all time scoring leaders

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: all time scoring leaders

Postby The Schwab » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:51 am

I believe that's what Fischer did. I believe she played 7th and 8th grade at Rhame (Varsity) and then transferred to Bowman. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong please.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby east sider » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:39 pm

Not to take anything away from the Sr. or Jr. class, but Stewart from Minot Ryan and Nudell are dominating at such a young age that I feel they can at least be mentioned as POSSIBLY two of the best in state history. Am I getting ahead of myself or are could these two be in the conversation of Smykowski, Mund and Nadine Schmidt?
I say it cautiously because I've only seen Stewart in state last year and I haven't seen Nudell yet. Any thoughts?
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Haven't seen Nudell play enough. I think Stewart is the closest I have seen a player be to Jessica Kielpinski, who is the most dominant ND girls play that I watched in my lifetime. Not sure if she is quite as good of a shooter, but she is unquestionably dominant as is.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:44 pm

Greg Amundson says Kielpinski is "probably the best player I've ever coached and probably the most highly recruited player in state history."

More highly recruited than Angie Welle?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:47 pm

I think she had 27 D1 offers or something. I will ask her tomorrow morning.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby east sider » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:11 pm

balla45 wrote:Haven't seen Nudell play enough. I think Stewart is the closest I have seen a player be to Jessica Kielpinski, who is the most dominant ND girls play that I watched in my lifetime. Not sure if she is quite as good of a shooter, but she is unquestionably dominant as is.

I'm hoping Nudell gets to state this year so she gets exposure and we could see a matchup with Ryan. Nudell will have around 2000 points by the end of this year so she has to be pretty legit. Bishop Ryan is just plain scary this year the way they have been dominating teams. It will be interesting to see if Stewart has developed an outside game because in B she doesn't really need to. Of course I'm only focusing on each player's offense, what made those other players great was their play on both ends.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby east sider » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:13 pm

Flip wrote:Greg Amundson says Kielpinski is "probably the best player I've ever coached and probably the most highly recruited player in state history."

More highly recruited than Angie Welle?

I'm guessing they would be 1A and 1B, maybe even a few others.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:51 am

east sider wrote:Not to take anything away from the Sr. or Jr. class, but Stewart from Minot Ryan and Nudell are dominating at such a young age that I feel they can at least be mentioned as POSSIBLY two of the best in state history. Am I getting ahead of myself or are could these two be in the conversation of Smykowski, Mund and Nadine Schmidt?
I say it cautiously because I've only seen Stewart in state last year and I haven't seen Nudell yet. Any thoughts?

Having watched all of the players mentioned, Stewart and Nudell are definitely in the conversation as being top players in Class B history. The biggest factor to their success is that they have a lot of basketball knowledge, and they show a lot of discipline on the court. Regardless of any aspect of their game that they may need to work on to continue playing at a higher level, they do want their team needs them to do. I would like to see Nudell at the State tourney, but she will need help from her teammates to get there. It will be tough stopping the 6+ft center from Central Cass. There is never a cakewalk in Region 1.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby east sider » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:40 pm

Appreciate the feedback. I will definitely try make it to some of Nudell's games in the future. Should never take players like this for granted.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby rains32 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:43 pm

Might not be the right thread to post this but congrats to Shaye Ronningen on scoring her 2000th career point in the regional championship game.
rains32
NDPreps Starter

Postby minotguy715 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:20 am

I remember reading somewhere on this site, couldn't find it again , that Rylee Nudell is going to break her mothers scoring record, who is/was her mother? Thanks :)
minotguy715
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:57 am

minotguy715 wrote:I remember reading somewhere on this site, couldn't find it again , that Rylee Nudell is going to break her mothers scoring record, who is/was her mother? Thanks :)

Rhonda Nudell (Schneekloth) scored 1,800 career points at Maple Valley before playing at Concordia. Rhonda was a member of the Cobbers’ NCAA Division III national championship team during the 1987-88 season.

Rylee broke her mother's school record late in the regular season this year. She is still on pace for the most in State History right now.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Havefaithin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:57 am

Best Female Basketball Players in North Dakota
15 - Kielpinski
14-Rebecca Henry - Westhope
13-Jeannette Fox-WhiteShield/Mandan
12-Lisa Herner - Wilton
11-Sheri Kleinsasser - Carrington
10-Wanda Schwab-Esmond
9-Darcy Deutsch-Devis Lake
8-Tanya Fischer - Bowman
7- Lynette Mund - Milnor
6- Whitney Meier - Rolla
5- Pat Smykowski - Lidgerwood
4- Durene Heisler - Devils Lake
3- Nadine Schmidt - Braddock
TIE 2 - Shelley Hughes -Williston
Kammy Anderson - Valley City
1 -Jean Roise - Berthold
Havefaithin
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Havefaithin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:39 am

Sorry I forgot to add Angie Welle - Iowa State all time leading scorer. She is top five.
Havefaithin
NDPreps Rookie

Postby minotguy715 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:33 pm

I didn't watch enough of the Class A players, but for Class B, the ones that standout and I remember cause they stood out at the State B, Tanya Fischer, Pat Smykowski, Whitney Meier, Nadine Schmidt.......of those, and I think it is close in my mind, but I would favor by a very small margin, Nadine Schmidt. As far as A...... Angie Welle is the one that sticks out for me the most watching the tourneys throughout the years.
minotguy715
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:07 pm

Havefaithin wrote:Sorry I forgot to add Angie Welle - Iowa State all time leading scorer. She is top five.

If Welle is 5 then Jessica Kielpinski is 6.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby leroybla » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Was Welle from Fargo? I woulda guessed Moorhead.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby leroybla » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:24 pm

found my own answer. Welle played at Fargo Shanley, but I still believe she lived in Moorhead.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Girls