Region Tourneys

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region Tourneys

Postby NoIinTeam » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:44 pm

He is the dad of a player on the team but not the dad of the one who received his chewing out.
NoIinTeam
NDPreps Starter

Postby NoIinTeam » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Also, even if it were his daughter, his reaction should not be justified or tolerated.
NoIinTeam
NDPreps Starter

Postby 14OldSchool » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:02 pm

Sounds like one of those "What would you do" television shows on ABC
"You are in the Army. You're in my Army. Everyday between three and five." - Coach Norman Dale
14OldSchool
NDPreps Reserve

Postby airmail » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:16 pm

I read the blog post, and was thinking to myself - "it really couldn't have been as bad as it sounds..."
Well, I guess those that were there have said otherwise.

Sickening.
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:26 pm

From my perspective as a fan for a team that played Maple Valley 3 times this year, I have never felt that the head coach of Maple Valley is actually in charge of that team (interesting that he did get Region 1 Coach of the Year, however). He must be a very patient person to have the title of "head coach" but still be able to tolerate the "input" he receives from his assistant. I don't think a lot of head coaches could put up with that. Granted, Maple Valley has come a LONG way in the past few years, from being the bottom of District 2 to the Region 1 runner-ups and a lot probably has to do with this assistant coach and his daughter. (And you're right, it was not his daughter that he was yelling at last night.) But I do feel bad when those girls get yelled at by him. They worked hard enough and wanted it badly enough, they just got out-played by a team that has a lot of big-game experience and includes two future D1 athletes. None of those girls have anything to hang their heads about.

NoIinTeam wrote:That was very well written and very true to the point as what appeared to occur.
The head coach (Region 1 Coach of the year) needs to take control of that assistant instead of the assistant controlling the head coach.
If that were my child getting yelled at I would be having a very serious conversation with that moronic assistant coach. If he doesn't change his style I would expect the head coach or even the administration to step in and rectify the situation.
He obviously has some anger issues that need to be worked on.
High School activities are meant to be fun and something to remember forever. Sadly I'm guessing that particular girl will remember this game for the wrong reasons.
There's no place for that attitude and reaction from a coach in high school sports. From what I've heard it's not the first time he's been out of the head coach's control.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cardinal10 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:40 pm

What was all the commotion in the stands at the Region 6 tourney about? Watched the game on BEK and the cameras went to the crowd but the announcers didn't really know. Anybody explain?
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:11 pm

Maple Valley is a class act school, and should be very proud of their program. They will be strong for the next few years. Its tough when a fantastic season ends with a loss, but its sad that it had to end with a black eye like this.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:53 pm

bruins44 wrote:I believe the assistant coach you are talking about is the players dad

It wasn't the assistant coach yelling at her daugher...it was another player
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby NoIinTeam » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:42 am

Not HER daughter. HIS daughter. Male assistant coach not female.
NoIinTeam
NDPreps Starter

Postby NoIinTeam » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:43 am

......... and yes you are right, he was yelling at someone else's daughter.
NoIinTeam
NDPreps Starter

Postby johnson11111 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:58 am

cardinal10 wrote:What was all the commotion in the stands at the Region 6 tourney about? Watched the game on BEK and the cameras went to the crowd but the announcers didn't really know. Anybody explain?

Not worth commenting on!!!!
johnson11111
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Runninganalyzer » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:15 am

If in fact this coach you all are talking about just happens to be the Uncle of this player you are talking about if I am not mistaken
Runninganalyzer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NoIinTeam » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:47 am

Wow!!! He's an uncle to her? Must be some nice holiday get togethers.

Being a relative does not give anyone the go ahead to chew out a player at that level.
NoIinTeam
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:23 pm

I Think Young Dan Gundi is a good writer (local dude.... and he called that game and seen it with his own eyes)....he is a huge addition to KFGO....I find it so interesting that even on a forum where "high school players are to be promoted" (NDpreps True intention),,,,,people come on and say "well I don't think that happened"...."well that was his daughter" well this, well that....I stumbled upon this article while cycling my daily news run........and ya know what?.......... I found it profoundly appropriate for ndpreps.. :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Girls