2012-13 Region 1 Predictions

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2012-13 Region 1 Predictions

Postby wolves65 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:17 am

dont have to be bias, both techs were legit at the time they were called. The shove in the back was a bad move on the MV girl and the when the bench T was called the game was over. IMO the game was not called very well. It got very physical and things got a bit out of hand towards the end. As far as the game Dooley's length really caused Nudell problems and that was the key to the game. Not sure what she scored on the night but she had a tough night. They will play again and who knows how it goes but tonight it wasn't MV's night. CCass really played good D on the role players and that was huge tonight. Pautz got one early look and hit it, gave them a 5-2 lead and after that things were tough.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bisonfan11 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:39 am

I better start by saying I'm not from Central Cass.

HOWEVER, some things I love about their basketball program.

1) they're well coached. Mears does a nice job. Before him, Kraft did a very nice job as well. There's a reason why they're playing good ball right now in the season compared to the thumping they took from Thompson early in the season.

2) their program has been built on playing solid man-to-man defense. I'm a firm believer that in order to play a great zone--you need to have a great understanding of defensive principles. This is definitely not the most athletic team CC has had in recent years....but these kids really have bought into being defenders

3) roles/game situations: goes back to being well coached. The kids seem to know their roles every year. You don't see many CC kids put up ill advised shots.

I'd say their biggest weakness this winter is ball handling. To beat them there needs to be pressure on their ball handlers and force them to get up and down the court.
bisonfan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:52 am

Maple Valley has had a tough schedule on the road, and have been successful. They beat a tough Shiloh team in Bismarck, a ranked team (at the time) Kindred at Kindred, and successfully beat out Valley City for their 2nd BCT championship. They deserve the recognition they have received, but now the hard part of the season starts, and they will have to focus on the mental game to get through tournament time. Nudell will always be double or triple teamed from now on, and the coaching is going to have to accept that, and it won't seem like the opponents are doing it fairly especially when its your kid that is double or triple teamed.

Breske or Nudell....Nudell. (The score on the board doesn't change that.)
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby wolves65 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:26 am

scoobyx2 wrote:Maple Valley has had a tough schedule on the road, and have been successful. They beat a tough Shiloh team in Bismarck, a ranked team (at the time) Kindred at Kindred, and successfully beat out Valley City for their 2nd BCT championship. They deserve the recognition they have received, but now the hard part of the season starts, and they will have to focus on the mental game to get through tournament time. Nudell will always be double or triple teamed from now on, and the coaching is going to have to accept that, and it won't seem like the opponents are doing it fairly especially when its your kid that is double or triple teamed.

Since when is a double team an issue fairness? That doesn't give a coach/parent the right to chew on an official. Mr. Nudell works the officials from the tip to the buzzer and being "the assistant coach" to me that is out of line. It would be interesting to me to see how he would react if a coach did the same thing to him when he was calling a game.
Also the question of Breske or Nudell is not fair to either girl. They have different skill sets and the teams play a different style of basketball. Give them both credit the things they do well and leave it at that.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:46 am

wolves65 wrote:Also the question of Breske or Nudell is not fair to either girl. They have different skill sets and the teams play a different style of basketball. Give them both credit the things they do well and leave it at that.

lol...people with different skill sets are compared all the time
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby wolves65 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:22 pm

in this case it applies, Breske is more of a guard and Nudell is a post/forward. Breske is a way better guard/shooter and Nudell is better on the boards and inside. SO tell me genius how do you compare a guard to a center and decide which is better?
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:03 pm

wolves65 wrote:in this case it applies, Breske is more of a guard and Nudell is a post/forward. Breske is a way better guard/shooter and Nudell is better on the boards and inside. SO tell me genius how do you compare a guard to a center and decide which is better?

who would you rather start your team with? who adds more value to the team? saying you can't compare a guard to a post player and know who is better is like saying you can't tell who is better between Lebron James and Serge Ibaka because they don't play the position. balla45 makes lists of his best players all the time and he doesn't separate them by position.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:22 pm

In my opinion:
Who is the best player right now: Breske or Nudell? Breske
Who has the better potential: Breske or Nudell? Nudell

Both are great players and are the class of the District/Region.

Also to note: Senior Athlete Award will go to Breske this season over Nicole Warren (Oakes) from District 1.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby wolves65 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Flip wrote:
wolves65 wrote:in this case it applies, Breske is more of a guard and Nudell is a post/forward. Breske is a way better guard/shooter and Nudell is better on the boards and inside. SO tell me genius how do you compare a guard to a center and decide which is better?

who would you rather start your team with? who adds more value to the team? saying you can't compare a guard to a post player and know who is better is like saying you can't tell who is better between Lebron James and Serge Ibaka because they don't play the position. balla45 makes lists of his best players all the time and he doesn't separate them by position.

I guess if balla45 does it that way it must be right! If I start a team I go Breske because she handles the ball better and is pure shooter. Last night Nudel had issues with a taller player playing her straight up. They didn't double team her until she put it on the floor and then they dropped off. Not every team has an athletic 6-3 post player so not many teams can play her the way CCass did. Also, I would take Breske over Ibaka!
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Nodak Guy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Since when is a double team an issue fairness? That doesn't give a coach/parent the right to chew on an official. Mr. Nudell works the officials from the tip to the buzzer and being "the assistant coach" to me that is out of line. It would be interesting to me to see how he would react if a coach did the same thing to him when he was calling a game.

Great point! Their assistant coach gets away with anything. It's been going on since he got on the bench last year, and it isn't going to stop until his kid graduates. He uses his background as a ref to his advantage and the team also benefits from this. He's been officiating for years, and he was as quick as any to hand out technical fouls to players and coaches. Not a great ref, but he thinks he is - there's some arrogance there. And now he acts however he wants because he knows the other refs (usually from VC) are scared to tell him to shut up and sit down. Any other team would be getting bench technicals. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I'm right. Go to one of their games or wait until Districts/Regionals and check it out for yourself. It's getting old, and it won't stop until the officials decide to grow a pair and sit him down. You might not agree, but it's been a topic of discussion from Fargo to Valley City to Bismarck. Wherever they play, it's been observed.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Nodak Guy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:55 pm

wolves65 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:Maple Valley has had a tough schedule on the road, and have been successful. They beat a tough Shiloh team in Bismarck, a ranked team (at the time) Kindred at Kindred, and successfully beat out Valley City for their 2nd BCT championship. They deserve the recognition they have received, but now the hard part of the season starts, and they will have to focus on the mental game to get through tournament time. Nudell will always be double or triple teamed from now on, and the coaching is going to have to accept that, and it won't seem like the opponents are doing it fairly especially when its your kid that is double or triple teamed.

Also the question of Breske or Nudell is not fair to either girl. They have different skill sets and the teams play a different style of basketball. Give them both credit the things they do well and leave it at that.

Great point! Their assistant coach gets away with anything. It's been going on since he got on the bench last year, and it isn't going to stop until his kid graduates. He uses his background as a ref to his advantage and the team also benefits from this. He's been officiating for years, and he was as quick as any to hand out technical fouls to players and coaches. Not a great ref, but he thinks he is - there's some arrogance there. And now he acts however he wants because he knows the other refs (usually from VC) are scared to tell him to shut up and sit down. Any other team would be getting bench technicals. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I'm right. Go to one of their games or wait until Districts/Regionals and check it out for yourself. It's getting old, and it won't stop until the officials decide to grow a pair and sit him down. You might not agree, but it's been a topic of discussion from Fargo to Valley City to Bismarck. Wherever they play, it's been observed.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:56 pm

wolves65 wrote:

I didn't mean that a double team is unfair. I meant that it will be frustrating for a parent coach to watch it happen. I will also agree that I shouldn't really make the call on who is the better player, but its not to say that the debate doesn't always happen in sports. Both players are very talented. I also believe that a technical foul should always be awarded to the head coach, and any dispute of a call from an assistant to an official should be an automatic technical. The head coach is responsible for his bench, and should be the only one allowed to address an official.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:54 pm

wolves65 wrote:
Flip wrote:

I guess if balla45 does it that way it must be right! If I start a team I go Breske because she handles the ball better and is pure shooter. Last night Nudel had issues with a taller player playing her straight up. They didn't double team her until she put it on the floor and then they dropped off. Not every team has an athletic 6-3 post player so not many teams can play her the way CCass did. Also, I would take Breske over Ibaka!

As my name was brought up, I will comment. I think Nudell is better. She is much more dominant in her position and dominates almost every game that she plays in on a consistent basis. Obviously Breske is talented, but I am very high on Nudell.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby gvmearees » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:48 pm

ballar45 How does Nudell compare with Bohl and Stewart from Ryan
gvmearees
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:14 pm

Now THAT is a great question.

I would personally say that Stewart is the best player, followed by Nudell, followed by Bohl. It is pretty close between the three of them though. I'm a huge fan of all three, and if you add in Freije, it's amazing how good these players are as underclassment.

Freije is a very, very special talent. Was MVP in Nebraska this summer, and had the opportunity to watch her play a few other summer games, and she was far and away the best player at the 15u level, as well as dominating in high school.

Stewart is also incredibly talented. She doesn't have holes in her game and plays sooo well off of Bohl.

Nudell has a great skillset, but would love to see her develop the three ball a bit more in her game. She penetrates so hard, and there are going to be almost no players around who can contain her, but when she gets to college, I think her height is going to force her to be a two or a three, and she will need that extended range. Of course, she does have three and a half years to develop that.

Bohl is my favorite player of these four. Her length is absolutely incredible. She has such long legs and arms that she looks like she is six five instead of six two. I think her potential is absolutely phenomenal. Nice form. Great frame for the next level.

Honestly, you can have any of these four players on your team and you are not going to lose many games.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:00 am

balla45 wrote:Now THAT is a great question.

I would personally say that Stewart is the best player, followed by Nudell, followed by Bohl. It is pretty close between the three of them though. I'm a huge fan of all three, and if you add in Freije, it's amazing how good these players are as underclassment.

Freije is a very, very special talent. Was MVP in Nebraska this summer, and had the opportunity to watch her play a few other summer games, and she was far and away the best player at the 15u level, as well as dominating in high school.

Stewart is also incredibly talented. She doesn't have holes in her game and plays sooo well off of Bohl.

Nudell has a great skillset, but would love to see her develop the three ball a bit more in her game. She penetrates so hard, and there are going to be almost no players around who can contain her, but when she gets to college, I think her height is going to force her to be a two or a three, and she will need that extended range. Of course, she does have three and a half years to develop that.

Bohl is my favorite player of these four. Her length is absolutely incredible. She has such long legs and arms that she looks like she is six five instead of six two. I think her potential is absolutely phenomenal. Nice form. Great frame for the next level.

Honestly, you can have any of these four players on your team and you are not going to lose many games.

Completely agree that these players are very talented. Stewart is my choice as the top player. Her skill sets are strong and she is extremely athletic. Her mental game is what sets her above the rest. I would be confident that she could handle a lot of pressure.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:06 pm

DISTRICT 2
1. Central Cass 7-0 (16-2)
2. Maple Valley 5-2 (15-3)
3. Kindred 5-2 (11-4)
4. Enderlin 4-3 (12-6)
5. Oak Grove 3-4 (12-7)
6. Northern Cass 3-4 (13-5)
7. Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page 1-6 (5-12)
8. Richland 0-7 (0-16)

Final Matchups of Season
Thursday, February 21st
Oak Grove 67 @ Northern Cass 62
Kindred @ Enderlin
Richland 12 @ Maple Valley 56
FSHP @ Central Cass

Scenario #2: OG wins, MV wins, Kindred wins, CC wins
Maple Valley (5-2) receives #2 Seed (win over Kindred 71-52)
Kindred (5-2) receives #3 Seed
Enderlin (4-3) receives #4 Seed
Oak Grove (3-4) receives #5 Seed (with win over NC)
Northern Cass (3-4) receives #6 Seed
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:43 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Barnesville, MN 50 @ #6 Central Cass 41

This surprises me. It seemed like CC was playing great basketball and in all honesty Barnesville is decent, but nothing special.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby GoPack#2 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:09 pm

Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Barnesville, MN 50 @ #6 Central Cass 41

This surprises me. It seemed like CC was playing great basketball and in all honesty Barnesville is decent, but nothing special.

Central Cass played awful last night they didnt shoot the ball well at all. In the 4th quarter it seemed like all they did on offense was bring it up court make one pass and cast a three.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:13 pm

District Tourneys are set
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:16 pm

Records to be added when seasons finish...

District 1
1st Round @ Higher Seed; Rest of Tourney @ Oakes
February 28th, March 1st, 2nd & 4th

Thursday, February 28th
G1: #8 Sargent Central @ #1 Lisbon (10-9)
G2: #5 North Sargent @ #4 F-C-T

Friday, March 1st
G3: #7 Lidgerwood-Wyndmere @ #2 Milnor
G4: #6 Hankinson @ #3 Oakes (11-7)

Saturday, March 2nd
G5: Loser G2 vs. Loser G1
G6: Loser G4 vs. Loser G3
G7: Winner G1 vs. Winner G2
G8: Winner G3 vs. Winner G4

Monday, March 4th
Region Qualifier: Loser G8 vs. Winner G5
Region Qualifier: Loser G7 vs. Winner G6
Championship: Winner G7 vs. Winner G8

District 2
@ Fargo Civic
March 1st, 2nd & 4th

Friday, March 1st
G1: #1 Central Cass (16-3) vs. #8 Richland (0-17)
G2: #4 Enderlin (13-6) vs. #5 Oak Grove (12-7)
G3: #2 Maple Valley vs. #7 Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page
G4: #3 Kindred vs. #6 Northern Cass (13-6)

Saturday, March 2nd

Monday, March 4th
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby MNTwinsFan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:20 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Records to be added when seasons finish...

District 1
1st Round @ Higher Seed; Rest of Tourney @ Oakes
February 28th, March 1st, 2nd & 4th

Thursday, February 28th
G1: #8 Sargent Central @ #1 Lisbon (10-9)
G2: #7 Lidgerwood-Wyndmere @ #2 Milnor
^^Game could be moved if one of the two schools are playing in the BBB Regional on Thursday^^

Friday, March 1st
G3: #5 North Sargent @ #4 F-C-T
G4: #6 Hankinson @ #3 Oakes (11-7)

Saturday, March 2nd
G5: Loser G3 vs. Loser G1
G6: Loser G4 vs. Loser G2
G7: Winner G1 vs. Winner G3
G8: Winner G2 vs. Winner G4

Monday, March 4th

District 2
@ Fargo Civic
March 1st, 2nd & 4th

Friday, March 1st
G1: #1 Central Cass (16-3) vs. #8 Richland (0-17)
G2: #4 Enderlin (13-6) vs. #5 Oak Grove (12-7)
G3: #2 Maple Valley vs. #7 Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page
G4: #3 Kindred vs. #6 Northern Cass (13-6)

Saturday, March 2nd

Monday, March 4th

Run, any predictions?

Here are my BOLD predictions :)
District 1
North Sargent Over Milnor in Championship
Lisbon and Oakes Advancing in Regional Qualifiers

District 2
Central Cass over MV in Championship
Kindred and OG Advancing in Regional Qualifiers
MNTwinsFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:05 pm

I'll worry about predictions after Thursday night (North Sargent & Lisbon win in District 1's thursday matchups)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby leroybla » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Dist. 2 - Central Cass, Enderlin, Maple Valley and Kindred win first round games.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Congrats to Oak Grove's Tatum Holt on scoring her 1,000th Point in today's quarterfinal matchup!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

PreviousNext

Return to Girls