Top players half way point

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Top players half way point

Postby Huntfish1 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:26 pm

It has started on the boys side, let's do the girls.

I have not seen many games, so my list is short but I do believe these do deserve some props

In no particular order

Heisler from north star
Stewart from Ryan
Vandal from Rolla
Freije from LAE

Just girls I have seen that looked very good
Huntfish1
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Top players half way point

Postby Hinsa » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:38 pm

Weber - Thompson
Dooley - CC
Henningsgard - HCV
Nudell - MV
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby radball » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:39 pm

Is this based off points alone, or over all play, defense, rebounds, points, assist. Because the list provide so far is just points. Just curious. And most of the players on the list are good shooters, but overall play?
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:50 pm

The 8 mentioned so far are very good defenders too. Dooley has learned that if she keeps her arms extended straight up she will get block after block without fouling. Weber is one of the quickest perimeter defenders around. Henningsgard does it all - score, rebound, defend, distribute. Nudell is a great scorer but she also distributes the ball very well. She doesn't have to score for her team to win. Stewart is just plain good - scoring, rebounding, mobile, ballhandler, shot blocker. I think Freije is much more in the situation where she has to carry her team so she sees all sorts of attention and still gets the points her team needs. I don't know the other two well enough to comment on them.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:53 pm

radball wrote:Is this based off points alone, or over all play, defense, rebounds, points, assist. Because the list provide so far is just points. Just curious. And most of the players on the list are good shooters, but overall play?

How is Dooley (CC) & Nudell (MV) JUST points?? Yes they score their fair share of points; but these girls are double-double players nearly every night...Dooley even has a few triple-doubles (pts, boards & blocks...and not against poor teams). I'm going to imagine that Freije also consistently has double-doubles.

I'm sorry radball but I'm sick of this...you don't know ND HS basketball players and all that these girls do. You just focus on ONE team the whole time making some good, but many biased, poor comments on this site. Your a Thompson fan...that's fine I am too; however the constant 'blows' you make towards opposing teams is getting old fast. Its fine to support the team...but do it in a positive, constructive way (I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way either).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Huntfish1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:50 pm

I was not trying to make this a subject on points!!!

The girls that I mentioned did score their points the nights I watched them, but they did so much more for their teams than just score.

Stewart and Freije have gotten their props on here and rightfully deserved.

For the other two that I mentioned in Heisler and Vandal, I will give you a little info on both of them, but this is just from the couple of games that I have seen on both of them.

Heisler-One of the hardest working girls I have seen, Shoots very well from outside, but her strengths have got to be her defensive pressure, and court awareness. She cuts to the hole very well and gets lots of week side rebounds from the wing position.

Vandal-At 6 feet tall, I have not seen a ball handler like her in a long time. She can also hit the outside shot, but her strong suit is beating the press or penetrating to score. I have seen her play on two different occasions this year, and she can do anything the coach seems to ask of her. Spoke to a district 8 coach that says she is (in their mind) the best all around player in the district.
Huntfish1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Very high on every player mentioned thus far. I would take every single one of them on my teams.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:08 pm

Karleigh Weber of Thompson committed to Mayville State University yesterday by the way.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby radball » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:55 pm

for Run4Fun2009, at what point in my statement did I say anything about "Thompson" or be negative? And I've seen just a few of these good bball players play and I think 4 of them deserve to be mentioned(they ALL are good players, but we all look at bball through different eyes,example, I think a 9.8 points,7 boards, 8 assist, 5 steals, per game, is better than 13 points and 4 rpg,3 assist avg: and if that same player can shut down a 13 point average player to 4 points, i'll take that person any day). Henningsgard - HCV, I would still leave off this, she is good, but any kind of defense at all and she was average and she got shut down pretty much at Thompson(but in that game I think both coachs didn't show their best bball, so hopefully the best is yet to come) . Congrats KW by the way, deserving of a scholarship to play bball. Anytime some gets to go to college, and do the thing they love. that's awesome. There is one person I would add to this list, but everyone would freak out, and say i'm bias,so i'll wouldn't mention her, but she would be on the list for sure if averages don't lie.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:30 pm

radball wrote:for Run4Fun2009, at what point in my statement did I say anything about "Thompson" or be negative? And I've seen just a few of these good bball players play and I think 4 of them deserve to be mentioned(they ALL are good players, but we all look at bball through different eyes,example, I think a 9.8 points,7 boards, 8 assist, 5 steals, per game, is better than 13 points and 4 rpg,3 assist avg: and if that same player can shut down a 13 point average player to 4 points, i'll take that person any day). Henningsgard - HCV, I would still leave off this, she is good, but any kind of defense at all and she was average and she got shut down pretty much at Thompson(but in that game I think both coachs didn't show their best bball, so hopefully the best is yet to come) . Congrats KW by the way, deserving of a scholarship to play bball. Anytime some gets to go to college, and do the thing they love. that's awesome. There is one person I would add to this list, but everyone would freak out, and say i'm bias,so i'll wouldn't mention her, but she would be on the list for sure if averages don't lie.

1) if you aren't talking about a girl from Thompson
Who is it that averages "9.8 pts blah blah"?
2)Henningsgard got shut down at Thompson? Just googled it and saw she had 17. Define "shut down" to me? Do ya gotta have 30?
3) your girl averages 8 assists per game? Get real.
4) you're clueless. I hate the fact that you use this website to drive a personal agenda, and put other kids down. I have lots to say to you radball but I'm going to bed. I'll pick
Up tommorrow. And if the monitors want to ban me then so be it.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:15 am

Feel free to continue your rant.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:31 am

The kids who have been mentioned so far are very fundamentally strong, and very noteworthy. A good recruiter would not count out any player who puts a uniform on, a professional would never dismiss a player with experience and stats, and a great recruiter signs kids who will perform. Its ok if someone wants to pretend to be a recruiter, but at least entertain us with something useful. Run is probably the most useful recruiter whether he knows it or not.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:23 am

Flying Wallenda wrote:
radball wrote:for Run4Fun2009, at what point in my statement did I say anything about "Thompson" or be negative? And I've seen just a few of these good bball players play and I think 4 of them deserve to be mentioned(they ALL are good players, but we all look at bball through different eyes,example, I think a 9.8 points,7 boards, 8 assist, 5 steals, per game, is better than 13 points and 4 rpg,3 assist avg: and if that same player can shut down a 13 point average player to 4 points, i'll take that person any day). Henningsgard - HCV, I would still leave off this, she is good, but any kind of defense at all and she was average and she got shut down pretty much at Thompson(but in that game I think both coachs didn't show their best bball, so hopefully the best is yet to come) . Congrats KW by the way, deserving of a scholarship to play bball. Anytime some gets to go to college, and do the thing they love. that's awesome. There is one person I would add to this list, but everyone would freak out, and say i'm bias,so i'll wouldn't mention her, but she would be on the list for sure if averages don't lie.

1) if you aren't talking about a girl from Thompson
Who is it that averages "9.8 pts blah blah"?
2)Henningsgard got shut down at Thompson? Just googled it and saw she had 17. Define "shut down" to me? Do ya gotta have 30?
3) your girl averages 8 assists per game? Get real.
4) you're clueless. I hate the fact that you use this website to drive a personal agenda, and put other kids down. I have lots to say to you radball but I'm going to bed. I'll pick
Up tommorrow. And if the monitors want to ban me then so be it.

I have issues with you radball. You are uninformed and one sided. You sell yourself as a scout but then start spouting stats (do you think big time DI scouts keep up to date daily statistical scouting numbers on players? Here's a hint--no) Plus you spout numbers that are inflated (Thompson girl averaging 8 assists per game...I'd guess that would lead the state. Oh, and she doesn't play pt or handle the ball much for that matter). Then you come with the "these players only score pts, everyone can score but I want a well rounded player". Huh...so Feije's 15 rebounds and approximately 5 assists per game don't exists? Think Stewart doesn't grab a ton of rebounds? Did you realize Henningsgards led in rebounds/assist/ and is there best defender? Of course you don't know, cause you only follow one player. And then, you talk about pts as if they DON'T matter, unless of course its when your favorite Tommie is "shutting this person down", then pts are the most important stat because your favorite Tommie held so and so to 6 pts in the time she was guarding her, 12 below her average, yada yada. And I love how if a girl plays Thompson and doesn't score 20 (which must be the threshold for not being shutdown as Henningsgard scored 17 vs Thompson and was basically "shut down" according to your criteria), its all your favorite player from Thompson playing all the defense. Its not team defense, its not a zone perhaps, its all one on one and your favorite player single handidly stone cold shut her off. Oh, and you throw people under the bus. Your favorite Tommie was held back by Brend. Yep, that was Brends goal. Keep the reigns on her tight. Forget the fact that he's a former state coach of the year and has brought his team to the dance twice in 10 or so years. Apparently the Henningsgard girls from HCV are just not very good, as your favorite Tommie has apparently just shut them off for years. Oh yes, the older one is playing and contributing at Mary, she must at least have an idea on how to play. As a true freshman. But probably the most frusterating for me about this conversation is that I feel like it forces people like myself to indirectly slam the girl from Thompson who you are all into to, and I HATE that. She seems like a great kid, and for all I know she reads this stuff. The last thing I'd want is for a HS kid to read a forumn like this feel bad about it. She's a good player, as I"ve said the 2nd best player on that team in my opinion (but I may be short changing Gallagher a bit). She has a nice abilities....YES I think she has areas to work on (scoring---heaven forbid but I said it!!!), but with continued work I believe she'll be an all state player in a year or two. You aren't doing her any favors by coming on her and being biased, uninformed and one sided. Get a clue.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby radball » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:57 pm

P.S, i'm not talking about a girl from Thompson by the way, that just shows you how "informed" you are about girls bball in nd. And yes we get stats on a regular bases from papers just like anyone else can, not all the time they are there. Just like a couple games of Freije, LAE, there were 4 of us watching the game when she pulled out that big game. I wish everyone good luck with bball. And hopefully everyone stays healthy.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:09 pm

Which Division 1 school do you scout for?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:42 pm

radball wrote:P.S, i'm not talking about a girl from Thompson by the way, that just shows you how "informed" you are about girls bball in nd. And yes we get stats on a regular bases from papers just like anyone else can, not all the time they are there. Just like a couple games of Freije, LAE, there were 4 of us watching the game when she pulled out that big game. I wish everyone good luck with bball. And hopefully everyone stays healthy.

So now after talking about a girl from Thompson on every post, you suddenly aren't? Who's stats did you recite then/who got left off the list? Send me a link to the paper that shows individual rebounds, steals, and assists. As for informed, you show how uninformed you are by saying LAE--Adams is no more, it's LE. You are jointly uninformed, a liar, and full if it. And a WHOLE BUNCH of each of those.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:49 pm

radball wrote:P.S, i'm not talking about a girl from Thompson by the way, that just shows you how "informed" you are about girls bball in nd. And yes we get stats on a regular bases from papers just like anyone else can, not all the time they are there. Just like a couple games of Freije, LAE, there were 4 of us watching the game when she pulled out that big game. I wish everyone good luck with bball. And hopefully everyone stays healthy.

Who were you talking about when you said , and I quote "There is one person I would add to this list, but everyone would freak out, and say i'm bias,so i'll wouldn't mention her, but she would be on the list for sure if averages don't lie." Who??? Liar.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby mediaball » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:20 pm

Returning to the topic at hand, I was able to attend the North Star/Rolla game and Sarah Hagler balances Allie Heisler nicely on the opposite side of the floor. Both girls are aggressive to the basket and yet able to shoot the long ball.
mediaball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND-is-#1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:11 pm

balla45 wrote:Which Division 1 school do you scout for?

Clearly he isn't a scout ha
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby radball » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:37 am

mediaball, I agree, they do make a excellent pair, they do have excellent range.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:06 pm

Since there is a lot of Thompson talk ITT what should I expect to see if I watch them play Larimore tonight?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:13 pm

Flip wrote:Since there is a lot of Thompson talk ITT what should I expect to see if I watch them play Larimore tonight?

Expect about a 30 point win for TT,let me know if you see radball scouting tho
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:21 pm

radball wrote:mediaball, I agree, they do make a excellent pair, they do have excellent range.

Who did you see them play? And are you going to answer my questions or not?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:22 pm

packers21 wrote:
Flip wrote:Since there is a lot of Thompson talk ITT what should I expect to see if I watch them play Larimore tonight?

Look for someone wearing a Tommie's sweatshirt, pulling really hard for the 10th grader that starts!!
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby momofathletes » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:05 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
packers21 wrote:

Look for someone wearing a Tommie's sweatshirt, pulling really hard for the 10th grader that starts!!

The real dead give-away: Radball will be the one in the stands (unless they have reserved courtside seats for scouts lol) who has the electronic scoreboard posting the minute by minute stats for his favorite Tommy for the whole crowd to see...you know, like how many assists, steals, rebounds, points, forced turnovers, blocked shots per MINUTE. Oh and lets not forget the most important stat...how that favorite Tommy is single handedly "shutting down" the best player on the opposing side all while playing zone defense. Doesn't matter if that opposing player is scoring at or above her season average, it will be considered getting shut down.
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Girls