2014-15 Top Players

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2014-15 Top Players

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:26 pm

Boys is rolling...let's get the girls rolling
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2014-15 Top Players

Postby vikingman » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:21 pm

Sarah Hagler -- returning from an all-state selection last year. If Macey Kvilvang has improved as much in BB as she did in VB this past year, she will also be a major force.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:23 pm

Isabel Wedell, Ellendale
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDBaller32 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:40 pm

Jaye Two Bears - Shiloh Christian H.S.

The Best Junior in the state this year.. She's being recruited by Minnesota, Texas, Texas Tech, Gonzaga, Temple, Creighton, Milwaukee, NDSU, UND, SDSU, Eastern Washington, Weber State plus many more... She's the real Deal in North Dakota .. See for yourself here's a link of her highlight mix tape of her sophomore year.

http://youtu.be/0ezG0dV_o0Q
NDBaller32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:36 pm

Jaye is a stud.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sniper » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:15 pm

Watches Two Bears play a couple times last year and was impressed. Will be interesting to see how much she has progressed over the off-season. not cool that she plays in a weak region though.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:22 pm

She tore her ACL in the off season.

Was having an amazing summer prior to the injury.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:38 am

I think Rylee Nudell is possibly the top junior in Class B. She is a workhorse that has been solid throughout her career.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:20 am

Pretty good class.

Those 2, Askvig, Erickson, and Jacobson all having great careers.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby radball » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:49 am

I would lean towards JT Bears, sad if that's true about ACL. She was a very good defensive player and all around player, there are 3 others that I would put up here too. But now days its so hard to get a true gage of a good player in girls basketball. The lack of overall team defense, makes a average player look good. Just look at the scores of the games. 70-30, that tells you everything.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:40 pm

It is factually true about the ACL.

I think it is very easy to judge talent, no matter who you are playing against.

As you apparently recruit for a D1 institution, I would hope you can notice the difference between average and good.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:20 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one, Balla45!
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby radball » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:11 am

Balla45, how can you judge talent when the other team can't even dribble the ball up the court or get it across half court? and Yes it happens a lot more than you think, we just don't here about it. In Minn, we watch 2 games lasts yr that 2 good players and there team didn't even have to play defense and the other team never got past the three point line before they lost the dribble. And the starters got pulled at half time. Please enlighten me how you judge good talent then? Girls basketball is such a difference in level of talent. P.S a true great player is not one with the stats, its one that makes everyone else around them better, aka, a leader. on both ends of the court. you can have all the points in the world but if you team loses, it don't matter.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

I judge talent based on how talented a player is.

If you score all of the points and your team loses, you may still be an excellent player. Fallyn Freije's game against BRHS demonstrates that excellently.

I don't believe in making other players better. That is not a real thing on the court. You could put Maya Moore on a team with 7 terrible players and that team world do very well playing in our state, but the team would still be Maya Moore and 7 terrible players.

Why would you choose to attend a game you know would not be competitive when watching a recruit? I would like specific player and team names.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:34 pm

balla45 wrote:I judge talent based on how talented a player is.

If you score all of the points and your team loses, you may still be an excellent player. Fallyn Freije's game against BRHS demonstrates that excellently.

I don't believe in making other players better. That is not a real thing on the court. You could put Maya Moore on a team with 7 terrible players and that team world do very well playing in our state, but the team would still be Maya Moore and 7 terrible players.

Why would you choose to attend a game you know would not be competitive when watching a recruit? I would like specific player and team names.

Great example! I agree that a great player doesn't make other players better, but people do judge talent on those who win big games. You have often pointed out how talented a player is by stating that they face top national teams, and doing well against them. If there weren't programs that compete in AAU tournaments, would players like Stewart and Freije get recognized with the competition they are facing in state? Even track and cross country runners are traveling nationally to face competition to get recognized. Wouldn't their times be enough? Would love your opinion on this.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby east sider » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:46 pm

I agree with radball and STRONGLY disagree with both of you stating there is no such thing as making other players better. To radball's point I've seen some above average players look pretty amazing against inferior competition.

As far as making other players better just look at the best in the game: KD, Lebron, CP, Duncan all make their teammates better, and countless more over the years. I would imagine the best coaches in the world would agree with me as well. Very surprised and disappointed by these comments.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:18 pm

How do you make a player better?

You don't. You can put a player in a position to score, but that player is not better because you are playing with them. I disagree with you 100%.

You can take pressure off of other players, or put them in situations where they may not draw a double, but player A does not make player B better.

Michael Jordan did not make Scottie Pippen better, or vice versa. They were both very, very good players who would be good anywhere. Michael Jordan did not make Steve Kerr a better player. Playing with Michael Jordan may have allowed Steve Kerr to get more open looks, but Steve Kerr put those shots in, it was not Michael Jordan making him good enough to do so.

If Radball scouts at a D1, Radball should have no difficulty differentiating between above average, good, and great.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby radball » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:28 pm

balla45, so you don't believe in a person being a leader and making everyone else around them better? wow. How many championship did kobe and Jordon win when they scored 35+ every game? NONE, when they got everyone else involved(not just in a game, practice too, that's what leaders do) they won championships, plain and simple. Michigan state, is a very good example of team play and leadership, no stars, just role players and leaders. leadership as "organizing a group of people to achieve a common goal". ,, What happens when a "star" player has actual defense played on him or her, and during practice and games, she didn't care about helping others get involved? The team will lose every time. Example what happened to Freije(she is a good player, but I wouldn't say she is great, based on what I saw at state) when they played Thompson, she got held to hardly any points and the rest couldn't help, because they didn't know what to do. When you can't score, you have to get other aspects of your game going( rebounds, defense, passing or flat out hustle plays.),,Scoobyx2, I agree, sadly the only compittion on a regular bases is summer leagues and traveling teams. or at least in girls bball. And then that turns into a one women show a lot of times. Any way. just sad to see Two bears go down, she had leadership and talent.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:40 pm

It's comical that you would not consider Freije a top tier ND player when she had 6 Division 1 offers and is going to be a 4 time first teamer.

If your argument against Freije is that if she got triple teamed, her teammates could not score, that is a terrible argument and speaks only to the caliber of the people she is playing with.

Two Bears is recovering well and currently has high major D1 offers as well.

Kobe and Michael won many titles scoring around 30 a game.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:55 pm

On making players better, with my Maya Moore example.

Maya moves to ND and plays with 7 awful players for the season. They win state.

Maya moves away, and that team wins 3 games.

Did Maya make those players better, or was Maya good enough to win on her own?

In my line of kids I coach, I have players who can make others look better than they truly are because of their ability to deliver the ball, but the others are not actually better.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby radball » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:13 pm

balla45 abviously don't get what "leader/leadership" means in bball players. Again how good did Freije play when she had to play against a good defense in Thompson? just wondering.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:22 pm

No idea. I did not watch the game.

Who in North Dakota playing now is better than she? I think the only players in Class B who can be put in conversation with her are Hannah Stewart, Gabbie Bohl, Rylee Nudell, and Jaye Two Bears. There is a significant drop off after that, and pretending there is not is foolish.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:45 pm

I also think it is funny that you question my ability to judge talent.

I think the only player I did not make an attempt to recruit that I missed on since I started that ended up being a D1 caliber player is Lexi Klabo.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby east sider » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:26 pm

balla45 wrote:On making players better, with my Maya Moore example.

Maya moves to ND and plays with 7 awful players for the season. They win state.

Maya moves away, and that team wins 3 games.

Did Maya make those players better, or was Maya good enough to win on her own?

In my line of kids I coach, I have players who can make others look better than they truly are because of their ability to deliver the ball, but the others are not actually better.

This is part of what I'm talking about. If Player A shoots better, rebounds better, plays better defense, etc. with Player B on the court than when Player B is off the court, then simply put Player B makes Player A better. It's this special gift that is so sought after in PGs usually (QBs in football). Go ask Amare' how he's doing without Steve Nash for example. And I think it often works both ways, like Stockton and Malone both making each other great. Then you throw in things like leadership, work ethic, and hustle and I 100% disagree with you.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:46 pm

You are making my point.

If Player B needs Player A on his or her team to be effective, then Player B did not become better. We are simply arguing the way in which we interpret "makes the other player better."

I have no idea where the hustle, work ethic, and leadership comment came from.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Girls