2014-15 Polls

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2014-15 Polls

Postby sportsphenom » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:12 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
BigCat wrote:radball, I am finding it increasingly difficult to respond to your, what I would have to call, bizarre posts related to the Thompson/Kindred matchup and view of basketball in general. You are all over the place with blame towards others for your teams loss and family members output. And to your comment about the Kindred coach yelling at his kids to "run it up", find me another person to substantiate that claim, please. Like all games with young kids (8th and 9th graders) coming in late 4th qtr, they are always excited, looking to get in the books, and making the most of the minute or two they are getting. I would guess that was the case at your last contest and you saw it otherwise. I also hope that your player never sees what you are posting about her teammates, both current and previous, as I am almost certain she would be embarrassed.

Kindred would never "run it up" on a team. Their coach can be very intense but that is what works for Kindred. By the way, under the scenario of the late game layup...I saw nothing wrong with it...two points there isn't running it up...different story if they were throwing a trapping press on up 20 that late in game. Kindred plays the entire 32 minutes with their rotation of players...they work extremely hard throughout those 32 minutes.

We are dealing with a person here who cannot take a loss without blaming someone else...heck I'm sure the blame-game occurs even when Thompson wins. These posts are an embarrassment to the Thompson team & community...and radball don't, for one second, think that there aren't people from Thompson on here that are upset over your comments. I'm just hoping the girls never come on here and see your comments...you are just asking for the team to lose its chemistry and not make it where they should.

You are spot on Run. If I were from Thompson I would be ashamed and embarassed to have Radball saying all these things, please stop Radball.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BigCat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:31 pm

BigCat wrote:Radball
Do yourself and everyone else a favor and start a top-5 or top-10 list of the best 3 sport athletes in the state. I think you will find the result you are looking for. She will most likely make this list by most. You have to get over the fact that she is not dominant in 1 sport. She does very well in 3 sports.

radball, I threw this out to you some time ago for a reason. I knew you were eventually going to catch the ire of the folks on here who are looking for thought provoking and opinionated back and forth without the blame and excuse making. I would really like you to take my challenge and put a list together (by athlete and sport) of the "top-5" or "top-10" current 3-sport athletes in class B. I believe you will get some good back and forth and appreciate where your player lies. You may even get some argument about what is and isnt a real sport. :lol: It will also get you away from basketball for awhile.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:00 pm

STATE POLL #7
January 19th, 2015

1. Bishop Ryan (13) 13-1 130
2. Kindred 12-0 114
3. Carrington 10-0 91
4. Lakota/Edmore 9-2 75
5. Thompson 9-2 71
6. Parshall 11-1 63
7. Dickinson Trinity 11-2 57
8. Fairmount/CT 12-1 39
9. Watford City 10-1 34
10. Shiloh Christian 10-2 20
Others Receiving Votes: Maple Valley (12-1), Park River-FL (10-2), Kidder County (11-2), North Star (9-3).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Statguy7 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:33 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
BigCat wrote:d_fense, seeing how you are translating for gotgame43, maybe you could clarify this for me.

Drawing such a conclusion from what gotgame43 said makes me think your not... whatever.

Also, I wouldn't short change Kasowski and their returning guard, Tinjum I believe. One great will win against poor to marginal teams. One great and two goods as I currently see MV will compete for the region 1 title.

Its not Tinjum...she graduated last year. Unsure of who's been hurt for MV...but they haven't had any game issues lately.

Run I believe it was Punton who was hurt spelling may be incorrect I did not see her play at the Barnes County tournament was on the bench but didn't dress
Statguy7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:36 am

Statguy7 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
BigCat wrote:d_fense, seeing how you are translating for gotgame43, maybe you could clarify this for me.

Drawing such a conclusion from what gotgame43 said makes me think your not... whatever.

Also, I wouldn't short change Kasowski and their returning guard, Tinjum I believe. One great will win against poor to marginal teams. One great and two goods as I currently see MV will compete for the region 1 title.

Its not Tinjum...she graduated last year. Unsure of who's been hurt for MV...but they haven't had any game issues lately.

Run I believe it was Punton who was hurt spelling may be incorrect I did not see her play at the Barnes County tournament was on the bench but didn't dress

ah ok...makes sense.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Statguy7 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:38 am

radball wrote:
balla45 wrote:I despise that I am doing this, but whatever. It is what it is.

Fallyn Freije as a freshman is better than Shaice Marx is right now.

Your disrespect for her abilities is appalling. She has scored over 2000 points and gathered more than 1000 rebounds in her career. She had more than a handful of Division 1 offers.

I would be absolutely shocked if Marx got a D1 offer for basketball at any school in the country, yet you continue to bash a player of the caliber of Fallyn Freije who will accomplish the rare feat of being a 4 time first team all state player.

Please stop.

Hum?? what happened when Thompson played FE? and I believe SM guarded FF(in both games,this yr and last yr), --where did i bash FF? all i said put a half way decent defense on her and what do you get? State proved that last yr in front of everyone. I get a kick out of people bragging about the 1k-2k point marks, remember this is girls bball, the quality of teams have polarized, either your really good or really bad, and if you happen to be a good player on a bad team, of course your going to score alot, duhh. But what happens when you come across a balanced team? I'll take a good/great player that sacrifices some stats to help make the TEAM better any day over a one man/girl team any day. Yes, FF is a good bball shooter, but lacks speed and at the next level, if you don't have speed(at the guard forward position, which she has been playing) you don't stand a chance. Hate to say that, but its true.I hope she gets a scholarship for school and gets a education, i hope that for all bball players.

Ok Radball so FF going over 2,000 points and 1,000 rebounds is no big deal? How about RN if she stays healthy she has a great chance to break the state scoring record and rebounding record(If she hasn't done that already) maybe run would know. Is that not a big deal?
Statguy7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Statguy7 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:43 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Statguy7 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

ah ok...makes sense.

Any Idea what Nudell is at for points and rebounds?
Statguy7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:03 am

Statguy7 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Statguy7 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

ah ok...makes sense.

Any Idea what Nudell is at for points and rebounds?

Over 2000 points (she reached that milestone in 2nd game of season vs. Oak Grove) and I'm sure she is probably over 1000 rebounds (never been officially reported).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby radball » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:12 am

Statguy7 wrote:
radball wrote:
balla45 wrote:I despise that I am doing this, but whatever. It is what it is.

Fallyn Freije as a freshman is better than Shaice Marx is right now.

Your disrespect for her abilities is appalling. She has scored over 2000 points and gathered more than 1000 rebounds in her career. She had more than a handful of Division 1 offers.

I would be absolutely shocked if Marx got a D1 offer for basketball at any school in the country, yet you continue to bash a player of the caliber of Fallyn Freije who will accomplish the rare feat of being a 4 time first team all state player.

Please stop.

Just saying, Thompson has beat FE 2 times and both times SM guarded FF heads up most of the games(over 90% of the time), , on a side note, i take it the people who decide the polls are the same people that decide the polls of NCAA football, i guess beating a team doesn't count for much,how is FE ahead of TT? i understand TT lost this weekend, and i expected them to fall, but to put a team ahead of another when they lost to them, heads up. Don't make sense. I like to hear their rational for this poll.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby DiggerDan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:36 am

radball wrote: on a side note, i take it the people who decide the polls are the same people that decide the polls of NCAA football, i guess beating a team doesn't count for much,how is FE ahead of TT? i understand TT lost this weekend, and i expected them to fall, but to put a team ahead of another when they lost to them, heads up. Don't make sense. I like to hear their rational for this poll.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This from the guy that put Thompson ahead of Beach and Kidder County in his final poll last year even though the Tommies had just lost to both in the State Tournament. And then also had Shiloh ahead of Ryan.

So does head to head matter, or does it not?
DiggerDan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby radball » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:55 pm

so you like to hold on to past things? Shiloh clearly was the better team that day, just the refs(which i hate saying refs decide a game) clearly had a previous mind set on that game, the last 5 minutes clearly showed this(5 times in a row, ryan players took over 3 steps while NOT dribbling the ball, humm, isn't that travel? And i recall Hannah clearly fouled 2 players in that same time frame but nothing was call because( in the words of Ryan's coach,,"refs shouldn't take out the best players in the game" which was said on the radio when asked about the refs after the game). Thompson didn't play team ball at state(except one game) and yes maybe i had them a little high at the end, but polls reflect the season as a whole(or am i wrong)
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:42 pm

radball wrote:so you like to hold on to past things? Shiloh clearly was the better team that day, just the refs(which i hate saying refs decide a game) clearly had a previous mind set on that game, the last 5 minutes clearly showed this(5 times in a row, ryan players took over 3 steps while NOT dribbling the ball, humm, isn't that travel? And i recall Hannah clearly fouled 2 players in that same time frame but nothing was call because( in the words of Ryan's coach,,"refs shouldn't take out the best players in the game" which was said on the radio when asked about the refs after the game). Thompson didn't play team ball at state(except one game) and yes maybe i had them a little high at the end, but polls reflect the season as a whole(or am i wrong)

You are correct, polls reflect the season as a whole. Thompson got smacked by Kindred, LE beat a good PRFL team. Hence, LE ranked higher at this point. As for Ryan-Shiloh, 5 times a Ryan player took 4 steps? Can you count? I'd presume the ref's were on the take and wanted Ryan to win huh? Nothing to do with Ryan being a dominant team as displayed by the subsequent 60 some straight wins? One more question, are you still a DI scout or did go away now?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:45 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
radball wrote:so you like to hold on to past things? Shiloh clearly was the better team that day, just the refs(which i hate saying refs decide a game) clearly had a previous mind set on that game, the last 5 minutes clearly showed this(5 times in a row, ryan players took over 3 steps while NOT dribbling the ball, humm, isn't that travel? And i recall Hannah clearly fouled 2 players in that same time frame but nothing was call because( in the words of Ryan's coach,,"refs shouldn't take out the best players in the game" which was said on the radio when asked about the refs after the game). Thompson didn't play team ball at state(except one game) and yes maybe i had them a little high at the end, but polls reflect the season as a whole(or am i wrong)

You are correct, polls reflect the season as a whole. Thompson got smacked by Kindred, LE beat a good PRFL team. Hence, LE ranked higher at this point. As for Ryan-Shiloh, 5 times a Ryan player took 4 steps? Can you count? I'd presume the ref's were on the take and wanted Ryan to win huh? Nothing to do with Ryan being a dominant team as displayed by the subsequent 60 some straight wins? One more question, are you still a DI scout or did go away now?

Why is it always something with you radball?? Can't you let anything go??

Lakota/Edmore deserves to be ahead of Thompson right now...playing good ball against good teams...Thompson did not play well against their best competition in a month.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Hinsa » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:04 pm

Yes, polls at the end of the year should reflect the team's performance as a whole.

Question: why is it whenever Thompson wins they are playing team ball and whenever they lose someone is playing individual ball? Can a team play team ball and still lose? Can a team play selfish ball and still win?

Sometimes superior talent can exert its will and take over a game all by itself, making it appear like selfish play when it is actually the best thing for the team.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby go maji » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Radball, don't you know that polls mean nothing at this point in the season?

Leave it on the court in March.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Radball, do you think Shaice Marx is a superior individual player when compared to Fallyn Freije? If you do, what does she do on the court in a superior fashion than what Freije does on the court?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:50 pm

Can anyone tell me who Maple Valley lost to this season?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:54 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:Can anyone tell me who Maple Valley lost to this season?

oh oh I can, I can!! :)

Maple Valley lost to Sargent Central in the Barnes County Tourney Championship game (45-43). They have a rematch with Sargent Central on January 27th in Forman.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BigCat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:24 pm

The MV/Sargent Ctrl rematch will be interesting, but I think the best game in awhile will be the upcoming MV/Kindred matchup. Neither will go down easy. I expect Kindred to try hard at denying Riley the ball and making Kasowski and Punton beat them. Easier said than done. Kindred does have a lot of horses in the stable though with Erickson and Piatz as anchors. Should be a good, up tempo matchup.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:27 pm

BigCat wrote:The MV/Sargent Ctrl rematch will be interesting, but I think the best game in awhile will be the upcoming MV/Kindred matchup. Neither will go down easy. I expect Kindred to try hard at denying Riley the ball and making Kasowski and Punton beat them. Easier said than done. Kindred does have a lot of horses in the stable though with Erickson and Piatz as anchors. Should be a good, up tempo matchup.

February 5th @ Kindred
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BigCat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:45 am

Did I hear right? Thompson needed a half-court buzzer beater to top Grafton on their home floor? Heard their big went off for 20. I sincerely hope it wasn't selfish play by their big. Didn't hear much about anyone else's performance including any potential first teamers.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:05 am

BigCat wrote:Did I hear right? Thompson needed a half-court buzzer beater to top Grafton on their home floor? Heard their big went off for 20. I sincerely hope it wasn't selfish play by their big. Didn't hear much about anyone else's performance including any potential first teamers.

All time classic post! :)
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:42 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
BigCat wrote:The MV/Sargent Ctrl rematch will be interesting, but I think the best game in awhile will be the upcoming MV/Kindred matchup. Neither will go down easy. I expect Kindred to try hard at denying Riley the ball and making Kasowski and Punton beat them. Easier said than done. Kindred does have a lot of horses in the stable though with Erickson and Piatz as anchors. Should be a good, up tempo matchup.

February 5th @ Kindred

I agree that the MV/Kindred is a big Region 1 matchup. At this point in the season, I think MV would like to see Kindred put extra girls on Nudell, and have the other players step. Win or lose, if Kasowski, Punton, and the rest of the players continue to get that kind of experience, they will be tough in Region play.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsphenom » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:26 am

BigCat wrote:Did I hear right? Thompson needed a half-court buzzer beater to top Grafton on their home floor? Heard their big went off for 20. I sincerely hope it wasn't selfish play by their big. Didn't hear much about anyone else's performance including any potential first teamers.

Obviously it was the refs fault that it was even this close :lol: Or Thompson wasn't playing team ball 8)
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Sorry folks, but no one went off for 20. Overby was game high scorer with 14. Loyland 10, Hegg 10, Marx 8. Jillian Hanson had a dozen for Grafton.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Girls