NorthStar VS. Lakota-Edmore

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

NorthStar VS. Lakota-Edmore

Postby B-oldtimer » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:39 pm

Should be a good game tonight but did hear Frieje girl will not play tonight because of injury suffered other night at Park River game. Lakota-Edmore still should still be able to match up with Northstar they still have Ronnigan and Pesek girls to match up with Hagler and Kvilvang but loss of Frieje girl does change the game scenarios. I still think its going to be very close game and fun game to watch.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: NorthStar VS. Lakota-Edmore

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:59 pm

If Freije doesn't play, Northstar wins by 20.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:19 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:If Freije doesn't play, Northstar wins by 20.

yep
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:39 pm

I'll take a piece of that. FW played NS close through 3 1/2 quarters/LE beat FW by double digits without Freije. Also saw Rollete-Wolford hung with NS, losing by 8 or something. I'll say NS by about 10.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:35 pm

winner-within wrote:

yep

NS by 11. 3 pt game heading into the 4th. LE has to feel good about a potential rematch with Freije in the floor.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby noles4ever » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:49 am

And Heisler got in foul trouble, and 2 of north stat's big three had below average games but hagler had a big one, and from the lakota-edmore perspective they would say the reffing was in ns favor. The game was played on Lakota-Edmore's home court, next rematch would be neutral.
All this game proved is that NS is 11 pts better playing a lakota-edmore team without freije.
To be honest, I think this game proved nothing without both teams at full strength. North Star wanted to face Lakota-Edmore at full strength and I am sure that Freiji wanted to play.
Everyone is looking to regionals for a rematch but honestly they might not see each other again. Rolette, rolla, four winds, and carrington all might have something to say about that.
As a class b fan of boys and girls I think we would all like to see this rematch on the big stage but as they say "any given sunday".
Of note, North Star did have a 20 pt lead in the mid 4th but L-E made a comeback proving that basketball is truly a game of runs, and whoever puts together the most runs usually wins. I love listening to Mark Beighley on the radio if I can't be there, but Kulland did an awesome job last night.
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:06 am

noles4ever wrote:And Heisler got in foul trouble, and 2 of north stat's big three had below average games but hagler had a big one, and from the lakota-edmore perspective they would say the reffing was in ns favor. The game was played on Lakota-Edmore's home court, next rematch would be neutral.
All this game proved is that NS is 11 pts better playing a lakota-edmore team without freije.
To be honest, I think this game proved nothing without both teams at full strength. North Star wanted to face Lakota-Edmore at full strength and I am sure that Freiji wanted to play.
Everyone is looking to regionals for a rematch but honestly they might not see each other again. Rolette, rolla, four winds, and carrington all might have something to say about that.
As a class b fan of boys and girls I think we would all like to see this rematch on the big stage but as they say "any given sunday".
Of note, North Star did have a 20 pt lead in the mid 4th but L-E made a comeback proving that basketball is truly a game of runs, and whoever puts together the most runs usually wins. I love listening to Mark Beighley on the radio if I can't be there, but Kulland did an awesome job last night.

How wasn't NS at full strength? What this game proves is that LE can hang with NS without arguably the best player in class B on the court. Nothing less/nothing more.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby noles4ever » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:06 am

Read carefully, North-Star wanted to play Lakota-Edmore when Lakota-Edmore WAS AT FULL STRENGTH, sorry I didn't spell it out for you.
Read into it whatever you want. Doesn't mean anything until March 10th, 11th, and 13th.
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:47 am

I really thought Northstar was the favorite in this region, but not so sure now. I thought Lakota relied too much on Freije, but maybe some other players are learning to step up now which would really help them come tourney time. I still think these two meet for it all in the region championship and it will be a heck of a game. I could see Rolla or Carrington pulling an upset along the way, but the rest of each district is just too far behind these two teams.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:57 am

noles4ever wrote:Read carefully, North-Star wanted to play Lakota-Edmore when Lakota-Edmore WAS AT FULL STRENGTH, sorry I didn't spell it out for you.
Read into it whatever you want. Doesn't mean anything until March 10th, 11th, and 13th.

So if NS would have got up 20-2 and won 84-38 would that have meant that LE was a one trick pony? That's what I would have read into it. Since LE was within 3 going into the 4th does that mean they are MORE than a one person team? That's what I read into it. One more thing, STOP POSTING LIKE I'M A 6th GRADER ("sorry I didn't spell it out for you"). You aren't the only person who's attended a basketball game in your life. Finally, you are right, March will decide it. These are the top two teams in region 4. Doesn't mean they'll make the championship. But if you think this ISN'T a positive for LE to hang with the #4 team in the state WITHOUT their 2 time 1st team all-stater, who averages 20 pts 15 boards 5 assists a game than apparently you don't know basketball. Finally, I'll guarantee NS wanted Freije to play. They could have worked on what they'll need to do so slow her down. There are a lot of unknowns out there now.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby noles4ever » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:18 am

Hold on there Wallenda, you totally took what I said the wrong way, if you are going to read like a 6th grader, I must dumb down my writing for your 6th grade mentality.
And where did I ever say anything that you implied in your last post with being the only person to ever see a basketball game, YIKES. Wow, you and winner just might be the same person. On edge much?
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:35 am

noles4ever wrote:Hold on there Wallenda, you totally took what I said the wrong way, if you are going to read like a 6th grader, I must dumb down my writing for your 6th grade mentality.
And where did I ever say anything that you implied in your last post with being the only person to ever see a basketball game, YIKES. Wow, you and winner just might be the same person. On edge much?

So you saying "sorry I didn't spell it out for you" wasn't a flippant remark? Don't write like a teenage girl and us 6th graders won't take offense. Not on the edge at all. Just loved your comments: 2 of NS 3 best played bad(were you there or did you listen on the radio as you said earlier)?; What matters is March 10th/11th/13th. Really? Wow that's cutting edge analysis. Way to go out on the limb with that one. Everything I wrote you refuted as "this game doesn't mean anything". Actually I disagree, as I previously stated.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:56 am

OK kids. You've had your pi$$ing match, now get back to some serious analysis.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby noles4ever » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:01 am

listened, kvilvang was 5-6 pts below her average and heisler sat for a long period of time and was 10-11 pts below her average. Those stats are not indicative of stellar performances.
Flippant remark due to the fact you attacked me in the post before when I gave my analysis.
In the end this game means nothing come march even if you want to blow it into a huge moral victory for Lakota-Edmore.
You need to take your medication.
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby DiggerDan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:11 am

What last night shows is that without Freije, LE is a pretty decent team, but not the caliber of North Star.

I've watched LE play many times. With Freije, they are a completely different outfit. They are much better defensively and in transition. LE will play almost exclusively man, not the zone they sat in last night for much of the game. That doesn't mean North Star won't be able to score, I suspect with their athletes they would prefer playing against man. But it will be a different game for both.

Offensively, LE will be totally different as well, but not necessarily better. LE last night showed very good ball movement in their half court offense and were able to get good looks on most possessions. That they were hitting them was the reason they stayed close thru 3 quarters. With Freije, you may not see that. Sometimes the rest of the team depends too much on Fallyn and the offense bogs down. It will be interesting to see how playing this stretch of games without her affects the group when she returns.

It was a fun game to watch. Was very impressed again with Sarah Hagler, as I have been every time I've seen her over the past 3 years. A tremendous athlete. It's fun to watch kids from other teams as they develop through the years - you don't see them as much so their growth really jumps out at you.
DiggerDan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:12 am

I was really mad I didn't go with my first intention.... which was 10 points
and of course that's why they play the game
The Freije Girls not making it to State last year has to be weighing heavy on the mind of the one left playing
she could be dangerous if she makes it back on the court for the tourney
good luck to all teams... :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:47 am

noles4ever wrote:listened, kvilvang was 5-6 pts below her average and heisler sat for a long period of time and was 10-11 pts below her average. Those stats are not indicative of stellar performances.
Flippant remark due to the fact you attacked me in the post before when I gave my analysis.
In the end this game means nothing come march even if you want to blow it into a huge moral victory for Lakota-Edmore.

"How wasn't NS at full strength? What this game proves is that LE can hang with NS without arguably the best player in class B on the court. Nothing less/nothing more."
You call this being attacked? You need to toughen up if that is an attack.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikingman » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:48 am

noles4ever wrote:listened, kvilvang was 5-6 pts below her average and heisler sat for a long period of time and was 10-11 pts below her average. Those stats are not indicative of stellar performances.

I think you can safely assume that when you play a top-ten team you are going to have players that don't hit their averages. NS scores 80 ppg, but a lot of that is against poor-quality competition. I didn't expect them to score like that against Lakota AE. NS was 16 points below season average, LAE was 7 below.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:54 am

Do you think perhaps LE defense had anything to do with the above mentioned girls? Hamen held Carringtons good guard (I forget her name) to 2 pts. Maybe LE's defense deserves some credit? Sorry if you view this as an all out attack. Also, the medication insinuation isn't funny. Mental health is a serious societal issue, nothing to be joked about.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:15 pm

DiggerDan wrote:What last night shows is that without Freije, LE is a pretty decent team, but not the caliber of North Star.

I've watched LE play many times. With Freije, they are a completely different outfit. They are much better defensively and in transition. LE will play almost exclusively man, not the zone they sat in last night for much of the game. That doesn't mean North Star won't be able to score, I suspect with their athletes they would prefer playing against man. But it will be a different game for both.

Offensively, LE will be totally different as well, but not necessarily better. LE last night showed very good ball movement in their half court offense and were able to get good looks on most possessions. That they were hitting them was the reason they stayed close thru 3 quarters. With Freije, you may not see that. Sometimes the rest of the team depends too much on Fallyn and the offense bogs down. It will be interesting to see how playing this stretch of games without her affects the group when she returns.

It was a fun game to watch. Was very impressed again with Sarah Hagler, as I have been every time I've seen her over the past 3 years. A tremendous athlete. It's fun to watch kids from other teams as they develop through the years - you don't see them as much so their growth really jumps out at you.

You make some good pts. Freije's dynamite but I do think they get caught watching her at times. I've never seen her play but I've heard Haglers tough.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby noles4ever » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Asking redundant questions and making statements like

"stop posting like a 6th grader"

"you aren't the only person who's attended a basketball game in your life"

and

"don't write like a girl"

are not exactly complimentary. I know mental health is a serious issue, but seriously, stay on your meds, please.
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:41 pm

noles4ever wrote:Asking redundant questions and making statements like

"stop posting like a 6th grader"

"you aren't the only person who's attended a basketball game in your life"

and

"don't write like a girl"

are not exactly complimentary. I know mental health is a serious issue, but seriously, stay on your meds, please.

Which is what I said after you said "Sorry I didn't spell it out for you". You cast the first stone pal. Are you going to answer my question regarding why you felt so viscously attacked? If the best you have is "stay on your meds", you don't have much. Way to use mental health in your rebuttal. You stay classy noles4ever.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby B-oldtimer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:52 pm

LE played very conservative game last night from what I saw they did not pressure ball up the court and like somebody said played zone defense most of the night. I think they wanted to protect themselves from getting in foul trouble and lack of depth without Frieje playing. The Ronnigan girl did nice job controlling Kvilvang and I think you saw why Kvilvang numbers were down. Hagler girl had good night especially from the 3 point area but with Frieje I doubt she would have had as much success being she would have shoot over 6' Freije compared to smalle LE girls on perimeter. Northstar played LE but what LE played for defense is not what LE normally plays for defense they usually play pressure man to man with trapping full court zone press. I think it was good game for LE in that there girls showed they are not one person team and they can play with anyone missing one there key ball players. Northstar got familiar with LE on how some of their girls play and what they can expect from these girls. These teams could easily meet again in Region tournament in March but Region 4 has some very good teams beside these two with Rolla, Carrington, Rolette, and Harvey that could on given night beat any team.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby noles4ever » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:54 pm

Not poking fun at mental health, just poking fun at you using a medication exaggeration, sorry lighten up.

Are we to think that Lakota-Edmore's rallying cry is now going to be "we almost beat them without Fallyn".

If that is the case they have other issues.
If this game had been played with both teams at full strength we have ourselves a measuring stick for the hopeful future match-up, as it stands we don't have that, and we are left with way too many questions to come to a decisive conclusion, so therefore this game really doesn't mean much and in my mind proves nothing.
Did L-E play together as a team more without Freiji? Probably?
Did Kvilvang and Heisler have good games? Not according to stats
Was it L-E's defense that caused this or a letdown because L-E didn't have Feiji? Can't tell.
Does it decide anything before march? A definite NO.

Fly on, I mean carry on.
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:47 pm

[quote="noles4ever"]Not poking fun at mental health, just poking fun at you using a medication exaggeration, sorry lighten up.

Are we to think that Lakota-Edmore's rallying cry is now going to be "we almost beat them without Fallyn".

If that is the case they have other issues.
If this game had been played with both teams at full strength we have ourselves a measuring stick for the hopeful future match-up, as it stands we don't have that, and we are left with way too many questions to come to a decisive conclusion, so therefore this game really doesn't mean much and in my mind proves nothing.
Did L-E play together as a team more without Freiji? Probably?
Did Kvilvang and Heisler have good games? Not according to stats
Was it L-E's defense that caused this or a letdown because L-E didn't have Feiji? Can't tell.
Does it decide anything before march? A definite NO.
Are forumns not for speculation? No one said "LE played them close so when freije comes back they'll win for sure". heck, they might get beat with freije playing by 20 because she'll try to do to much/will have a horrible game, etc. My only point is, if you're LE, would you have rather competed or got smoked? I'd say the fact they competed without her is positive, and after coaching for a number of years I'm guessing the team feels the same way. Is it a negative for that team to think "hey we almost beat them without our big gun, I like our chances with her on the floor"? I'm not sure what other "issues" this plays into that you're referring to. If they'd have got drilled I'm guessing they'd have thought "crap we are all fallyn and only fallyn". I'm speculating. As most do on this board. I never said anything was cut in stone. You're right, this gets decided in March. Obviously.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Girls