2015 STATE TOURNEY

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Wins State?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:17 pm

Bishop Ryan
57%
Kindred
7%
Lakota/Edmore
17%
Thompson
7%
Parshall
2%
LaMoure-LM
5%
Shiloh Christian
5%
Dickinson Trinity
No votes

Total votes : 42

Re: 2015 STATE TOURNEY

Postby kingjames101 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:57 pm

I see HONKER came back to the north early this year is watching in the background lol. :lol:
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BigCat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:13 pm

Alright! alright! alright! Now we're cooking with butter. Kindred has been mentioned and opined upon, so lets move on to the rest of the 3-9. I kind of know Thompson and their players/abilities, but the crowd may want more as well. Please dont stop as I am so happy that you all are a little bit interested in the teams and their chemistry. Still looking for Run and Balla to opine as well. Need more info on Parshal as well. Keep it comin' folks!!!
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby kingjames101 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:23 pm

Meow right back at ya BigCat
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kingjames101 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:26 pm

Parshall n DT I know nothing about but would like sum info as a spectator scouting report
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BigCat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:23 pm

easterner wrote:Thompson game was good until we(kindred) pulled ahead in the beginning of 4th, we hit alot of 3's then. They couldn't handle the full court pressure in the second half, but Thompson is a very good team, differently wouldn't sleep on them at state(if they wouldn't had missed so bunny shots, they would have beat us). Otherwise i only made 2 other games, and both blow outs. Kindred has a deep bench which is good for the fast pace game they play. But I think we match up good with Parshall and we can tire them out at the end. Both quality teams. I just know if Kindred meets Ryan, Ryan wouldn't keep up with the pace, no way can the big keep up with the speed, but i think Thompson might give Ryan a run for their money, because they have speed too, and a athletic person that can go up with the big's. , just a fyi, my niece is friends with shaice marx through track and bball camps, so i do keep up on her games too. Since i read that people have to fully disclose what they do(which i don't see the need or point for that, since this about the players and teams, not us). Kingjames, you have any insight on Parshall or Dickinson Trinity? rest of them pretty straight forward.

Hmmmmm, I smell something fishy here! I have seen the overuse of comma's and this grammer before. Someone is not trying to pull the wool, are they? If it's you and you get away with it, more power to ya!
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby kingjames101 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:40 pm

BigCat can u elaborate on your woolly thoughts? :roll:
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sleepy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:16 am

He might be thinking RADBALL?
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby easterner » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:02 am

i take it this site is about criticizing people(based on people bashing this Radball, its not my right to judge people based on what they say) instead of what the site is about? If it is, i'm out. And we wonder why kids are bullys and try to degrade other kids. I could care less how people judge other people on this site, lets look at the merit of the site itself, its about ND athletics, not how someone puts a comma or grammar(i wouldn't point out the previous person's wrong spelling of it when used to point out a point) in a wrong place. WOW. But i guess it is easier to put people down when they are behind a keyboard, but i'll refrain from that approach and stick to the merit of the site. So are we going to talk bball or continue to bash someone that we don't even know?
easterner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kingjames101 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:08 am

easterner wrote:i take it this site is about criticizing people(based on people bashing this Radball, its not my right to judge people based on what they say) instead of what the site is about? If it is, i'm out. And we wonder why kids are bullys and try to degrade other kids. I could care less how people judge other people on this site, lets look at the merit of the site itself, its about ND athletics, not how someone puts a comma or grammar(i wouldn't point out the previous person's wrong spelling of it when used to point out a point) in a wrong place. WOW. But i guess it is easier to put people down when they are behind a keyboard, but i'll refrain from that approach and stick to the merit of the site. So are we going to talk bball or continue to bash someone that we don't even know?

Start talking then about basketball n get over the personal points of he said she said. Let's move on!!!!
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby easterner » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:22 pm

I'm just hoping the refs don't take the players out of the game like what happened last yrs championship game. I do think Ryan's reign might fall if the refs let the teams play good defense. I think the only way Ryan loses is a very low scoring game that is fast pace(tire them out and frustration sets in), i realize that don't tend to go hand and hand but i don't see any other way.
easterner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nolan4 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:53 pm

easterner wrote:I'm just hoping the refs don't take the players out of the game like what happened last yrs championship game. I do think Ryan's reign might fall if the refs let the teams play good defense. I think the only way Ryan loses is a very low scoring game that is fast pace(tire them out and frustration sets in), i realize that don't tend to go hand and hand but i don't see any other way.

Bishop Ryan likes to get out and run and have many occasions, sometimes force it TOO much and get turnovers against teams that can keep up.......just because they are tall, doesnt mean they cant run, quite the contrary........if Bishop Ryan does meet Kindred and they are the track team some people say they are, I would like to see if Ryan tires out easily and if they can handle pressure for a whole game............Ryan is not just about their 2 bigs, they have 2 really good guards, but after their top 4 they drop off significantly this yr, as opposed to the previous yrs where they could run out 7 or 8 girls.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:31 pm

nolan4 wrote:
easterner wrote:I'm just hoping the refs don't take the players out of the game like what happened last yrs championship game. I do think Ryan's reign might fall if the refs let the teams play good defense. I think the only way Ryan loses is a very low scoring game that is fast pace(tire them out and frustration sets in), i realize that don't tend to go hand and hand but i don't see any other way.

Bishop Ryan likes to get out and run and have many occasions, sometimes force it TOO much and get turnovers against teams that can keep up.......just because they are tall, doesnt mean they cant run, quite the contrary........if Bishop Ryan does meet Kindred and they are the track team some people say they are, I would like to see if Ryan tires out easily and if they can handle pressure for a whole game............Ryan is not just about their 2 bigs, they have 2 really good guards, but after their top 4 they drop off significantly this yr, as opposed to the previous yrs where they could run out 7 or 8 girls.

Nolan, I know Ryan is all-world, but there has to be a crack in the armour somewhere other than them being 4 deep. I think most agree that they will walk away with it, but if there isnt a team with a strong big in the field like FF or a team that can out run them like Kindred, there must be no weaknesses.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby B-oldtimer » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:00 pm

Its the state tournament and funny thing happens at state sometimes teams get to be darlings and get on role and hard to beat and sometimes it goes way it suppose to go. One thing for sure this is first tournament where teams are playing against the best and they play 3 games in row fatigue and pressure play funny part of the game. Ryan has advantage they are very good and are playing basically at home they will be sleeping in their own beds and eating at home so their routines are not as disrupted as some of the teams. But they do have pressure of playing in state when everyone thinks they are going to run away from the game. My guess is that if they are going to get beat its going to be on the third night and who ever it is going to have play very good game mistake free and shooting well and very good defense.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nolan4 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:20 pm

B-oldtimer wrote:Its the state tournament and funny thing happens at state sometimes teams get to be darlings and get on role and hard to beat and sometimes it goes way it suppose to go. One thing for sure this is first tournament where teams are playing against the best and they play 3 games in row fatigue and pressure play funny part of the game. Ryan has advantage they are very good and are playing basically at home they will be sleeping in their own beds and eating at home so their routines are not as disrupted as some of the teams. But they do have pressure of playing in state when everyone thinks they are going to run away from the game. My guess is that if they are going to get beat its going to be on the third night and who ever it is going to have play very good game mistake free and shooting well and very good defense.

That is where i agree with you oldtimer(by the way we probably about same age?, im 51), if a team this yr is going to beat them they will have depth, where 3 games wont wear on them as much , and it will be the 3rd game..........and that does bring in Kindred if they end up playing Bishop Ryan, if they have that deep bench it could make a difference.............i dont know if anyone on this forum remembers the boys state tournament in 2008 when TL Mercer played Grafton, but TL Mercer had no bench and they played lights out the first 2 games and you could see they were gassed against Grafton, altho Grafton had an excellent team as well.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby ninja_joe » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:30 am

Thursday, March 5th
G1: #2 Kindred (24-0) vs. Parshall (20-5)
G2: #3 Lakota/Edmore (22-2) vs. LaMoure-LM (21-4)
G3: #1 Bishop Ryan (23-1) vs. Shiloh Christian (22-2)
G4: #4 Thompson (22-2) vs. Dickinson Trinity (19-5)

First round games are usually the most interesting as good coaching + preparation can even the gap between teams. With this years match ups though, doesn't look like that will matter. Parshall could beat Kindred BUT they would have to be prepared. Parshall might be happy to just get to state. They probably will be jittery. LaMoure could give Lakota issues IF they play box & 1. If not, Freije owns them. Shiloh knows how to play Ryan. Just don't have the players to win but will hang in there. Thompson & Trinity will be close & could go either way.

Kindred over Parshall 52-45
Lakota over LaMoure 55-39
Bishop Ryan over Shiloh 58-44
Thompson over Trinity 42-41

LaMoure over Parshall 47-45
Shiloh over Trinity 50-34
Kindred over Lakota 46-40
Bishop Ryan over Thompson 75-35

Parshall over Trinity 55-42
Shiloh over LaMoure 44-38
Lakota over Thompson 56-46
Bishop Ryan over Kindred 57-45

Dickinson Trinity - 8th
Parshall - 7th
LaMoure - 6th
Shiloh - 5th
Thompson - 4th
Lakota - 3rd
Kindred - 2nd
Bishop Ryan -1st

Friejie = Senior Athlete of the Year
ninja_joe
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:16 am

ninja_joe wrote:Thursday, March 5th

First round games are usually the most interesting as good coaching + preparation can even the gap between teams. With this years match ups though, doesn't look like that will matter. Parshall could beat Kindred BUT they would have to be prepared. Parshall might be happy to just get to state. They probably will be jittery. LaMoure could give Lakota issues IF they play box & 1. If not, Freije owns them. Shiloh knows how to play Ryan. Just don't have the players to win but will hang in there. Thompson & Trinity will be close & could go either way.

Kindred over Parshall 52-45
Lakota over LaMoure 55-39
Bishop Ryan over Shiloh 58-44
Thompson over Trinity 42-41

LaMoure over Parshall 47-45
Shiloh over Trinity 50-34
Kindred over Lakota 46-40
Bishop Ryan over Thompson 75-35

Parshall over Trinity 55-42
Shiloh over LaMoure 44-38
Lakota over Thompson 56-46
Bishop Ryan over Kindred 57-45

Dickinson Trinity - 8th
Parshall - 7th
LaMoure - 6th
Shiloh - 5th
Thompson - 4th
Lakota - 3rd
Kindred - 2nd
Bishop Ryan -1st

Friejie = Senior Athlete of the Year

I don't normally agree whole heartedly with most opinions, but you may be the first. Wouldn't change a thing! I want everyone to play to their potential, but given Ryan is as close to a lock as you can get, I'd like to see someone give them a good game. Good luck to everyone on the list. No flukes on this list makes it set up for a good tourney!
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:30 am

ninja_joe wrote:Thursday, March 5th

I'm going with Trinity in an upset in the first round. Kindred's depth pulls away from L-E late in the semifinals. Ryan rolls with two 20 point wins in the first two round. Ryan edges Kindred in the championship.

1st - Ryan
2nd - Kindred
3rd - L-E
4th - Trinity
5th - LLM
6th - Shiloh
7th - Thompson
8th - Parshall
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nodak4life » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Parshall is a quality team with veteran coaches. They are led by seniors and they have played a challenging schedule. They shouldn't be intimidated by Kindred. Hopefully they are not relaxing after the surprising win against Watford City. You could tell though, after watching them lose to WC in district championship, that they could play with them. Cheyenne Packineau was injured at the end of the regular season, but seems to be healthy now. She is a smart player and can pass really well in the post. Parshall lost to Thompson by 2 and defeated Dickinson Trinity early in the season.
nodak4life
NDPreps Rookie

Postby triplebbb » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:19 pm

The only thing that will hurt Parshall is depth. They have a quality point guard (Risan), a quality wing (K. Packineau), a quality post (C. Packineau), a good rebounder and defender (Severance). Their 5th starter and bench are a fairly large drop off after that. The top 4 play a lot of minutes and are forced to stay in the game, even with say 3 fouls in the 1st half. The entire Ft Berthold reservation will be behind them and they will be fired up. It is the Parshall girls 1st trip ever to State. They could surprise.
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby Old Drifter » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:25 pm

triplebbb wrote:The only thing that will hurt Parshall is depth. They have a quality point guard (Risan), a quality wing (K. Packineau), a quality post (C. Packineau), a good rebounder and defender (Severance). Their 5th starter and bench are a fairly large drop off after that. The top 4 play a lot of minutes and are forced to stay in the game, even with say 3 fouls in the 1st half. The entire Ft Berthold reservation will be behind them and they will be fired up. It is the Parshall girls 1st trip ever to State. They could surprise.

you're right...parshall pretty much has an iron 5 with 1 underclassman with some minutes during the year...they do have some talent with my personal favorite their point guard, michele risan. I like that little girl...she's got balls...heheh...she'll take it right into the middle, split a couple big girls then do an underhanded finger-roll...as for watford city, they have a very good team but really no height..not that it mattered i guess with a 22-2 record. they will be in state next year i predict with k. Imogen and a few others playing their last games as Seniors, they are very well-coached and will run your a** off. BUT. Cheyenne hurt her knee in their first meeting and she wasn't 100% in their 2nd. 3rd time was the charm. as for thompson beating parshall this year and last year....(and here i go again) the refs had cheyenne on the bench last year in the 2nd quarter with 4 fours and fouled her out this year...
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:16 am

Old Drifter wrote:
triplebbb wrote:The only thing that will hurt Parshall is depth. They have a quality point guard (Risan), a quality wing (K. Packineau), a quality post (C. Packineau), a good rebounder and defender (Severance). Their 5th starter and bench are a fairly large drop off after that. The top 4 play a lot of minutes and are forced to stay in the game, even with say 3 fouls in the 1st half. The entire Ft Berthold reservation will be behind them and they will be fired up. It is the Parshall girls 1st trip ever to State. They could surprise.

you're right...parshall pretty much has an iron 5 with 1 underclassman with some minutes during the year...they do have some talent with my personal favorite their point guard, michele risan. I like that little girl...she's got balls...heheh...she'll take it right into the middle, split a couple big girls then do an underhanded finger-roll...as for watford city, they have a very good team but really no height..not that it mattered i guess with a 22-2 record. they will be in state next year i predict with k. Imogen and a few others playing their last games as Seniors, they are very well-coached and will run your a** off. BUT. Cheyenne hurt her knee in their first meeting and she wasn't 100% in their 2nd. 3rd time was the charm. as for thompson beating parshall this year and last year....(and here i go again) the refs had cheyenne on the bench last year in the 2nd quarter with 4 fours and fouled her out this year...

I would love to see Parshall do well in this tournament. They are aggressive and now afraid to go to the basketball. If the officials are not a big factor, Parshall could surprise teams.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:12 am

Is it going to be possible to stream the games at all?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vikingman » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:25 am

wday.com is supposed to have it.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby nolan4 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:29 pm

Observations from the Kindred-Parshall game..................Risan is Parshall's most important player at least vs Kindred........I keep thinking Parshall is going to tire out and Kindred will pull away, NOT YET!!!!!...........Kindred does have their 2 best players, but all the girls seem the same, that is a good thing.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:01 pm

Wow , what a game, but i dont know some of the thinking their at the end.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Girls