Best Player in Girls Class B

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sportsperson » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:07 pm

Doesn't seem like many people on this site care about girls basketball, but anyways, who does everybody think is the best player in Girls Class B basketball?
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:08 pm

if Whitney Eckroth stays healthy she has the makings to be the most dominant player in Region 3 this year.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsperson » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:10 pm

What school does Whitney Eckroth go to?
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:17 pm

i normally only get to really see region 3 players for the most part, so i'll toss out the names of whitney eckroth from steele and kristen cuypers from lmm

eckroth isn't quite as offensively well-rounded as cuypers in my opinion, but i think her defense and toughness are what put her ahead of most players. she doesn't have top-notch stats, but she is a tough player and always seems to be in the mix while scoring 15 ppg and 8-10 rpg. i think her overall athleticism, especially considering she has had major knee surgery on both knees, is extremely underrated.

simply stated, cuypers does it all. i talked with the lmm coach and he said that her defense has really come along after going with steve wisnewski's (probably slaughtering the spelling there) team to hawaii. i think that lmm's late season run in the district tournament should help them out this season quite a bit.

neither player has been able to play in front of a state audience so far, and that is pretty much a shame. when steele made it to state two years ago eckroth had injured her knee and didn't get to play - scary to think what that team could have done with her playing...i think they took fifth place at the tourney played in jamestown...had they gotten into the night bracket i'm pretty sure that all of steele-dawson-wing-tuttle-pettibone-robinson...maybe even some of the sterling rowdies would have made the trip.

as far as some other girls from the rest of the state...the dakota prairie cousins, bindas from kindred, bratlien from tioga, can't think of the girls' name from new salem off hand but she is solid, neubauer from bottineau, there was a freshman from killdeer that was really good a couple of years ago but i can't remember her name.
rep

Postby baseball » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:42 pm

neubaurer from botno graduated....i think you mean reomich
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby player22 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:51 pm

abby bralein from tioga is very good.

there is a girl from steele i think her name is paige and from what ive heard and saw she is a good ball player also. i don't know to much about her though.
player22

Postby baseball » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:57 pm

paige fredrickson is from steele, really athletic and good defensive player.  not a huge threat on the offensive end but she is a great athlete and only a Jr. this year.  Steele is going to want to get out and run this season, they will have 3 sprinters from the track team in the starting lineup this year.  Lindsey Sand is going to be a player to watch, only a sophomore but her sister Mallory was a great player for 5 years in steele and her dad is the coach and very smart about bball so he will teach her well.  Not the biggest girl that will be on the court but probably one of the most fundamentally sound, wont make many mistakes.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsperson » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:29 pm

I believe you are thinking of Teryl Norton from New Salem.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:35 pm

sportsperson wrote:I believe you are thinking of Teryl Norton from New Salem.

Who are you talking to and who do you feel they are thinking of Teryl Norton.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:39 pm

baseball wrote:neubaurer from botno graduated....i think you mean reomich

yup...you is correct
rep

Postby sportsperson » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:08 pm

Rep had a post in which he referred to some girl from New Salem.  I was just clarifying that he was probably thinking of Norton.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:10 pm

sportsperson wrote:Rep had a post in which he referred to some girl from New Salem.  I was just clarifying that he was probably thinking of Norton.

yup yup
rep

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:45 pm

Norton is one of the best player in class B hands down. Shes been near the top since she was a sophomore and I see no reason why she isnt right now.
Last edited by NATURAL TALENT on Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby TKR53 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:13 pm

I would have to say Abby Reiter.  She is a great player and knows how to control the game.  This will be her 5th year starting and she has had playing time since 7th grade.  I would say that she has natural talent.
Last edited by TKR53 on Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TKR53
NDPreps Rookie

Postby fish » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:53 pm

Teryl Norton is a good ball player .  Last year Mott/Regent shut her down at the civic center and her team didn't know what to do without her!!! I think Heather Mosbrucker and Lacey Jacobs from Mott/Regent have some of the top talent in ND.  They have both started varsity the past 2 years and made all district and all region teams.  They have lots of skills and are going to hopefully lead the Wildfire to their 3rd District 13 Championship in a row!!!
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:17 pm

Valerie Scherr from Hazelton has started varsity since 7th grade...good shooter.  i think she is going to school in Linton this year though.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:02 pm

You have to throw abby nasset from bowman into that top player in the state list. She is absolutely amazing
project-pat

Postby radar » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:49 pm

project-pat wrote:You have to throw abby nasset from bowman into that top player in the state list. She is absolutely amazing

maple valleys kriston killoren a jr
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby AandBfan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:18 pm

radar wrote:
project-pat wrote:You have to throw abby nasset from bowman into that top player in the state list. She is absolutely amazing

Killoren should definately be in the conservation, she's impressive
AandBfan

Postby rep » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:09 pm

AandBfan wrote:
radar wrote:

Killoren should definately be in the conservation, she's impressive

i'm really looking forward to the barnes county tournament...i'm guessing that it'll be killoran and maple valley versus cuypers and lmm in the championship...should be a good one
rep

Postby fish » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:11 pm

Region 7 has a good number of talented athletes.

Mott/Regent- Heather Mosbrucker and Lacey Jacobs

Bowman- Abby Nasset and Lindsey Tivis

Killdeer- Tana Trotter

Dickinson Trinity- Noel Steiner, Jodi Frank, and Noel Lynch

Beulah- Kayla Schmidt

Hazen- Allison Christianson

Scranton-  Mallorie and Chelsea Pierce

Hettinger- Sally Markegard and Cloe Kilwen

AND MANY MORE BUT,THIS REGION IS ONE OF THE TOUGHEST REGIONS IN THE STATE BECAUSE, IT CONTAINS SO MANY TALENTED ATHLETES!!

Last edited by fish on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thesports_guy32 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:55 am

Region 2 has some talented players too.

Hatton-Northwood - Abby Reiter and Erin Ericson
Dakota Prairie - Kristie Gillett (of course) and Jenna Gillet
Midway/Minto - Kristina Schuster and Betsy Dickson
Drayton/St. Thomas - Sammy Baldwin

those are some of the top ballers from Region 2
thesports_guy32

Postby baller01 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:39 am

baseball wrote:Valerie Scherr from Hazelton has started varsity since 7th grade...good shooter.  i think she is going to school in Linton this year though.

No she still goes to school in Hazelton and is the leader and best player of a very young HMB team.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfbfan » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:32 pm

fish wrote:Region 7 has a good number of talented athletes.

Killdeer- Tana Trotter

Beulah- Kayla Schmidt

AND MANY MORE BUT,THIS REGION IS ONE OF THE TOUGHEST REGIONS IN THE STATE BECAUSE, IT CONTAINS SO MANY TALENTED ATHLETES!!

Had the privilege of watching Abby Nasset play. Girl is a player and only a junior. That team is going to be tough this year and next year. They don't even start a senior. But Nasset is the real deal
ndfbfan

Postby baller01 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:43 pm

ndfbfan wrote:
fish wrote:Region 7 has a good number of talented athletes.

Killdeer- Tana Trotter

Beulah- Kayla Schmidt

Had the privilege of watching Abby Nasset play. Girl is a player and only a junior. That team is going to be tough this year and next year. They don't even start a senior. But Nasset is the real deal
agreed, i'd think a top canidate for miss basketball next year. agree?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Girls