Region 3

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 3

Postby ndtaterman » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:34 am

Region 3 is shaping up to be very interesting this year. Looking at some of the teams and records this looks to be wide open. Comments?
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Re: Region 3

Postby luckyinlife » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:01 am

LLM hosted EKM last night to a near capacity crowd. The EKM crowd was going wild as their team ran off a 17 point lead. They executed the "big girl" offense extremely well for most of the game. When they got out of that offense, LLM quickly surged and made it a 1 point game. This was a fun game to watch and had lots of things going on in it. Hats off to EKM defense as Holen and Meiklejohn could not get open for a good look most of the game. In spite of being down big, LLM would not give up forcing a few turnovers in a full court press.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:05 pm

I have not seen all of the teams in Region 3 play yet this year, but I think it is a safe bet that EKM and LLM are two of the best teams in the Region. I don't see any team in District 6 challenging either one of those two from District 5.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:14 pm

Don't overlook Medina/PB, Carrington or Kidder County...everyone of those teams could pull off an upset.

Totally agree that EKM & L-LM are the top two teams...but as we know anything CAN happen in the postseason!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndtaterman » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:22 pm

Sportsrube wrote:I have not seen all of the teams in Region 3 play yet this year, but I think it is a safe bet that EKM and LLM are two of the best teams in the Region. I don't see any team in District 6 challenging either one of those two from District 5.

MPB and EKM have split this season already. Carrington beat EKM once also and took them into overtime in the GopherDome. Big court and fast pace game gives EKM trouble. Lamoure is a good team but will have trouble matching up with any team with size. I agree those two probably are the favorites but disagree on the District 6 comment. Will be a fun post season for this region.
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndtaterman » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:08 am

Just a little thought on the strength of Region 3. Since the first of the year Kidder County has beaten Dickinson Trinity, New Salem and now Shilo. They have also lost to MPB, South Border and Carrington in that same time period. All Region 3 teams. Then throw E/K and Lamoure in the mix.
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndtaterman » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:34 am

I would say the first round game of the night is Kidder County playing Lamoure.
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:08 pm

LLM plays their best in crunch time and it is that time. Holien will take em to GF.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndtaterman » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:29 pm

My first round picks are Carrington, Lamoure, MPB and EKM. Ill update if I'm right.
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndtaterman » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:14 pm

All four teams capable of winning this Region. That's how closely matched these teams are. Giving the nod to Carrington over Lamoure in the first game. Carrington's size and defense create too many problems for Lamoure. They have the ability to shut down the outside shooting and penetration of Lamoure. Another very close game between the two. Game 2 I'm going with MPB. Their ability to play 9-10 players and playing on a big court give them the edge. Their pressure defense the whole game will eventually wear on the 2 big girls from EKM. Another very close one.
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls