Who wins it all

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby PA42 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:54 pm

that's why box scores aren't good for everything. betsy dickson is a true point guard. i don't think point guards should score much more than ten twelve points a game. their job is to run the team.
PA42

Postby InTheKnow » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:09 pm

If there is a point guard that brings more to a team from every aspect of the game (not just scoring) then Betsy Dickson does for M-M then I would like to see her play.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:04 pm

InTheKnow wrote:If there is a point guard that brings more to a team from every aspect of the game (not just scoring) then Betsy Dickson does for M-M then I would like to see her play.

That is how Lindsey Sand is from Steele. She might not always score, but even if she doesn't, she is doing what her team needs. With a team that has 4 or 5 girls that can score 20 a night, she doesn't have to go out and score every night. Even when she isn't scoring she is getting assists. If she isn't scoring, and not getting assists, she is still running the offense to perfection and playing very solid defense.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:53 pm

baller01 wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:If there is a point guard that brings more to a team from every aspect of the game (not just scoring) then Betsy Dickson does for M-M then I would like to see her play.

That is how Lindsey Sand is from Steele. She might not always score, but even if she doesn't, she is doing what her team needs. With a team that has 4 or 5 girls that can score 20 a night, she doesn't have to go out and score every night. Even when she isn't scoring she is getting assists. If she isn't scoring, and not getting assists, she is still running the offense to perfection and playing very solid defense.

Yes there are other point guards like the one you mention but the thing that sets Dickson apart is her athleticism and ability to do so many things other PG's can not do like lead the team in rebounding or blocked shots. To be the one that jumps at tip off and be the point guard shows she may be one of the best, if not the best pure female all around athletes in HS this year. I am sure if anyone wants to see her starp on some catchers gear and throw a baseball as well I am sure she would happily show you what she can do. She started for the Midway varsity baseball team as a freshman and sophomore in the outfield and second base and was starting SS and Catcher for GF Central fast pitch Junior year.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:18 am

Okay back on track now. Now that we are 6 or 7 games away from  tourney play, who are everyones state tourney picks and how do they finish?
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby shotcaller1 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:40 am

region 2 could be anyone. Dakota Prairie, Midway-Minto, Hatton-Northwood. they are all state capable teams. its gona come down to who's playin good ball in crunch time. gillett's are tough but they can't do everything for DP, look at there 2 loses, kirstie with big numbers both games which she'll always give you and jenna big numbers the game she played adn the other game she dint play in noone else really stepped up. it's gona be tough for them when they meet a good defensive team who pressures the ball
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sioux10 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:25 pm

I think midway-minto has a very skilled and athletic point guard in betsy dickson. what part of her game does she need to step up??  the schusters have been playing well and so have kristin alphson and jessica schanilec

but i think that the whole team needs to step it up because if they get to regionals and are playing like they are now, they will get dominated by dp and hatton northwood.  who by the way, have two of the best players in the state hands down in Kirstie Gillett and Abby Reiter
Last edited by sioux10 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sioux10

Postby shotcaller1 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:09 pm

sioux10 wrote:I think midway-minto has a very skilled and athletic point guard in betsy dickson. what part of her game does she need to step up??  the schusters have been playing well and so have kristin alphson and jessica schanilec

but i think that the whole team needs to step it up because if they get to regionals and are playing like they are now, they will get dominated by dp and hatton northwood.  who by the way, have two of the best players in the state hands down in Kirstie Gillett and Abby Reiter

i agree completely with you about dickson. she's an amazing point gaurd, she sees the whole floor and will get the ball where it needs to be. if she can put 15 or more pts up per game tourney time and the schusters keep scoring they will be very tough to beat again. hands down to gillett and reiter also, awesome bball players. these are 3 funnest players to watch in this region. heart,desire, and determination, everyone of them has it and shows it
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby zxqw11 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:10 pm

i think there are many team in region 2 that could take it

zxqw11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sioux10 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:38 pm

tough action in district 4 midway minto and drayton st. thomas play on tuesday...who do think is gonna win? 
sioux10

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:15 am

I agree, Betsy needs to look to score more, she can get herself open looks.  She makes Sara Schuster look great with the wide open shots she gets.  But it has never been her game (to look to score first, passing 2nd).  She is the glue for that team, making everyone look better.  As she goes, so goes M-M.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shotcaller1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:29 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:I agree, Betsy needs to look to score more, she can get herself open looks.  She makes Sara Schuster look great with the wide open shots she gets.  But it has never been her game (to look to score first, passing 2nd).  She is the glue for that team, making everyone look better.  As she goes, so goes M-M.

very true good point, she has that team on her back no questions. she gets schuster everything she has along with M-M
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thesports_guy32 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:02 am

i'll take M-M in round 2. the first game they played poorly, missing easy buckets and not clicking on offense. i think coach rice will make the neccesary adjustments to slow down D-ST and if they execute on offense they will come out on top.
thesports_guy32

Postby bestinthewest » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:56 pm

Region 5, defenitly New Salem. if anyone has anyone doubts that New Salem won't make state again, you are completely mistaken. New Salem played Shiloh tonight, they won 38-36(very thrilling game). Teryl norton didnt score more than 8 or 10 points. Sami Lauf put the moves on down under and hit a three wen it counted and Mekenzie Kautzman hit 2 clutch 3 pointers from the corner and a layup in the 4th quarter. Point is, When the star player gets shut down defensivly, the rest of the team steps up and scores. good district win for New Salem tonight.
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:06 pm

M-M needs to get production from more than one player to beat D-ST.  Last game I heard K. Schuster was about 4 for 20 on FG.  I doubt she will have a night like that again.  D-ST will need to show that they can bounce back after a very weak performance against Cavalier.  I say it will be a 39-38 game.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:09 pm

I have M-M 46-41. Should be a fantastic game! Wish I could be there to watch it.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Watcher 007 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:16 am

Beat Shiloh only by a couple and you say they are going to state in that Region. If they play again, I would bet Shiloh gets the upperhand. It will be fun to watch and see how that Region plays out.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby bestinthewest » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:41 pm

the exact same thing happened last year except the game went into overtime in the regular season. more than one i think. and they whooped shiloh in the district and regional finals. No Norton No problem, any of the starters can score and defend. New Salem is a lock for a third trip to state.

just out of the blue, i was wondering, whats the most consecutive trips a girls team has made it to state?......just wondering dont freak out.
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby vballfan06 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:01 pm

i'm not sure what most consecutive trips to the state tourney is: but it's more than 3.  Esmond had a run there in the 80s, washburn, braddock, and watford city have all had at least a 3-peat (I believe).  
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:06 pm

InTheKnow wrote:I have M-M 46-41. Should be a fantastic game! Wish I could be there to watch it.

I was pretty close on the M-M side of the score. Final M-M 47- D/St T 35. Held D/St T to 2 points in the first quarter and then put up 19 themselves in the fourth to put it away. I still think M-M will put it together at tourney time and win the district crown.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:01 am

looks like M-M is playing that same stingy defense they had last year when they took second in state. coach rice did a great job preparing his girls for this game. in my opinion, the best coach in district 4.
thesports_guy32

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:13 pm

baseball wrote:i like botno's chance at a repeat.

i am the smartest man alive:) haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:40 pm

vballfan06 wrote:i'm not sure what most consecutive trips to the state tourney is: but it's more than 3.  Esmond had a run there in the 80s, washburn, braddock, and watford city have all had at least a 3-peat (I believe).  

If I'm not mistaken, Esmond's run was 7 or 8 straight years.  I think it was from 81-88 with the last two years being cooped with Maddock.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Girls