding ability, and creating turnovers for the opposition was huge.

her 4 threes put it away for SC
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls