Top Matchups

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Top Matchups

Postby triplebbb » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:27 pm

thanks for the info. been wondering about Carrington. knew they were ranked high. didn't know about the schedule up to now.
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:46 pm

triplebbb wrote:thanks for the info. been wondering about Carrington. knew they were ranked high. didn't know about the schedule up to now.

The North Star v PFL and Carrington v LE will give an idea where both of these teams are. Hopefully everyone is full strength
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:35 pm

North Star turned it over way too many times against Park River tonight, plus they allowed PR a ton of offensive rebounds. NS led almost the whole game until the last couple of minutes. Kvilvang has started doing some outside shooting. She hit a couple of 3-pointers tonight -- she has a very nice touch. It's probably not where you would normally want her playing, but when you get double-triple teamed all the time down low, it offers a different look.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby BigCat » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:37 am

Thursday should be crazy with these evenly matched contests. Regardless of the outcomes, noone could hardly call any of the reults upsets?

Feb. 5th: Maple Valley @ Kindred
Feb. 5th: Park River-FL @ Thompson
Feb. 5th: Rugby @ North Star
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:43 am

BigCat wrote:Thursday should be crazy with these evenly matched contests. Regardless of the outcomes, noone could hardly call any of the reults upsets?

I agree that these are big games. MV beating Kindred would be an upset tho.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Statguy7 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:32 am

Kind Mv being streamed tomorrow?
Statguy7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:25 am

Statguy7 wrote:Kind Mv being streamed tomorrow?

I'm sure it might land itself on the radio...but I don't think its being streamed online anywhere.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby rains32 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:16 pm

BigCat wrote:Thursday should be crazy with these evenly matched contests. Regardless of the outcomes, noone could hardly call any of the reults upsets?

Any scores from some of these games tonight?
rains32
NDPreps Starter

Postby imjustafan » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:22 pm

rains32 wrote:

Any scores from some of these games tonight?

Kindred 61 Maple Valley 45
imjustafan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vikingman » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:31 pm

Rugby 59 NS 47
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:35 am

It looks like MV held on for a while before running out of steam. The key to a trip to state will be more balanced scoring. Kindred has a lot of depth, but teams don't get as tired when more players are scoring.

North Star had 2 girls scoring 20 points, and still lost to Rugby. Where did Rugby come from?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby justplayalready » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:27 am

scoobyx2 wrote:It looks like MV held on for a while before running out of steam. The key to a trip to state will be more balanced scoring. Kindred has a lot of depth, but teams don't get as tired when more players are scoring.

North Star had 2 girls scoring 20 points, and still lost to Rugby. Where did Rugby come from?

Rugby is a 3 loss team. Lost opener against Langdon w/o top player & lost early in CNDC against Harvey. Came back and beat Harvey a week later. Recently lost to Minot Ryan...

Very good team, unfortunately in same region as Minot.
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby BigCat » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:15 am

justplayalready wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:It looks like MV held on for a while before running out of steam. The key to a trip to state will be more balanced scoring. Kindred has a lot of depth, but teams don't get as tired when more players are scoring.

Rugby is a 3 loss team. Lost opener against Langdon w/o top player & lost early in CNDC against Harvey. Came back and beat Harvey a week later. Recently lost to Minot Ryan...

Very good team, unfortunately in same region as Minot.

I would rather be in the same region as Minot then in a weak region and take 7th at state. Rugby should relish the challenge. If they are as good as you say, theyll have to play Rayn at some point anyway. Its really no different than region 1 volleyball of the last few years...minus last year.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:27 am

scoobyx2 wrote:North Star had 2 girls scoring 20 points, and still lost to Rugby.

That happens when you shoot 16% from the floor. (12 / 75)
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sleepy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:53 pm

BigCat wrote:
Statguy7 wrote:
BigCat wrote:
east sider wrote:Okay I didn't want to make a new thread on a negative topic, but I have to ask is attendance really that bad at Girl's BB games recently? I just watched Maple Valley vs. Sargent Central and it looked about as exciting as a Jr. High jamboree. Not surprising if two bad teams or one bad/one good team. But two good teams (and one stud on the court to boot) should fill the place.

You are correct in that they are two good teams with a fun player to watch, but I've seen bigger games with good players drawing weak as well. Rylee is a good player, but after watching her in Richland and how others were not allowed to defend her, I wouldnt make a special run either.

Could you elaborate on how others aren't allowed to defend her just curious

Sure, I'll do that. Ryle Nudell is a great scorer. I've been watching her since 6th or 7th grade. She does nothing wrong on the floor and plays at a level that the stripes allow. With that said, against Richland, she was allowed to clear herself by dipping her shoulder and pushing back the defenders all night long. She also was allowed the close and touch fouls. The Richland kids would stand straightup,hands up and were called pretty much every time. I would say that part of her talent is that she knows how to take advantage of these things and play at the level the stipes allow. I just like to watch it called consistently despite who the player is. I hope this ansers your request for elaboration as it is a compliment towards a good player and her abilities.
. I completely agree with this analysis. She pushes girls all over the place and gets by with it. But then gets every call when she has the ball. But the whole MV team is playing football out there.
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Girls