Miss Basketball 2015-2016

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Miss Basketball 2015-2016

Postby balla45 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:34 pm

Who wins? Riley or Sarah?

Both will end up as their class's all time leading scorer, both will be 4 time all state selections, and both are signed to the same school.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: Miss Basketball 2015-2016

Postby Baller » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:47 pm

I think Sarah gets it based on name, state championships won, and winning streak.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:45 pm

That makes sense to me. Nudell has had some OK talent around her but for one reason or another they have never been able to get over the Region 1 hump. And right or wrong, I think that will hold her back a bit in the eyes of the voters.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Statguy7 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:28 pm

Just throwing in my two cents by no means am I saying region 1 is better then class A but region 1 has been deeper then the EDC in my opinion. Still Think Sarah wins but it's close Nudell is off to a hot start let's see how long she can keep it up.
Statguy7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:44 pm

If Nudell beats the all-time scoring record of both classes, then she deserves to be Miss Basketball. Generally, Class A fans can make the claim that Class B players have the advantage of breaking this record because they get to play varsity as middle schoolers. This year, both of the top candidates have played varsity since middle school.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:46 pm

True, however, Jacobson will break the Class A scoring record. I feel that they are essentially doing the same thing in their respective class. It is crazy that it is happening at the same time.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:51 pm

Who else will possibly be in the conversation? Kvilvang?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:19 pm

Kvilvang is a junior. It is my personal opinion that the 5 best ND senior girls are, in alphabetical order by last name:
Cassie Askvig - Minot
Sarah Jacobson - Fargo Shanley
Rylee Nudell - Maple Valley
Lauren Rotunda - Fargo Shanley
Jaye Two Bears - Shiloh Cbristian.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:42 pm

Wow, I thought she was a senior this year. Not to jump ahead or anything, but who else besides her should be in the running next season?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:53 pm

Some juniors who I think will contend for Miss Basketball 2016-2017 are as follows, in alphabetical order by last name:
Ashley Davis - Turtle Mountain
Regan Dennis - Bismarck Century
Tylee Irwin - Wahpeton (my pick to win)
Macey Kvilvang - North Star
Akealy Moton - West Fargo.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Statguy7 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:06 pm

If MV doesn't make state does Nudell have any chance to win?
Statguy7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:26 am

I think they will go with co-winners. They both get a lot of media coverage since they are from the Fargo area, and it will make a good story.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby east sider » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:37 pm

I can't imagine a scenario where rigging it so they are co-winners is more appropriate. It's really gonna cause an uproar if only one is picked, and they both deserve it for their individual accomplishments.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:43 pm

east sider wrote:I can't imagine a scenario where rigging it so they are co-winners is more appropriate. It's really gonna cause an uproar if only one is picked, and they both deserve it for their individual accomplishments.

Agree 100%.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:49 pm

Statguy7 wrote:Just throwing in my two cents by no means am I saying region 1 is better then class A but region 1 has been deeper then the EDC in my opinion. Still Think Sarah wins but it's close Nudell is off to a hot start let's see how long she can keep it up.

You can't make this up.

Fargo Shanley, Davies, Red River, West Fargo, and Sheyenne would curb stomp the entirety of Region I. Devils Lake and Wahpeton so signs of being quality, and South is rebounding behind and SEC volleyball athlete.

But magically, a fun bunch of crap hits the board about Region I being somehow deeper than the EDC.

Nudell and Jacobson are both worthy. I hate the idea of co-winners. It cheapens the award. But I can understand the argument. I've seen both play, and they both are tremendous players. My nod is to Jacobson, because I think the titles and the streak speak to how she not only is a great player, but also makes her teammates better. But if someone told me a decent reason for voting for Nudell, I'd be more than just open-minded to the argument.

But don't sell us on a pack of lies about Region I being deeper than the EDC. Good lord. Shanley beat the "best B girls team in history" by 15 points on a neutral floor last year. Tell me again how Region I is deeper.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:49 pm

heimer wrote:
Statguy7 wrote:Just throwing in my two cents by no means am I saying region 1 is better then class A but region 1 has been deeper then the EDC in my opinion. Still Think Sarah wins but it's close Nudell is off to a hot start let's see how long she can keep it up.

You can't make this up.

Fargo Shanley, Davies, Red River, West Fargo, and Sheyenne would curb stomp the entirety of Region I. Devils Lake and Wahpeton so signs of being quality, and South is rebounding behind and SEC volleyball athlete.

But magically, a fun bunch of crap hits the board about Region I being somehow deeper than the EDC.

Nudell and Jacobson are both worthy. I hate the idea of co-winners. It cheapens the award. But I can understand the argument. I've seen both play, and they both are tremendous players. My nod is to Jacobson, because I think the titles and the streak speak to how she not only is a great player, but also makes her teammates better. But if someone told me a decent reason for voting for Nudell, I'd be more than just open-minded to the argument.

But don't sell us on a pack of lies about Region I being deeper than the EDC. Good lord. Shanley beat the "best B girls team in history" by 15 points on a neutral floor last year. Tell me again how Region I is deeper.

don't agree with heimer much...totally agree here!! Region 1 is NOWHERE near the level of competition that EDC or Class A, in general, is.

Miss Basketball is a two-person 'race' and yes, it could easily be a co-award this year...but Statguy7, saying R1 is better/deeper then the EDC is a joke!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Statguy7 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:23 pm

I would first like to apologize I did not mean for my post to sound like it did. The point I am trying to make is Region 1 is the best overall region in class B similar to how the EDC is to Class A. Jacobson and Nudell are great players. Nudell has been the best player in the region every year since Hannah Breske left. She is averaging 36.2 points a game if she keeps that up I find it difficult not to at least give her a co award along with Jacobson.
Statguy7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:26 pm

Statguy7 wrote:I would first like to apologize I did not mean for my post to sound like it did. The point I am trying to make is Region 1 is the best overall region in class B similar to how the EDC is to Class A. Jacobson and Nudell are great players. Nudell has been the best player in the region every year since Hannah Breske left. She is averaging 36.2 points a game if she keeps that up I find it difficult not to at least give her a co award along with Jacobson.

I agree that she is deserving of at least a co-winner award, but honestly feel that she should win it out right if she breaks this record. Usually the argument is made that most Class A players do not get to play varsity as a middle schooler which puts them at a disadvantage for breaking this record. That is not the case this season. With all the discussions of transfers, private schools, travel ball, etc., Nudell is a great story of a small town athlete who spent her summers playing with her high school teammates. Jacobson is also a very talented player, but since Miss BB is an individual award, the all-time scoring record puts Nudell ahead if she breaks it.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:32 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
Statguy7 wrote:I would first like to apologize I did not mean for my post to sound like it did. The point I am trying to make is Region 1 is the best overall region in class B similar to how the EDC is to Class A. Jacobson and Nudell are great players. Nudell has been the best player in the region every year since Hannah Breske left. She is averaging 36.2 points a game if she keeps that up I find it difficult not to at least give her a co award along with Jacobson.

I agree that she is deserving of at least a co-winner award, but honestly feel that she should win it out right if she breaks this record. Usually the argument is made that most Class A players do not get to play varsity as a middle schooler which puts them at a disadvantage for breaking this record. That is not the case this season. With all the discussions of transfers, private schools, travel ball, etc., Nudell is a great story of a small town athlete who spent her summers playing with her high school teammates. Jacobson is also a very talented player, but since Miss BB is an individual award, the all-time scoring record puts Nudell ahead if she breaks it.

Which record are you talking about? Nudell barring injuries will be the All-Time scoring leader and rebounding leader, but Jacobson should also end up being the all time scoring leader. Nudells average of 36 could honestly easily be 45. I've seen her go for 30 alone in the first half and then defer much more in the second. I honestly have no idea who is gunna win the award, both are deserving. Nudell is gunna have more records and personal acheievments but Jacobson has what matters most, TITLES.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Statguy7 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:21 pm

I am not saying Jacobson isn't a great player but she has had better teams then Nudell. If roles were reversed and Jacobson played for Maple Vallley I feel they would have suffered the same fate as Nudell's teams. If Nudell played for Shanley I think they would still have won state titles.
Statguy7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:35 pm

Statguy7 wrote:I am not saying Jacobson isn't a great player but she has had better teams then Nudell. If roles were reversed and Jacobson played for Maple Valley I feel they would have suffered the same fate as Nudell's teams. If Nudell played for Shanley I think they would still have won state titles.

I disagree...1: they aren't the same players and 2: Class A ball is a different world then Class B ball...who would have brought the ball down the floor for Shanley?? Jacobson may not have made it to state in MV either...

Statguy7...have you seen Jacobson play...in person??
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:34 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Statguy7 wrote:I am not saying Jacobson isn't a great player but she has had better teams then Nudell. If roles were reversed and Jacobson played for Maple Valley I feel they would have suffered the same fate as Nudell's teams. If Nudell played for Shanley I think they would still have won state titles.

I disagree...1: they aren't the same players and 2: Class A ball is a different world then Class B ball...who would have brought the ball down the floor for Shanley?? Jacobson may not have made it to state in MV either...

Statguy7...have you seen Jacobson play...in person??

Although I still believe that Nudell deserves the award if she breaks the record, I think Jacobson would have led MV to a state appearance at least once in her career, and Nudell would have at least one championship at Shanley assuming that she had the support players with her.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Statguy7 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:33 pm

Yes I have seen Jacobson play every game she has played against Valley City and the Bishop Ryan game last year as well.
Statguy7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDBaller32 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Jaye Two Bears Only Player From North Dakota Selected as McDonald's All American Nominee..

Jaye is the Best Athletic All Around Two Way Player in this State hands down. She got the best D-1 Offers in the 2016 Class in this State. Going to a better D-1 College than Nudell and Jacobson. Wake up People from North Dakota. She's the best player in this State in my eyes. Beyond points and Rebounds.

http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/aag ... -List.html
NDBaller32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby jtdc492 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:09 pm

Two Bears is a great player, but she really hasn't played in the last two seasons. And who knows how she'll be when she comes back from her second knee surgery.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Girls