Who wins it all

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Mr. Me Too » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:55 pm

Who Wins it all this year. . .will bottineau repeat or do you go with the favorite Dakota Prairie
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby meatball » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:37 am

I would have to say i would go with Dakota Prairie. I think they are going to be tough to beat
meatball

Postby baseball » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:57 am

i like botno's chance at a repeat.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:59 am

baseball wrote:i like botno's chance at a repeat.

how come? i thought they lost about half their offense with aide and neubauer graduating?
rep

Postby baseball » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:01 am

if i remember right aide wasnt looked to score, she was more of the ball handler and out there to cause problems on the defensive end.  they return everyone except neubaurer, reomich? will be amazing once again. and they are very well coached.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsperson » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:57 pm

Kayla Roemmich from Bottineau is only going to be a junior, but Sarah Neubauer and Kelsey Aide both graduated.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:33 pm

i forgot about roemmich...i only remembered the roemmich on the boys' team that graduated last spring (i think)...what else is there in region 6? is bottno pretty much the cream of the crop before the season starts?
rep

Postby baller23 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:17 pm

[font=tahoma]I think region two should be [/font][font=tahoma]very intresting either coming down to Dakota Prairie, Midway-Minto, or Hatton Northwood.. we will see how districts will go against Hatton-Northwood and Dakota Prairie end up...maybe even Hillsboro will be in there..who knows!we will just have to see![/font]
Last edited by baller23 on Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baller23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hunter48 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:44 pm

Botno will be good but all they really have for offensive power is Kayla R.  But she has been having problems with her knees so there chances rest of her knees.  I believe Kenmare will have a better chance of going to state this year out of that region. They can match Botno with height and they have some scrappy gaurds that can score in Kaitie Nelson and Kendra Miller.
Last edited by hunter48 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hunter48

Postby sportsperson » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:24 pm

Kenmare is a going to be a very young, talented team that can go inside or oustide.  They've got good size with girls like Keri Nelson and strong guard play as already mentioned. They'll be a force in all girls sports for the next couple of years as their younger girls keep improving.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:25 pm

sportsperson wrote:Kenmare is a going to be a very young, talented team that can go inside or oustide.  They've got good size with girls like Keri Nelson and strong guard play as already mentioned. They'll be a force in all girls sports for the next couple of years as their younger girls keep improving.

will they at all be hurt early in the year with players going to the state volleyball tournament?
rep

Postby COACHWEST » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:08 am

It may hurt them for a little while but will do nothing but help in the long run.  Kenmare's girls are very athletic and also competative.  As long as they can all get along, they will be a force for several years.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby westfan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:50 am

Very hard to pick who wins it all. Not like last year...There is no one team that stands tall above the rest.

As far as Kenmare goes, do they win it all... No, they don't have the size or the point scorers to put the points on the board. They lost there main scorer in Kayla Miller last year and Keri Nelson will have to be much tougher in the paint for this to happen. They put 4 players on the court at about 5'-6" and 1 at around 6'. This is not to say they don't scrap there way to the Region 6 Championship game, but Bottineau and Bishop Ryan will have something to say about that.

There is a lot of talk about these schools but I feel:

Region 1: Kindred wins ....Don't here much about this school.

Region 2: Dakota Prairie = Overrated (rely on one over rated player)....Midway/Minto wins the region.

Region 3: LMM= Overrated (See above)....Don Hanson's favorite team, must have a granddaughter on the team. Either way they hold on to win the Region.

Region 4: Minnewaukan-Leeds...Good team will win the Region.

Region 5: New Salem will win with experience. Not much opposition in Region.

Region 6: Bottineau will win Region again, girls will use experience and a winning tradition.

Region 7: Bowman is picked as a favorite but is another Don Hanson coin flip winner. I say Dickinson Trinity = Big school and Big Region Champion.

Region 8: Tioga is picked to win but (one good player does not win a Region Championship) when the smoke clears Stanley wins the Region Championship in a nail biter.

The State B Champion will come from one of the 4 west Regions this year again. 

westfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hunter48 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:04 am

westfan wrote:Very hard to pick who wins it all. Not like last year...There is no one team that stands tall above the rest.

As far as Kenmare goes, do they win it all... No, they don't have the size or the point scorers to put the points on the board. They lost there main scorer in Kayla Miller last year and Keri Nelson will have to be much tougher in the paint for this to happen. They put 4 players on the court at about 5'-6" and 1 at around 6'. This is not to say they don't scrap there way to the Region 6 Championship game, but Bottineau and Bishop Ryan will have something to say about that.

Region 2: Dakota Prairie = Overrated (rely on one over rated player)....Midway/Minto wins the region.

Region 3: LMM= Overrated (See above)....Don Hanson's favorite team, must have a granddaughter on the team. Either way they hold on to win the Region.

Region 6: Bottineau will win Region again, girls will use experience and a winning tradition.

Region 7: Bowman is picked as a favorite but is another Don Hanson coin flip winner. I say Dickinson Trinity = Big school and Big Region Champion.

Region 8: Tioga is picked to win but (one good player does not win a Region Championship) when the smoke clears Stanley wins the Region Championship in a nail biter.

I agree about what you said about Region 8.  Bratlien is good for Tioga but she cant do it alone.  IF you look at last year when Tioga was without her they were not a very good team.  She makes them alot better but I dont think she can win it for them.  Stanley will have a very experienced team but they will have to get through the first half of the season with only about 6 players on there team due to suspensions and sicknesses.  But by the end of the season they will be a factor in Region 8.  Another team in region 8 that could compete is Divide County.  They really came on in volleyball and really improved so thta might carry over to basketball and they have a chance to be playing at the end competing to go to state.  Also you have to throw New Town and Watford City in there because they both have great coaches and everyone knows that is has been those two teams dominating that region for the past five years or so.
hunter48

Postby baseball » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:15 am

westfan wrote:Very hard to pick who wins it all. Not like last year...There is no one team that stands tall above the rest.

are all these teams and players overrated because they arent in the western part of the state???
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Diamond D » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:01 am

"Don Hanson's favorite team, must have a granddaughter on the team."

Good guess, but wrong.  All his grandkids are too small yet and his nieces are either in college or just out of college.  I will ask him when I see him at our family Thanksgiving next weekend.

Last edited by Diamond D on Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond D

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:12 am

westfan wrote:Region 2: Dakota Prairie = Overrated (rely on one over rated player)

Are you kidding me?
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballer2 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:40 am

I dont think i see a way steele can lose... they will be good and by far the favorite... although im from steele it may shoudn taht way but they will have a good group of girls with an even better coach... steele will win that region and has a good chance on a title run...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:39 pm

lets get lmm, or any district 5 team for that matter, into a regional championship before we talk about anything else...district 6 has been the dominant of the two in region 3 for the past couple of years and until someone can knock off either linton or steele in the region tournament, i'm not a believer in any district 5 team.

if lmm, or any district 5 team, does beat linton or steele in the region tournament, then i'll definately be more willing to dole out state tournament talk and overall credit...there are having good and there are having great seasons.

district 5 has had some teams with good seasons lately, but certainly not great.
rep

Postby fish » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:43 am

First off,

In region 7 everyone continually thinks that Bowman and Trinity are the only two good teams this however is a mere misconseption.  First off, Mott/Regent beat bowman in the District 13 Championship last year and placed 4th in the Region because they lost in the semi final to Richardton Taylor by 2.  Trinity then won Region 7 and only 2 weeks before Mott/Regent only lost to them by 1. Bowman lost alot of girls beth landsteiner, megan palceswki, and cora nasset. Trinity alos lost alot of girls steph franzen, mary koppinger, amanda booke, and alyca linch. Those were all key girls.  Now Mott/Regent only lost 2 seniors.  They also return Heather Mosbrucker, Lacey Jacobs, Gwen Coppa, Jadian Kirschmenn, Holly Jordan, and Kim and Heather Schaible who all started or played varsity time last year.  I think you need to give the Wildfire a shot at Region 7!!!
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby westfan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:45 am

Looks like I struck a nerve with a few. But that's OK, it creates more discussion.

Basically I made some of my picks based on (Could the Region Champion pull off the victory with out their (Star or Best Player or Stud whatever you want to call it).

Now, can LMM do without Kristen Cuypers, could Tioga do it without Abby Bratlien, can DP do it without Kirstie Gillet, can Minnewauken-Leeds do it without Hope Keller, can Stanley do it without Courtney Egge, can Bottineau do it without Kayla Roemmich. Nobody knows where fate will take each of these teams. These are all great Class B players that help their team tremendously. But does the team fall apart without them on the court for some reason or another (injury or sickness). No one knows how a team reacts to losing a particular player. The teams that can overcome this kind of adversity will be a winner. Now, I do hope each one of these players is healthy and still competing at the end of the year....but, what-if. 

No one can predict what teams will be playing in the Region Championship Game at the end of the year. It will be the teams that survives the war throughout the year. The team that wins their particular Region Championship has survived the war and has overcome many adversities throughout the whole season.

So people, take Preseason predictions with a grain of salt.... No one can predict the winner of each Region right now, not me, not Don Hanson, not even Carnac.

So have fun, cheer for your particular team and just enjoy the ND Class B experience.

westfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:55 am

so teams in the west have a better chance of winning when losing a key player is what you are saying?  of course its tough when you lose your best player, but teams aren't ranked 1,2,3 etc... in the state not just because they have one good player.  they are ranked that high because they have a good team (many players not 1).  The reason names like Gillet and Cuypers are used when talking about DP and LMM is because they are the best players on the team yes, but they arent the only good players on the team, they are just better then the rest of the good players on the team.
Last edited by baseball on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller23 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:43 pm

Here is what i HAVE to say i totally agree with baseball about "are these teams overrated bacause they arent in the west part of that state!" Well we will just have to see then wont we!
baller23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketball1234 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:13 am

so west fan are you going to guarantee that the state champ will come from the west? and another question have you ever seen any of the teams from the east regions play??
basketball1234
NDPreps Rookie

Postby basketball4321 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:18 am

I agree with basketball1234....you probably havent seen the eastern teams play..but lets just see who makes it there in the end and wins it all
basketball4321

Next

Return to Girls