Best Player in Girls Class B

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Bighammer » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:16 am

Its a joke that there was co players in region 5 Norton is by far the better player.
Bighammer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Bearsfan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:18 am

rkmt wrote:
Baller wrote:Could someone post the eight region players of the year??  Thanks

[font=Times New Roman]Region 1  Amanda Dimmer – Maple Valley[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 2  Kirstie Gillett - DP[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 3  Kristen Cuypers - LMM[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 4 Stacy Nygaard - A-E[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 5  (Co)  Teryl Norton - New Salem, Natasha Smith - Wilton[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 6[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 7  Kayla Schmidt - Beulah[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 8[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]This is what I know - someone fill 'em in.[/font]

Bearsfan

Postby SportsFanatic31 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:27 am

Bearsfan wrote:
rkmt wrote:
Baller wrote:Could someone post the eight region players of the year??  Thanks

[font=Times New Roman]Region 1  Amanda Dimmer – Maple Valley[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 2  Kirstie Gillett - DP[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 3  Kristen Cuypers - LMM[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 4 Stacy Nygaard - A-E[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 5  (Co)  Teryl Norton - New Salem, Natasha Smith - Wilton[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 6 Ally Bender- M-L-S[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 7  Kayla Schmidt - Beulah[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 8[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]This is what I know - someone fill 'em in.[/font]

I believe that Bender got it in Region 6.  Correct me if I'm wrong. 
SportsFanatic31
NDPreps Rookie

Postby vballfan06 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:40 pm

and Abby Bratlien in region 8.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby gator-nation » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:00 pm

how about brittany anderson from bowman...her and nasset are tough together along with tivis
gator-nation

Postby Bearsfan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:39 am

rep wrote:i normally only get to really see region 3 players for the most part, so i'll toss out the names of whitney eckroth from steele and kristen cuypers from lmm

eckroth isn't quite as offensively well-rounded as cuypers in my opinion, but i think her defense and toughness are what put her ahead of most players. she doesn't have top-notch stats, but she is a tough player and always seems to be in the mix while scoring 15 ppg and 8-10 rpg. i think her overall athleticism, especially considering she has had major knee surgery on both knees, is extremely underrated.

simply stated, cuypers does it all. i talked with the lmm coach and he said that her defense has really come along after going with steve wisnewski's (probably slaughtering the spelling there) team to hawaii. i think that lmm's late season run in the district tournament should help them out this season quite a bit.

neither player has been able to play in front of a state audience so far, and that is pretty much a shame. when steele made it to state two years ago eckroth had injured her knee and didn't get to play - scary to think what that team could have done with her playing...i think they took fifth place at the tourney played in jamestown...had they gotten into the night bracket i'm pretty sure that all of steele-dawson-wing-tuttle-pettibone-robinson...maybe even some of the sterling rowdies would have made the trip.

as far as some other girls from the rest of the state...the dakota prairie cousins, bindas from kindred, bratlien from tioga, can't think of the girls' name from new salem off hand but she is solid, neubauer from bottineau, there was a freshman from killdeer that was really good a couple of years ago but i can't remember her name.

Good choices!  I would like to add another name.... Kayla Schmidt.  She has been in a bad situation that 80% of the class B teams have never seen her before because of being in Class A for 3 years.  I will not sit here and down grade either of those other choices just to say Kayla is better.  Class B has alot more athletes than class A has out and choosing one would be very difficult because not everyone get to see these young ladies play.  I, along with you, had wished that everyone could have seen all of these ladies play.  Kayla will have a successful career at Northern State as will the names that you mentioned if they continue on.  
Bearsfan

Previous

Return to Girls