State Tournament Format

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: State Tournament Format

Postby Rivershark » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:54 am

The Schwab wrote:The Head Coaches of the teams in the state tournament rank the top 4 teams (they can't rank their own team) 1-4, they seed the top 4 and draw for the other 4.

So what do you mean they can't rank their own team? This process has only been used one year, correct? Are there any down falls to doing it this way or is this a good process?
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:59 am

If you coach Team A and even though your team is number 1 in the state and undefeated all year you can't rank your own team in your top 4 rankings. You would have 7 options for teams to rank, with your team being the one you can't rank.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby madseason » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:12 am

nolan4 wrote:
heimer wrote:Been saying it for years.

64 teams make the state tournament.

Nowadays, even more make the state tournament.

The first three, or four, rounds happen at regional sites.

Best next change for B tourneys: seed 5, not four.

I would seed all 8!!

I say either seed all 8 or just put all the names in a hat and draw teams. If you are going to seed 4 then you should seed all the way to 8. 64 team tourney is interesting. I think it would generate more interest. At least 64 teams could say they played in the STATE TOURNEY! :lol: Not exactly giving everyone a trophy :roll:
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Girls