2015-16 State Tournament

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2015-16 State Tournament

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:40 pm

North star is very good team with Kilvang on the floor but you see when see was pulled in the second quarter FCT came right back. If some of the blocks she had been called as fouls and she would have been in foul trouble limited her on defense or had to sit awhile the game could have changed. I thought refereeing didn't favor anyone but if you had refereeing that called just tighter game it could have been whole different style of game. I also thought neither team shot very well for the tournament.
The opening round of the tournament was not particularly well played game by any of team offensively with very poor outside shooting. Park River vs Watford city should be good game tonight both are quick and showed most offensively yesterday. I think it will come down to if Park RIver can handle Watford City on inside and down low. Second game will be close game too and like I say it will come down to Kilvang on much she can dominate the paint.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Great job to Shiloh, they out quicked and out hustled Rugby in the second half for the win.

Friday, March 4th
G5: Carrington (20-6) vs. Dickinson Trinity (20-5)
G6: #4 Rugby (24-2) vs. Fairmount/CT (22-2)
G7: #2 Watford City (23-2) vs. #3 Park River-FL (22-2)
G8: #1 North Star (24-1) vs. Shiloh Christian (22-3)

Carrington over Dickinson Trinity
FairmountCT over Rugby
Park River FL over Watford City not sure why
North Star over Shiloh
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:51 pm

HighPlainsDrifter wrote:
NodakQ2 wrote:Great summary Winner. I will add:

Watford and PR should be a great matchup. PR is easily the most physical team in the tournament. However, the first round game with Carrington could have had a completely different outcome if Carrington makes their uncontested lay ups. I counted at least 6 missed completely uncontested layups/bunnies.

I thought Fairmount CT vs. North Star was going to be the match up of the night and I was a bit disappointed as I thought North Star was clearly the better team. Could "the call" have changed the outcome? Maybe, but I doubt it.

The only "upset" of the day, wasn't really much of an upset IMO. Shiloh was solid and Coach Bears Tail was a rock. They came to play and after a rough start, showed everyone they belong here. They will have a tough one tonight though.

i think PR, Watford and North Star are the three best teams in Girls B. After watching them play, there is no clear favorite between these three IMO.

Well, since NS beat PR pretty handily on PR's home court, I'd have to say NS would be the favorite, if it comes to a rematch. That's what logic tells me. Of course, they still have to play the game. :wink:

I think if PRFL schemed a way to beat Thompson...the top team in State at 20-0 that NS and their coach may not be as confident as some may be in another victory for NS if rematch took place...now the reality is, is that they both have their hands full tonight....Can NS run with SC or can PRFL out muscle WC? time will tell...so with that said a rematch by region 2 and region 4 is still a big maybe... :wink:
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby HighPlainsDrifter » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:57 pm

winner-within wrote:
I think if PRFL schemed a way to beat Thompson...the top team in State at 20-0 that NS and their coach may not be as confident as some may be in another victory for NS if rematch took place...now the reality is, is that they both have their hands full tonight....Can NS run with SC or can PRFL out muscle WC? time will tell...so with that said a rematch by region 2 and region 4 is still a big maybe... :wink:

In the span of 4 days about 1 month ago, NS "schemed" a way to beat both the #2 and #3 teams in the state, both undefeated at the time, on their home floors. I don't think NS fears a rematch against PRFL. I do agree that SC could give them fits tonight -- Ulmer is a player. But I think the tree in the middle might be able to alter a few shots.
HighPlainsDrifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby ninja_joe » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:09 pm

WDAY should have auditions for whoever does the play by play announcing for the state tournaments. Listening to Dom Izzo & Lynnette Mund really encourages one to turn the volume down. Lee Timmerman generally had a clue anyways about both teams, their players, & background on the teams. Dom Izzo just blows basic plays out of proportion & is captain obvious when he calls the game. Mund does not add much insight at all.
ninja_joe
NDPreps Starter

Postby CC1983 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:03 pm

This might not be a big deal, but the scoreboard at the games are a little lacking. Most high school boards have the last foul somewhere on them, a few region arenas have the players that are playing and some of their stats. But the ones here have none of that. Just a little thing but it's the little things that make the state tournament great.
CC1983
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:43 pm

CC1983 wrote:This might not be a big deal, but the scoreboard at the games are a little lacking. Most high school boards have the last foul somewhere on them, a few region arenas have the players that are playing and some of their stats. But the ones here have none of that. Just a little thing but it's the little things that make the state tournament great.

That is just one of the many issues you have when the NDHSAA puts a basketball tournament in a football venue, along with fans sitting so far away from the court, very little "atmosphere", etc... The Alerus Center and the Fargodome are the two worst venues in the state for a basketball tournament.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Cap'n Crunch » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Sportsrube wrote:
CC1983 wrote:This might not be a big deal, but the scoreboard at the games are a little lacking. Most high school boards have the last foul somewhere on them, a few region arenas have the players that are playing and some of their stats. But the ones here have none of that. Just a little thing but it's the little things that make the state tournament great.

That is just one of the many issues you have when the NDHSAA puts a basketball tournament in a football venue, along with fans sitting so far away from the court, very little "atmosphere", etc... The Alerus Center and the Fargodome are the two worst venues in the state for a basketball tournament.

100% accurate assessment. If they really wanted it in Grand Forks couldn't they hold the girls tournament in the Betty? I may be wrong with my estimation of the amount of people that show up for the girls, boys definitely couldn't, but it's a really nice venue and would provide a much better atmosphere.
Cap'n Crunch
NDPreps Reserve

Postby senditin » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:11 pm

Way to offend NDs mexican population north star student section. Stay classy.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HighPlainsDrifter » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:50 pm

senditin wrote:Way to offend NDs mexican population north star student section. Stay classy.

¿Que?
HighPlainsDrifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby HighPlainsDrifter » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:01 pm

@winner

Well, they got their rematch!
HighPlainsDrifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:53 pm

Cap'n Crunch wrote:100% accurate assessment. If they really wanted it in Grand Forks couldn't they hold the girls tournament in the Betty? I may be wrong with my estimation of the amount of people that show up for the girls, boys definitely couldn't, but it's a really nice venue and would provide a much better atmosphere.

The Hawks usually have a game on Thursday.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:08 am

senditin wrote:Way to offend NDs mexican population north star student section. Stay classy.

Do you find it enjoyable spending your time on this board trolling one school? Get over it.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby Old Drifter » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:15 am

Well...its boiled down to WC and Shiloh...having watched the tourney so far, I think Shilohs a fast, hustling team but they have no muscle or height...a classic Cinderella team and will be the underdog many will root for but I think WC is just a little too big and tough and plays consistent ball with well-balanced scoring. I wish coach BT and the girls could have a state championship but I'm picking WC to win it all.....
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby Old Drifter » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:17 am

Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:

Do you find it enjoyable spending your time on this board trolling one school? Get over it.

Maybe we should find out what the student body said before we call anyone a troll...
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:24 am

Old Drifter wrote:
Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:

Maybe we should find out what the student body said before we call anyone a troll...

I don't need to. 90% of senditin"s remarks are against NS. Bit hypocritical?
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby B-oldtimer » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:30 am

I agree Dom Izzo just doesn't do Class b justice he has no history or what makes class b what it is. I can put it to words correctly but when he's does play by play you feel like he's just putting up with class b he can't understand why its more popular than class A sports. Also they have very little crowd shots or reactions from the fans to give it some extra background. I feel they are not emotionally vested in the games and I guess I can understand this because he comes from Fargo and to them its covering 5 big schools there in metropolitan area with two from Grand Forks they have very little attachment to class b schools when this what they cover. But for the rest of the state its class b and if you asked any class b fan there they could probably tell you something about class b teams across the state and what's been happening. But if you asked them about class A sports they couldn't tell you much at all who's been wining or loosing or even much about the teams in each region. To people in Fargo they would be dismayed I bet how little rest of state pays attention to class A teams but its different out west I think Bismarck they do equal job and when class b is in Bismarck there's interest in class b sports and they come out and watch the games from in town. Like I say Forum communications could do better on play by play they should look at some of radio announcers from various small towns to help do play by play and if not use them to get some color in the game and history of teams and what hap[pen during the season.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MTfan4life » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:54 am

Cap'n Crunch wrote:100% accurate assessment. If they really wanted it in Grand Forks couldn't they hold the girls tournament in the Betty? I may be wrong with my estimation of the amount of people that show up for the girls, boys definitely couldn't, but it's a really nice venue and would provide a much better atmosphere.

The UND women are at home this weekend.

To the comment about Dom Izzo, I completely agree. It's painful listening to him. He just tries way too hard to be enthusiastic. Every 3 pt shot attempt, he tries to anticipate it with the energy and inflection of a game winning buzzer beater. Also, every single timeout, he asks the same question. "So what is the coach saying in this timeout?"
MTfan4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby senditin » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:44 am

Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:
Old Drifter wrote:
Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:

I don't need to. 90% of senditin"s remarks are against NS. Bit hypocritical?

I'm referring to a group of students in the ns section who were dressed in sombreros, panchos and fake mustaches. Clearly offensive and classless.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bigbrew22 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:46 am

I don't need to. 90% of senditin"s remarks are against NS. Bit hypocritical?[/quote]
I'm referring to a group of students in the ns section who were dressed in sombreros, panchos and fake mustaches. Clearly offensive and classless.[/quote]

Sure if they all got together and said let's make fun of Mexicans today yes that would be classless but if they were just playing dress up to have fun and cheer there team...THEN WHO GIVES A CRAP!!!! If they were wearing sombreros and mustaches and such. it was probably funny don't be a fun sucker
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby senditin » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:12 am

Bigbrew22 wrote:I don't need to. 90% of senditin"s remarks are against NS. Bit hypocritical?

I'm referring to a group of students in the ns section who were dressed in sombreros, panchos and fake mustaches. Clearly offensive and classless.[/quote]

Sure if they all got together and said let's make fun of Mexicans today yes that would be classless but if they were just playing dress up to have fun and cheer there team...THEN WHO GIVES A CRAP!!!! If they were wearing sombreros and mustaches and such. it was probably funny don't be a fun sucker[/quote]
Ok so lets paint our faces black for the game tonite or lets wear war paint and head dresses. Hey no one will care we're just having fun!
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bigbrew22 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:32 am

senditin wrote:
Bigbrew22 wrote:I don't need to. 90% of senditin"s remarks are against NS. Bit hypocritical?

I'm referring to a group of students in the ns section who were dressed in sombreros, panchos and fake mustaches. Clearly offensive and classless.

Sure if they all got together and said let's make fun of Mexicans today yes that would be classless but if they were just playing dress up to have fun and cheer there team...THEN WHO GIVES A CRAP!!!! If they were wearing sombreros and mustaches and such. it was probably funny don't be a fun sucker[/quote]
Ok so lets paint our faces black for the game tonite or lets wear war paint and head dresses. Hey no one will care we're just having fun![/quote]

Or dress like Vikings and offend Norwegians or Maybe leprechauns and offend the Irish it is March after all. It's only offensive if your searching for reasons to be offended it's laughable and most but not offensive. Maybe NS should change there team name also my cat looked offended last night watching game I don't think he likes bears being associated with cats.....I'll get the petition started.
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby 4mrnative » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:35 am

Send it...You've been heard. As a NS alum, I saw the same thing last night and it made me cringe. As an alum, please Iet me apologize on behalf of the Cando, Bisbee, Egeland and Starkweather communities (although I don't presume to have any such authority).
I suspect that this group of students simply wanted to crank up the fun without intending any disrespect to any of our Hispanic or Mexican neighbors and friends. At the same time, I hope, (and suspect) that the kids have been given feedback and understand that perceptions (regardless of intent) are real.
As for you, I really do hope that your appalled reaction is based on concern for others and not just another opportunity for you to take a swipe at NS. Because you seem to be quite good at that. Finally, if you're going to continue to drip vitriol at all things NS, it certainly doesn't help us adjust our 'classless' behavior when it's manifested by you. I think we all might have some room for improvement in that category.
4mrnative
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:38 am

HighPlainsDrifter wrote:@winner

Well, they got their rematch!

and I'm sure they wanted the late game....those were 2 great games last night by 4 teams with tremendous heart....the 3rd and 4th place game may be a bit more tough (for a lack of better terms) to get jacked up for but I still think we see a great game....
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:00 pm

Senditin -- Were you equally offended by the Ninja sign that the Shiloh students were holding up?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Girls