State Tourney Statistics

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

State Tourney Statistics

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:55 pm

FINAL STATE TOURNEY INDIVIDUAL STATS

Points - Min. 30
Hannah Stewart (Bishop Ryan) 57
Fallyn Freije (Lakota/Edmore) 57
Gabbie Bohl (Bishop Ryan) 51
Gabby Wilkinson (Shiloh Christian) 49
Shannon Galegher (Thompson) 47
Jaye Two Bears (Shiloh Christian) 38
Faith Dooley (Central Cass) 35
Sadie Rohrich (Kidder County) 35
Katie Mogen (Watford City) 35
Shaye Ronningen (Lakota/Edmore) 35
Hailee Farstveet (Beach) 34
Regan Watson (Shiloh Christian) 32
Karleigh Weber (Thompson) 30

Rebounds - Min. 20
Gabbie Bohl (Bishop Ryan) 42
Fallyn Freije (Lakota/Edmore) 40
Faith Dooley (Central Cass) 35
Hannah Stewart (Bishop Ryan) 31
Shannon Galegher (Thompson) 27
Brooklynn Zachmann (Beach) 26
Jaye Two Bears (Shiloh Christian) 25
Katie Mogen (Watford City) 23
Bailey Waldal (Beach) 21
Hailee Farstveet (Beach) 20

Assists - Min. 6
Fallyn Freije (Lakota/Edmore) 11
Abby Cramer (Central Cass) 11
Maddie Wald (Bishop Ryan) 10
Jaye Two Bears (Shiloh Christian) 9
Anika Rovig (Bishop Ryan) 9
Sadie Rohrich (Kidder County) 7
Miranda Martinson (Lakota/Edmore) 7
Jessie Roesler (Central Cass) 6
Karleigh Weber (Thompson) 6

3-Point Made - Min. 3
Fallyn Freije (Lakota/Edmore) 6
Jaye Two Bears (Shiloh Christian) 5
Regan Watson (Shiloh Christian) 5
Abby Randall (Kidder County) 5
Gabby Wilkinson (Shiloh Christian) 4
Bethany Ivesdal (Thompson) 4
Sheyenne Schmidt (Bishop Ryan) 4
Karleigh Weber (Thompson) 3

FT Made - Min. 7
Shaye Ronningen (Lakota/Edmore) 11
Krista Ulmer (Shiloh Christian) 10
Mary Haman (Lakota/Edmore) 8
Katie Mogen (Watford City) 7
Mary Nicholson (Kidder County) 7
Regan Watson (Shiloh Christian) 7
Fallyn Freije (Lakota/Edmore) 7
Jaye Two Bears (Shiloh Christian) 7
Hannah Stewart (Bishop Ryan) 7

Field Goal Percentage - Min. 38.5% & 15 Att.
Hannah Stewart (Bishop Ryan) 25-47: 53.2%
Shannon Galegher (Thompson) 21-41: 51.2%
Taylor Abraham (Beach) 8-16: 50.0%
Gabbie Bohl (Bishop Ryan) 22-46: 47.8%
Samantha Hegg (Thompson) 9-20: 45.0%
Gabby Wilkinson (Shiloh Christian) 22-50: 44.0%
Faith Dooley (Central Cass) 15-35: 42.9%
Morgan Rohrich (Kidder County) 8-20: 40.0%
Fallyn Freije (Lakota/Edmore) 22-56: 39.3%
Sadie Rohrich (Kidder County) 15-39: 38.5%
Regan Watson (Shiloh Christian) 10-26: 38.5%

3-Point Percentage - Min. 33.3% & 6 Att.
Abby Randall (Kidder County) 5-8: 62.5%
Fallyn Freije (Lakota/Edmore) 6-14: 42.9%
Regan Watson (Shiloh Christian) 5-12: 41.7%
Jaye Two Bears (Shiloh Christian) 5-12: 41.7%
Sheyenne Schmidt (Bishop Ryan) 4-12: 33.3%

Free Throw Percentage - Min. 63.6% & 8 Att.
Shaye Ronningen (Lakota/Edmore) 11-12: 91.7%
Krista Ulmer (Shiloh Christian) 7-8: 87.5%
Jaye Two Bears (Shiloh Christian) 5-6: 83.3%
Shannon Galegher (Thompson) 5-7: 71.4%
Miriah Forness (Shiloh Christian) 4-6: 66.7%
Maddie Wald (Bishop Ryan) 4-6: 66.7%
Regan Watson (Shiloh Christian) 7-11: 63.6%
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: State Tourney Statistics

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:10 am

FINAL STATE TOURNEY TEAM STATS

Record
Bishop Ryan 3-0
Shiloh Christian 2-1
Central Cass 2-1
Lakota/Edmore 2-1
Beach 1-2
Kidder County 1-2
Thompson 1-2
Watford City 0-3

PF/Game
Bishop Ryan 59.0
Thompson 56.3
Shiloh Christian 53.7
Lakota/Edmore 47.7
Kidder County 43.7
Beach 40.3
Watford City 39.0
Central Cass 38.0

PA/Game
Central Cass 38.0
Bishop Ryan 44.3
Beach 44.3
Shiloh Christian 46.0
Lakota/Edmore 48.0
Kidder County 49.3
Thompson 50.0
Watford City 57.7

FG Percentage
Bishop Ryan 71-162: 43.8%
Thompson 69-182: 37.9%
Kidder County 47-127: 37.0%
Shiloh Christian 58-159: 36.5%
Central Cass 47-138: 34.1%
Lakota/Edmore 51-150: 34.0%
Watford City 47-151: 31.1%
Beach 45-170: 26.5%

3-Point Percentage
Shiloh Christian 16-43: 37.2%
Kidder County 8-25: 32.0%
Lakota/Edmore 13-42: 31.0%
Watford City 8-32: 25.0%
Bishop Ryan 8-33: 24.2%
Central Cass 5-21: 23.8%
Thompson 9-47: 19.1%
Beach 6-47: 12.8%

FT Percentage
Shiloh Christian 29-42: 72.5%
Thompson 22-35: 62.9%
Lakota/Edmore 28-47: 59.6%
Kidder County 29-51: 56.9%
Bishop Ryan 27-53: 50.9%
Beach 25-57: 43.9%
Central Cass 15-42: 35.7%
Watford City 15-42: 35.7%

Rebounds
Thompson 126
Beach 124
Central Cass 115
Bishop Ryan 112
Shiloh Christian 103
Lakota/Edmore 102
Watford City 89
Kidder County 73

Assists
Lakota/Edmore 31
Thompson 31
Bishop Ryan 27
Shiloh Christian 22
Central Cass 22
Watford City 22
Kidder County 20
Beach 15

Turnovers
Kidder County 35
Beach 42
Bishop Ryan 43
Shiloh Christian 45
Thompson 50
Lakota/Edmore 50
Watford City 67
Central Cass 67
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby radball » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:51 pm

wow, that's a lot of TO's for a tourney. per team. question, do they get to do a shoot around or something like that at the fargo dome before the tourney starts? In Minn they use to allow that 3 hrs prior to it starting. Just trying to find a way to improve the tourney play.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:34 pm

the FT % are atrocious!
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:57 pm

radball wrote:wow, that's a lot of TO's for a tourney. per team. question, do they get to do a shoot around or something like that at the fargo dome before the tourney starts? In Minn they use to allow that 3 hrs prior to it starting. Just trying to find a way to improve the tourney play.

No shootaround on site. New rule this year.

I expected the FT% to be awful...that's a tough place to shoot...so much open space
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby radball » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:08 am

that is truly sad, this will only lead to less crowds do to poor shooting and poor play. Just a half hour is all you need to get use to the environment a little bit. They could even just do a half court shoot around.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby momofathletes » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:21 pm

radball wrote:that is truly sad, this will only lead to less crowds do to poor shooting and poor play. Just a half hour is all you need to get use to the environment a little bit. They could even just do a half court shoot around.

So because teams don't get to have a shoot around before the tournament, it is going to lead to less crowds? C'mon get real. I bet most spectators weren't even aware(or even cared) that there were shoot arounds in the past. And now that they do know, I am sure that will weigh heavily in everyone's decision whether or not they will attend a tournament game. "What, you mean those poor players don't get to shoot around before their warm up? " Well heck with that, I am not going to go watch" will be the attitude that would-be spectators will now have.
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:51 pm

momofathletes wrote:
radball wrote:that is truly sad, this will only lead to less crowds do to poor shooting and poor play. Just a half hour is all you need to get use to the environment a little bit. They could even just do a half court shoot around.

So because teams don't get to have a shoot around before the tournament, it is going to lead to less crowds? C'mon get real. I bet most spectators weren't even aware(or even cared) that there were shoot arounds in the past. And now that they do know, I am sure that will weigh heavily in everyone's decision whether or not they will attend a tournament game. "What, you mean those poor players don't get to shoot around before their warm up? " Well heck with that, I am not going to go watch" will be the attitude that would-be spectators will now have.

There was no shoot around at Class B Boys this year...I didn't see a drop in crowds. Teams get 35 minutes before a game (25 minutes essentially to do drills & shoot around...10 minutes for lineups & anthem). There's essentially your half hour warmup to get acclimated.

radball do you even think through your rebuttals or do you just shoot them out without thinking?
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:13 pm

I heard through the grapevine that the Shootarounds will already be back next year for the Class B tournaments, but not the Class A tournaments.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby radball » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:26 pm

wow, has anyone her played in a small school gym then go to state at a BIG venue open space gym and try to make baskets? Takes a bit to get use to(more than the 20 mins before a game), even the guys from CBS sports said this 2 years ago about the final 4 venue. The reason why crowds could go down, is why would someone pay good money to go watch a game when everyone misses and a ton of TO's happen? I rather see teams play there best, not there worse. What is the harm is having them get use to the surrounds before they warm up? nothing.. and regards to your "35" minutes of warm up, I assume you didn't look at the game clock before the teams come out. 20 mns was on the clock and that clock starts at 20 mns before the start time of the game. So its up to the team when and how much they want to do shoot around, and that 20 mns( I didn't see one team come out prior to the clock starting) is up then the line ups and anthem is sang on separate time than the game clock time. This happened on 3 games I saw this year anyway. ,, Schwab, I hope that's true. ,RunforFun: crowds will go down in time if performance goes down., would anybody keep watching a tv show if the acting sucked? np
momofathletes: The extra shoot around would be for the athletes not the fans you *** , I wouldn't say what I want to say because I want to keep this clean.. I can't believe you even think someone would show up a full 2 hours before the tourney starts to watch someone shoot a bball. No one would be there except the teams and workers. Is that clear enough for you. Obviously you never made it to state bball in high school and do a shoot around. Big difference between shoot around and warm ups to.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby east sider » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:41 pm

I guess I agree with radball. Shootarounds should be allowed for State. Not following how it would help with TO's though. I would place TO's more on nerves and team talent/chemistry than venue.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby momofathletes » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:02 pm

radball wrote:wow, has anyone her played in a small school gym then go to state at a BIG venue open space gym and try to make baskets? Takes a bit to get use to(more than the 20 mins before a game), even the guys from CBS sports said this 2 years ago about the final 4 venue. The reason why crowds could go down, is why would someone pay good money to go watch a game when everyone misses and a ton of TO's happen? I rather see teams play there best, not there worse. What is the harm is having them get use to the surrounds before they warm up? nothing.. and regards to your "35" minutes of warm up, I assume you didn't look at the game clock before the teams come out. 20 mns was on the clock and that clock starts at 20 mns before the start time of the game. So its up to the team when and how much they want to do shoot around, and that 20 mns( I didn't see one team come out prior to the clock starting) is up then the line ups and anthem is sang on separate time than the game clock time. This happened on 3 games I saw this year anyway. ,, Schwab, I hope that's true. ,RunforFun: crowds will go down in time if performance goes down., would anybody keep watching a tv show if the acting sucked? np
momofathletes: The extra shoot around would be for the athletes not the fans you *** , I wouldn't say what I want to say because I want to keep this clean.. I can't believe you even think someone would show up a full 2 hours before the tourney starts to watch someone shoot a bball. No one would be there except the teams and workers. Is that clear enough for you. Obviously you never made it to state bball in high school and do a shoot around. Big difference between shoot around and warm ups to.

Wrong again on all accounts Radball. Absolutely nowhere in my post did I mention or even insinuate that the shoot around would be for spectators to actually watch. Of course they wouldn't and I wasn't implying it was for the fans in any way,shape or form so don't read into it what I didn't write. All I said is fans aren't going to care one way or the other if a team had a chance to get used to the venue(with a shoot around) before their warm up when they make their decision whether or not they are going to attend. So it isn't going to affect the turnout when I doubt few even know it exists in the first place. I am not saying a shoot around is bad idea, or that there is any harm in having one, I just said with or without one it isn't going to make a hill of beans difference in attendance. A team can shoot poorly on their home court, and can shoot well on an opponents court, it just depends on the night. A shoot around isn't going to guarantee a good shooting night(or day) for any team and shouldn't affect turnovers whatsoever. So is that clear enough for you? And for the record I was a 4 year varsity starter so I have plenty of experience playing in various small and large Class B atmospheres/gyms and YES I DID PLAY IN A GIRLS STATE B TOURNAMENT. I played in the Minot Dome and at that time we did have the opportunity for a shoot around. So I do have more knowledge and experience of Class B Girls ball than you will ever dream of having, and I don't have to lie and pretend to be a recruiter in order to promote a personal agenda either.
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:49 am

Maybe this has already been mentioned, but I really believe the lower crowds is attributed to the games being televised. I know fans who would make an effort to go to check out the talent from across the state especially on the 1st day, but now they can just watch them on tv. Then if their team loses, they don't have to go. Also, there was more interest in girls basketball when it was played in the fall.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby minotguy715 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:51 pm

momofathletes wrote:
radball wrote:wow, has anyone her played in a small school gym then go to state at a BIG venue open space gym and try to make baskets? Takes a bit to get use to(more than the 20 mins before a game), even the guys from CBS sports said this 2 years ago about the final 4 venue. The reason why crowds could go down, is why would someone pay good money to go watch a game when everyone misses and a ton of TO's happen? I rather see teams play there best, not there worse. What is the harm is having them get use to the surrounds before they warm up? nothing.. and regards to your "35" minutes of warm up, I assume you didn't look at the game clock before the teams come out. 20 mns was on the clock and that clock starts at 20 mns before the start time of the game. So its up to the team when and how much they want to do shoot around, and that 20 mns( I didn't see one team come out prior to the clock starting) is up then the line ups and anthem is sang on separate time than the game clock time. This happened on 3 games I saw this year anyway. ,, Schwab, I hope that's true. ,RunforFun: crowds will go down in time if performance goes down., would anybody keep watching a tv show if the acting sucked? np

Wrong again on all accounts Radball. Absolutely nowhere in my post did I mention or even insinuate that the shoot around would be for spectators to actually watch. Of course they wouldn't and I wasn't implying it was for the fans in any way,shape or form so don't read into it what I didn't write. All I said is fans aren't going to care one way or the other if a team had a chance to get used to the venue(with a shoot around) before their warm up when they make their decision whether or not they are going to attend. So it isn't going to affect the turnout when I doubt few even know it exists in the first place. I am not saying a shoot around is bad idea, or that there is any harm in having one, I just said with or without one it isn't going to make a hill of beans difference in attendance. A team can shoot poorly on their home court, and can shoot well on an opponents court, it just depends on the night. A shoot around isn't going to guarantee a good shooting night(or day) for any team and shouldn't affect turnovers whatsoever. So is that clear enough for you? And for the record I was a 4 year varsity starter so I have plenty of experience playing in various small and large Class B atmospheres/gyms and YES I DID PLAY IN A GIRLS STATE B TOURNAMENT. I played in the Minot Dome and at that time we did have the opportunity for a shoot around. So I do have more knowledge and experience of Class B Girls ball than you will ever dream of having, and I don't have to lie and pretend to be a recruiter in order to promote a personal agenda either.

Well said MOM!!!!! :)
minotguy715
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:26 pm

momofathletes wrote:

And she was a darn good player too. She can still school up high school players.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Hinsa wrote:And she was a darn good player too. She can still school up high school players.

I'd still take her daughter in a sprint.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:17 pm

:lol: Good one Flip. You should see her daughter and Dryburgh go at it in sprints in practice! What a treat!
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls