2012-13 GBB Season

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2012-13 GBB Season

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:09 am

Thoughts on top teams/players for next season??
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2012-13 GBB Season

Postby NoIinTeam » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:59 am

Kindred and CC should be near the top in Region 1. Next year will be different because they won't be alone. Maple Valley should be pretty dangerous with Nudell and a couple other players back. A couple other teams look decent too. It will no longer be a two horse race (CC-Kindred).
NoIinTeam
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughD » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:36 am

Minot Bishop Ryan should be very tough again. They return all 8 of their regular players from this year's team that placed 5th at the state tourn.
toughD
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hardball » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:53 am

NoIinTeam wrote:Kindred and CC should be near the top in Region 1. Next year will be different because they won't be alone. Maple Valley should be pretty dangerous with Nudell and a couple other players back. A couple other teams look decent too. It will no longer be a two horse race (CC-Kindred).

I would include Northern Cass in the conversation. They'll bring most of their starters back, and should get Whitney Ward back after knee surgery.
Hardball
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:11 am

Region 4 is going to be tough. LAE, Northstar, Benson Co, Rolla, Midkota, Langdon all return a bunch of good young players. Carrington will probably still be very good as well.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:35 am

Region 2. Heard a buzz that Central Valley and Hillsboro might coop. Anything finalized?
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:19 pm

old#63 wrote:Region 2. Heard a buzz that Central Valley and Hillsboro might coop. Anything finalized?

I don't think that would happen until the 2013-14 season...but not 100% sure
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby coach » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:27 pm

Word on the street is that Central Valley and Hillsborro have finalized their Co-op for next year. Puts both districts 3 and 4 even with 6 teams each.

Region 2 will return a number of good teams. Thompson will be returning their ENTIRE team next year with some younger players coming up too. Park River girls were young and have a descent core coming back next year as well. Valley-Edinburg showed that they can be quite the competition at region 2 tournament. Mayport-CG also has changed their program into a winning program again. Grafton will be deep as always.
coach
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:29 pm

(No particular order)

Region 1 - should be another year of District 2 dominance
Kindred - returns a good core of their team...they lose 2 starters and 2 role players of the bench

Central Cass - returns a good JV and some very good role players from the Varsity...the loss of Dixon and Co. will be tough to replace though

Maple Valley - essentially they return their whole squad...with probably the BEST 8th grader in the State

Northern Cass - they return most of their starters and much of their role players...they should be tough next year if W. Ward makes a full recovery

Oak Grove - lose 2 seniors (1 starter/half the season)...returns 95% of their scoring...depth will be the key

Enderlin - returns many decent young players that got good experience this year...also good young coach that gets the most out of his players
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:43 pm

coach wrote:Word on the street is that Central Valley and Hillsborro have finalized their Co-op for next year. Puts both districts 3 and 4 even with 6 teams each.

Region 2 will return a number of good teams. Thompson will be returning their ENTIRE team next year with some younger players coming up too. Park River girls were young and have a descent core coming back next year as well. Valley-Edinburg showed that they can be quite the competition at region 2 tournament. Mayport-CG also has changed their program into a winning program again. Grafton will be deep as always.

Yes CV's board voted to except a coop proposal for next year in all sports. That'll be a good team in GBB. District 3 will still have 7 teams to district 4's 6 though.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby old#63 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:07 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
coach wrote:Word on the street is that Central Valley and Hillsborro have finalized their Co-op for next year. Puts both districts 3 and 4 even with 6 teams each.

Yes CV's board voted to except a coop proposal for next year in all sports. That'll be a good team in GBB. District 3 will still have 7 teams to district 4's 6 though.

I guess I don't know all the players, but I would guess that would make CV/Hillsboro one of the favorites in R2.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:20 pm

old#63 wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:

I guess I don't know all the players, but I would guess that would make CV/Hillsboro one of the favorites in R2.

CV/Hillsboro and Thompson would be the favorites
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Hinsa » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:31 pm

The CV-Hillsboro co-op is NOT a done deal. CV voted 7-0 to accept Hillsboro's proposal with one exception, the Burro name must be dropped. If that can be worked out, THEN it will be a done deal.

And the co-op would start in 2012-13 for all sports except football, which has to wait for the next two-year realignment in 2013-14.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Hinsa wrote:The CV-Hillsboro co-op is NOT a done deal. CV voted 7-0 to accept Hillsboro's proposal with one exception, the Burro name must be dropped. If that can be worked out, THEN it will be a done deal.

And the co-op would start in 2012-13 for all sports except football, which has to wait for the next two-year realignment in 2013-14.

The source I talked to this weekend told me that the co-op could be for next year for basketball, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what I told.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Hinsa wrote:The CV-Hillsboro co-op is NOT a done deal. CV voted 7-0 to accept Hillsboro's proposal with one exception, the Burro name must be dropped. If that can be worked out, THEN it will be a done deal.

That could get ugly. I'm assuming Hillsboro would want to keep their mascot.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ClassBalways » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:41 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:

That could get ugly. I'm assuming Hillsboro would want to keep their mascot.

HA! They best check with the powers that be. Quite possible but it could be like the Fighting Sioux :wink: Maybe there are animal activists that think it's wrong to use Burro. :lol:
ClassBalways
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:31 am

scc wrote:

My new name idea: East Traill Blazers (even though the co-op isn't exclusively Traill County)

East Traill Blazers? I really hope they don't listen to you.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:59 pm

The Schwab wrote:

The source I talked to this weekend told me that the co-op could be for next year for basketball, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what I told.

Schwabby, I think you meant to say football in this comment. If so, they could petition the NDHSAA to start the co-op for football this coming fall, but we all know how often the NDHSAA allows exceptions. Besides, maybe Hillsboro WANTS to play one more year of nine-man before the co-op bumps them to 11-man. I don't know, just a guess.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Oh I didn't read your first comment correctly, but yes (your first statement) is what I heard from my source too, hope it happens, people seem pretty excited about it.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:16 pm

Hinsa wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

Schwabby, I think you meant to say football in this comment. If so, they could petition the NDHSAA to start the co-op for football this coming fall, but we all know how often the NDHSAA allows exceptions. Besides, maybe Hillsboro WANTS to play one more year of nine-man before the co-op bumps them to 11-man. I don't know, just a guess.

I heard CV had a board meeting and the parents were on board to go to Hillsboro. It sounds as though CV did counter with dropping the burro's. Not sure how Hillsboro feels about that. Can't imagine the co-op won't go through regardless if they drop the name or not, and it is for all sports next year besides football.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby 4thegame » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:06 pm

so which coaches wont be "heading" the program?
4thegame
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:58 pm

My source tells me the co-op went through and it will be the Hillsboro-Central Valley Burros.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:48 pm

4thegame wrote:so which coaches wont be "heading" the program?

So far Morehart and Sondrol will co-coach the girls; Rotvold will coach the boys, Walsh has resigned (good move for Walsh as he was coaching year-round); Olson will coach football, don't know what the lineup of assistants will be; they are still working out how the two head volleyball coaches will work together; wrestling will be as it's always been with the coaches from Hillsboro.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls