District Tourney Predictions

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

District Tourney Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:55 pm

Some districts aren't officially set yet but here is where you can make your predictions.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: District Tourney Predictions

Postby ND-is-#1 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:16 pm

District 1
1. FCT
2. Sargent Central
3. North Sargent
4. Lisbon

District 2
1. Central Cass
2. Maple Valley
3. Oak Grove
4. Enderlin
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:14 pm

Dist 7.
1. L-E
2. Carrington
3. H-WC
4. FW-M

Dist 8.
1. Northstar
2. Rolla
3. BC
4. RW

Would have put Rolla at 1 in this district because I thought Northstar had been struggling a bit of late, but after the game with L-E I think they're still behind Northstar. Should be a great championship game, though. Benson Co. or Rolette-W could each pull off upsets in the semis, though.

In Dist 7, Lakota and Carrington are definitely the top two. If FW-M was in the bottom bracket I might have picked them for an upset, but I don't see them beating L-E with Frieje.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:21 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Dist 7.
1. L-E
2. Carrington
3. H-WC
4. FW-M

Dist 8.
1. Northstar
2. Rolla
3. BC
4. RW

Would have put Rolla at 1 in this district because I thought Northstar had been struggling a bit of late, but after the game with L-E I think they're still behind Northstar. Should be a great championship game, though. Benson Co. or Rolette-W could each pull off upsets in the semis, though.

In Dist 7, Lakota and Carrington are definitely the top two. If FW-M was in the bottom bracket I might have picked them for an upset, but I don't see them beating L-E with Frieje.

Can anyone fill me in on that LE-Rolla game? What happened there? Not surprised LE won, just didn't see that one happening by almost 30. I agree with your picks Lion, maybe flip RW-BC, have only saw BC play once and haven't saw RW, just box scores, so I don't have much to go by though.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:24 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
1. L-E
2. Carrington
3. H-WC
4. FW-M

Dist 8.
1. Northstar
2. Rolla
3. BC
4. RW

Can anyone fill me in on that LE-Rolla game? What happened there? Not surprised LE won, just didn't see that one happening by almost 30. I agree with your picks Lion, maybe flip RW-BC, have only saw BC play once and haven't saw RW, just box scores, so I don't have much to go by though.

You can't really flip BC & RW because if they are playing in RQ games and both win then the higher seed gets the #3 seed.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
1. L-E
2. Carrington
3. H-WC
4. FW-M

Dist 8.
1. Northstar
2. Rolla
3. BC
4. RW

BC is a real darkhorse in the district and possibly region. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they can pull off enough upsets to get to state but don't be surprised if they do something big. With a young team, they could also miss out on regions completely or be one and done as well. Besides a bad loss to DL's JV, their losses have all be in the single digits to Northstar, Rolla, TGU, H-WC, and Carrington. Those teams have all lost 3 times or less on the season except for Carrington who has played a very difficult schedule. They have a tough test with another underrated team in FW-M tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if either of these teams pulls off an upset in the postseason.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsphenom » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:26 pm

District 5

1. Ellendale
2. LLM
3. MPB
4. EK

District 6

1. Kidder County
2. South Border