Early Edition 2015-2016 Top 10

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Early Edition 2015-2016 Top 10

Postby nolan4 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:20 pm

Tonight we will find out who goes to state for this year, but I will be the first to give my Top 10 teams for next yr, plus maybe a HM or 2 :)

1. Watford City
2. North Star
3.Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah
4.Dickinson Trinity
5. Grafton
6. Grant County
7. Park River
8. Shiloh Christian
9. LaMoure-Litchville-Marion
10.Garrison
I dont doubt I am missing someone , especially in the east......Thompson?? Oak Grove?? Only Region i dont have represented , I believe is Region 6(my home region).......other than Ryan they have been a down region for a couple yrs, altho if not for Ryan this year, Rugby would have been(game hasnt been played yet, so assuming) a decent representative. Id like to hear others , on what they think. Thanks.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Re: Early Edition 2015-2016 Top 10

Postby triplebbb » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:48 pm

Doesn't Kindred have quite a few girls back?
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:54 pm

triplebbb wrote:Doesn't Kindred have quite a few girls back?

They do, but I think they lose their top 2 scorers, but again , i dont know the east that well, so looking for other opinions :)
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:59 pm

I can't see North Star that high after losing Hagler, although Kvilvang will win them a bunch of games on her own. Benson County will be young and probably two years out from challenging for a state berth, but they have some good freshmen and sophomores right now.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:43 pm

Watford City could likely be the Bishop Ryan of 2015-16 meaning the team that is just a mile ahead of the rest. I think WC is the only team in the state right now that can compete and slow down Bishop Ryan. I'd be a happy fan if WC vs. BR is our State Title this year.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby nolan4 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:14 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Watford City could likely be the Bishop Ryan of 2015-16 meaning the team that is just a mile ahead of the rest. I think WC is the only team in the state right now that can compete and slow down Bishop Ryan. I'd be a happy fan if WC vs. BR is our State Title this year.

I think they will be, barring something crazy like Watford City getting a 4th seed, if I did the seeding , it would be Watford City 2, but doesnt matter if they are 2 or 3, but I also think they are the 2nd best team in state...........and i know i havnt seen Kindred and you cant always goes by scores, but scores do give some indication.........and i seen Watford City , just once, and i was very impressed.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby noles4ever » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:22 pm

When does Watford go class A, is that next year or the year after.
I don't think Ryan will crush everyone by 40 at the state tourney. That being said they are for sure the favorite. I think both teams that play tonite in region 4 have the abilities to give them a run for their money on any given night. L-E has the single best player in the state and she has the ability to take over and put her team on her back. North Star has the great equalizer in the middle, Kvilvang at 6'3/6'4 has the ability to take away the middle and make a team earn their points with not allowing easy ones in the middle. I would say, from what I have seen, heard, and read that North Star will be the early favorite next year. They have a quality Pt. guard, 2 off guards that can hit from 3, some younger players that could possibly contribute, and there just is no substitute for the kind of length that Kvilvang brings to the mix.
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby triplebbb » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:43 am

WC as of now will go Class A the year after next (16-17 season). Girls will play Turtle Mountain once and Dickinson home and away as a bit of a transition. Should be very good but as the Region Championship game showed anything can happen. We shot something like 16/58 and missed quite a few free throws. Scored 25 pts below season average. Good luck to Parshall at State. Their losses are to us and other ranked teams. They could surprise.
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:54 am

nolan4 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Watford City could likely be the Bishop Ryan of 2015-16 meaning the team that is just a mile ahead of the rest. I think WC is the only team in the state right now that can compete and slow down Bishop Ryan. I'd be a happy fan if WC vs. BR is our State Title this year.

I think they will be, barring something crazy like Watford City getting a 4th seed, if I did the seeding , it would be Watford City 2, but doesnt matter if they are 2 or 3, but I also think they are the 2nd best team in state...........and i know i havnt seen Kindred and you cant always goes by scores, but scores do give some indication.........and i seen Watford City , just once, and i was very impressed.

OOPS!!! Funny how things go sometimes! Cant always go by scores! :)
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:24 pm

BigCat wrote:
nolan4 wrote:

Exactly what I said, but they do give some indications.........but that is why they play the games, if we only went by what was on paper during regular season, they wouldnt need tournaments at all :).......upsets happen all the time , it is good for sports.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby easterner » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:44 pm

Watford City,Kindred and Thompson, all bring back alot, and only lose a few if any. But alot can change in a yr.
easterner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BigCat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:18 pm

easterner wrote:Watford City,Kindred and Thompson, all bring back alot, and only lose a few if any. But alot can change in a yr.

Do any of these teams lose studs or are they so deep it doesnt matter?
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:21 pm

nolan4 wrote:
BigCat wrote:
nolan4 wrote:

Exactly what I said, but they do give some indications.........but that is why they play the games, if we only went by what was on paper during regular season, they wouldnt need tournaments at all :).......upsets happen all the time , it is good for sports.

I wasn't bustin' your chops. In matter of fact, I like how you put yourself out there. I can't say a whole lot as I hitorically have saved my opinions for fear of being 6 football fields off. :lol:
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:01 pm

BigCat wrote:
easterner wrote:Watford City,Kindred and Thompson, all bring back alot, and only lose a few if any. But alot can change in a yr.

It doesn't matter with Kindred. They have so many clones that are all speedy that they'll pick right up where they left off.

Thompson loses 3 but the pipeline is still strong. Look for Grafton to possibly overtake Thompson. Grafton did not have a senior on the team and took Thompson to the wall both times they played. PRFL will also be back in the battle as well.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby BigCat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Hinsa wrote:
BigCat wrote:

It doesn't matter with Kindred. They have so many clones that are all speedy that they'll pick right up where they left off.

Thompson loses 3 but the pipeline is still strong. Look for Grafton to possibly overtake Thompson. Grafton did not have a senior on the team and took Thompson to the wall both times they played. PRFL will also be back in the battle as well.

I believe its the sophomore class at Kindred that is very athletic and have played together very successfully in tourneys for years. I think that one of them starts at point this year with atleast four waiting their turn and they are fast and agressive.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby triplebbb » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Watford City returns 3 starters and the 6th man. 3 of the top 4 scorers return. The JV has lost 1 game in the past 2 seasons. This years JV consisted of 2 Jrs, 1 Soph, 2 Frosh as the core that played 4 quarters of JV and very few varsity minutes. However they play against several varsity teams in our district as district games so the varsity can beef up their schedule. The other 3 that played a lot on JV and C squad were 2 8th and 1 Frosh. The cupboard is very full in Watford City. Next year the Wolves have added Turtle Mountain, Dickinson (home and away), Shiloh, and Rugby to take the place of some very poor teams currently on the schedule.
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:01 am

After watching all the games yesterday, LLM and DT will definitely be top 10 early next year.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:22 am

Region 1: Fairmount/CT
Region 2: Grafton
Region 3: LaMoure-LM
Region 4: North Star...maybe Langdon competes again next year
Region 5: Garrison
Region 6: Rugby, Our Redeemer's, Sawyer, Berthold, Velva...your guess is as good as mine here
Region 7: Dickinson Trinity
Region 8: Watford City
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BigCat » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:43 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Region 1: Fairmount/CT
Region 6: Rugby, Our Redeemer's, Sawyer, Berthold, Velva...your guess is as good as mine here

Don't sleep on Kindreds young deep bench. They lose Erickson and Piatz but have sophs and juniors ready to go. You could see them back due to the fact that they know how to win without panic.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:11 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Region 1: Fairmount/CT

In Region 6 , after watching some of the Region 6 tourney, I would say in this order, and Region will be pretty weak, IMO.........Velva, Rugby, Sawyer Top tier, Berthold, Our Redeemers, Bishop Ryan second tier.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby lions700 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:45 pm

Don't sleep on Bishop Ryan again. Coach Stewart gets them to work hard all offseason long by lifting weights, shooting around, attending camps, etc. And she coaches them well once the season starts. They will return Schmidt, and a freshman and sophomore 6th and 7th man from this year. They also will have 4 six foot girls next year, one being Hannah Stewart's younger sister, presently a 7th grader. If not next year, Ryan will be competing for states titles in 2-3 years again.
lions700
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BigCat » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:02 pm

lions700 wrote:Don't sleep on Bishop Ryan again. Coach Stewart gets them to work hard all offseason long by lifting weights, shooting around, attending camps, etc. And she coaches them well once the season starts. They will return Schmidt, and a freshman and sophomore 6th and 7th man from this year. They also will have 4 six foot girls next year, one being Hannah Stewart's younger sister, presently a 7th grader. If not next year, Ryan will be competing for states titles in 2-3 years again.

I am chuckling as I write this as I can't wait to see the paybacks on the perceived 80, 90, 100 point run-ups. I am going to guess that teams next year will be leaving their starters in until 1:00 left as well!
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:00 am

BigCat wrote:
lions700 wrote:Don't sleep on Bishop Ryan again. Coach Stewart gets them to work hard all offseason long by lifting weights, shooting around, attending camps, etc. And she coaches them well once the season starts. They will return Schmidt, and a freshman and sophomore 6th and 7th man from this year. They also will have 4 six foot girls next year, one being Hannah Stewart's younger sister, presently a 7th grader. If not next year, Ryan will be competing for states titles in 2-3 years again.

I am chuckling as I write this as I can't wait to see the paybacks on the perceived 80, 90, 100 point run-ups. I am going to guess that teams next year will be leaving their starters in until 1:00 left as well!

I really don't see too many teams that will be athletic enough to run up the score on very many teams. I am more chuckling at how many people think everyone is going to crush Ryan next year, and will then complain that privates have a huge advantage if they comeback competitive.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BigCat » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:05 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
BigCat wrote:

I really don't see too many teams that will be athletic enough to run up the score on very many teams. I am more chuckling at how many people think everyone is going to crush Ryan next year, and will then complain that privates have a huge advantage if they comeback competitive.

I don't think there will be that many complaints as everyone truly in class "B" (class B public schools) already views the privates/parochials as the outsiders who should have their own league or be classified as class "A". Its not the fact that they are considered power houses, its their attitude that "B" is their sandbox and they can do whatever they want or need to do to be competitive of dominate. Would Ryan have dominated in class "A"? No, but they would have been competitive in a leagure where they belong given their advantages.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby easterner » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:56 am

Bigcat is spot ON!!
easterner
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Girls