Who wins it all

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ladyballer11 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:23 am

AGREED-

to all the girls in the eastern part of the state...good luck..use what WESTFAN wrote to make you play that much harder...good luck!
ladyballer11

Postby Stromer » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:20 pm

I will be bold and predict we can write off Region 4 before the season even begins.:(
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:30 pm

four winds probably won't dominate the way they did last year with the loss of talent...wells county has a couple of girls back, but they graduated weigelt...carrington graduated a bunch i think...that is about all i know about district 7

in the other district, i think that adams edmore graduated their stud point guard...langdon doesn't have anyone of any real consequence (compared to the last couple of years anyway)...hmmm...

all in all it does seem like that region might be down?
rep

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:05 am

Minnewaukan-Leeds lost one senior last year who didnt do much for them. They return a good senior class with a great junior/sophmore class. I wouldnt say you can write this region out before the season begins. They play Kindred the 9th of December in Bismarck, that should be a good game.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby rkmt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:57 am

I see Dakota Prairie and Carrington were scheduled to play last night 11/28.  did that game get postponed? I couldn't find a score on it.  I wasn't surprised to see the Hatton-Northwood score.  Should be a lot of good battles in Reg 2 as always.  
Last edited by rkmt on Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller23 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:07 pm

It was canceld because of bad weather towards Carrington so they canceled and rescheduled for December 30
baller23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TKR53 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:16 pm

Hatton-Northwood and Dakota Prairie play on the 19th in McVille.  Should be a great game and it will show who will be the favorite in Region 2.
TKR53
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:15 pm

Stromer wrote:I will be bold and predict we can write off Region 4 before the season even begins.:(

LM beat Kindred down in Bismarck the 9th of Dec.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby dpsenior » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:11 pm

Dakota prairie will be stong this year not only because of kirstie but you have to look at jill and jenna and maddi who have stepped there game up greatly jenna is dominating the inside letting kirstie handle the ball more and move to outside somewhat and jill and maddi can really hit the 3 ball and so can bobbi when it counts
dpsenior

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:31 pm

Wow westfan... I am completely amazed at that Region 2 comment. You must not have ever seen Dakota Prairie play.. and if you have, you need to watch the games alot closer. I don't know that much about the west. They could be good, or you could just be talking them up. But Dakota Prairie is definately not overrated. And they are not centered around one overrated player. In fact, I wouldn't even say they are centered around any players. They have alot of talent, and Kirstie Gillett sticks out. The team isn't centered around her. Before I watched them play this year, I knew they would be tough because of Kirstie and Jenna. Those two are very dominant. But after watching the play of their gaurds, I have no problem saying they have a great chance at WINNING state. Not just going to state. I watched Midway-Minto play (and lose) against Hatton-Northwood, and Midway Minto did not impress me that much. They are good, but DP can match them guard for guard, and they have posts inside that Midway-Minto will have alot of trouble stopping. DP has already beat Hatton-Northwood, granted Abby Reiter was in foul trouble the whole game and saw very little playing time, and Erin Ericson not having the best shooting performance. But even if Abby played her usual minutes, and Erin shooting as she has been of late, It would still be tough for them to top DP. This Dakota Prairie team is one of the better girls b-ball teams i have seen for a long time. They did lose their season opener to Adams-Edmore, but they play them again this week, and I would not be at all surprised if they beat AE. I'm not saying anything bad about the teams in the west. Their more than likely is some very talented teams in the west. But you can't say a team like DP is overrated. You saying that, especially before you have seen them play THIS season, well it's just not right. I am also guessing you picked Midway Minto from Region 2 because they took 2nd in state last year, and didn't lose all that many seniors? Dakota Prairie didn't lose anyone of significance.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby PA42 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:01 am

i still think district four has three or four really nice teams that will compete at regionals. midway-minto has struggled but their in the picture for obvius reasons. Park River Fordville is undefeated and has a very nice team. Drayton St. Thomas and Cavalier are both having nice seasons as well so thats a tough district. and for my darkhouse for district three...central valley. I think they will sneak into regionals and we'll see what happens. if their is one team playing together it is the valliants of central valley.
PA42

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:38 am

I would cancel your darkhouse out of that. they have proven they can win, but they haven't proven they can win against tough teams. I would think Griggs County, with a healthy Amanda dude, has a better shot at making regions than Central Valley.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby PA42 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:22 am

when will amanda dude be healthy?
PA42

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:10 pm

Amanda tried playing in December, and hurt it again. She is waiting this time until it is good to go. I don't think she wants to take any more chances with it. So it could be anywhere from within the next couple of weeks or maybe towards tournament time.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby bestinthewest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:31 pm

New Salem has the most state tournament experience out of any team in the state right now. they have quick, talented girl in Norton, McKenzie Kautzman is super fast and can steal the ball at any moment. she is prone to get in foul trouble though. Mary Tellman can shoot the trey second only to Norton and has some inside moves. Sami Lauf and Andrea Seeger arent very tall but either one can score 20+ a night. Briana Toepke provides some good defense off the bench. Any of the starters can score also.  just dont count out New Salem to come out victorious at the tourney. they also will likely go undeafeated throught the regular season and till state tourney time.
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby LiveForHim » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:15 am

Midway Minto lost one player that played and she only played because one of there starters went down with a knee injury. so midway minto has a good chance because they took 2nd last year.
LiveForHim
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:25 am

LiveForHim wrote:Midway Minto lost one player that played and she only played because one of there starters went down with a knee injury. so midway minto has a good chance because they took 2nd last year.

They better start steppin up the play then if they want a chance at a repeat trip to state. They do have alot back, its easy to see that. But where is the Betsy Dickson from last year? She doesn't seem to be playing up to what she should be playing. The Schuster's are having a great year, and Jess Schanilek is doing a good job of gettin the ball down the floor. I would say Betsy Dickson is going to have step up her  game a little bit. That would give Midway-Minto a little better chance of that repeat. A LITTLE better chance. I'm still sticking with DP.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:12 pm

Just to say a little bit more about Dakota Prairie, they beat the #3 team in the state, in Adams-Edmore.. But they did not only beat them, they beat them without half of the Gillett duo for over half the game. Jenna Gillett goes down in the second, and they still pull off and 8 point victory. They got a heck of a team.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby baseball » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:29 pm

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:Just to say a little bit more about Dakota Prairie, they beat the #3 team in the state, in Adams-Edmore.. But they did not only beat them, they beat them without half of the Gillett duo for over half the game. Jenna Gillett goes down in the second, and they still pull off and 8 point victory. They got a heck of a team.

is she expected to play their next game or whats the deal there?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:44 pm

baseball wrote:
thunderbaseball_38 wrote:Just to say a little bit more about Dakota Prairie, they beat the #3 team in the state, in Adams-Edmore.. But they did not only beat them, they beat them without half of the Gillett duo for over half the game. Jenna Gillett goes down in the second, and they still pull off and 8 point victory. They got a heck of a team.

is she expected to play their next game or whats the deal there?

Haven't heard.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:42 pm

wow thats quite the blow if she cant play for awhile.  i hope she gets 100% soon.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:54 pm

She gets an MRI tomorrow.. That is all I have heard
thunderbaseball_38

Postby ladyballer11 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:29 pm

an update on jenna gillett:

mri results show partial mcl tear and deep bone bruises...which means no surgery and a 2-3 week recovery...look for her to return when Dakota Prarie needs her most! she's one of the toughest girls around and will have no problem whatsoever getting back into the swing of things
ladyballer11

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:13 pm

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
LiveForHim wrote:Midway Minto lost one player that played and she only played because one of there starters went down with a knee injury. so midway minto has a good chance because they took 2nd last year.

They better start steppin up the play then if they want a chance at a repeat trip to state. They do have alot back, its easy to see that. But where is the Betsy Dickson from last year? She doesn't seem to be playing up to what she should be playing. The Schuster's are having a great year, and Jess Schanilek is doing a good job of gettin the ball down the floor. I would say Betsy Dickson is going to have step up her  game a little bit. That would give Midway-Minto a little better chance of that repeat. A LITTLE better chance. I'm still sticking with DP.

I havent seen M-M play yet this year but what part of Dickson's game to you is lacking? If you are expecting her to score 15 a game you probably wont see that because she is too much of a team player. She is probably averaging more per game this year then last year. What sets her apart is her defense, rebounding, and poise on the floor. The box in the paper doesnt begin to show what she brings to the team. In districts last year she had a game where she scored 2 points, had like 16 rebounds, 6 steals, and 7 assists. In the post game interview on the radio they asked her if she knew how many points and rebounds she had in the game and her reply was "I have no idea, all I know is we got the job done and are moving on the the title game". Thats the kind of leader you get from her. If you had just looked at the paper you would have thought she had a terrible game.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:19 pm

InTheKnow wrote:I havent seen M-M play yet this year but what part of Dickson's game to you is lacking? If you are expecting her to score 15 a game you probably wont see that because she is too much of a team player. She is probably averaging more per game this year then last year. What sets her apart is her defense, rebounding, and poise on the floor. The box in the paper doesnt begin to show what she brings to the team. In districts last year she had a game where she scored 2 points, had like 16 rebounds, 6 steals, and 7 assists. In the post game interview on the radio they asked her if she knew how many points and rebounds she had in the game and her reply was "I have no idea, all I know is we got the job done and are moving on the the title game". Thats the kind of leader you get from her. If you had just looked at the paper you would have thought she had a terrible game.

Thank you. I watched her last year in the state b and I thought she was an excellent point guard. A great defender, she could handle the ball, and she always hooked up whoever was open. Let alone she can pull down rebounds what more do you want from a PG? Yeah, she could score more but if she'd rather dish the ball, every team needs an unselfish person like that too. 
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Girls