Girls Basketball Camps

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Girls Basketball Camps

Postby BBDad » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:07 am

Looking for information about the best summer camps in the area. Would consider just about any in the 3 state area (ND, SD, MN). Let me know please. Got a kid here with more potential than I have knowledge. Thanks.
BBDad
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Girls Basketball Camps

Postby Flip » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:33 pm

I haven't heard anything negative about any camps, but one I have heard good reports from was the positional camps at NDSU.

The easiest way to find camps is to go to a school's athletic page and find a link for camps. Almost every school will have some camps in the summer. Looking myself I've noticed not everyone has their camps posted as of now.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby wolves65 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:18 pm

valley city does a real nice job and you don't have as many kids as you get at NDSU so you do get a bit more contact with the coaches and players. Lets face it all the college camps are money makers for the coaching staff in general. If you are near fargo the high schools do summer school that is like 4-6 weeks so the kid gets to pick up the ball every day during the summer. You don't have to be a member of that school district unless they changed that rule.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby coach » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:04 pm

What groups are you looking at for Basketball camps? High School? Junior High? Middle School? Elementary?
coach
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BBDad » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:12 am

My daugher is going into the 9th grade. She is 5-11, 160, who plays post, forward, and will bring the ball down if asked. She has attended local high school camps and also the Northern State camps in Aberdeen, SD. I think NSU has taught her what they can and I would like to get her to a new camp. See different techniques, hear different coaches, etc...

Thanks for your input.
BBDad
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rock83 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Good to hear your daughter has an interest in improving. Make sure your daughter gets really good at a couple of things. To many people and kids never work on becoming proficient on anything. Northern camp is good at improving the fundamentals and working to get them better at them. You could be a ms basketball and you need a go to move and a counter. Be able to hit the outside jumper and take it off the dribble. While doing all of this keeping the ball tight. That alone will keep a kids busy all summer.

BBDad wrote:My daugher is going into the 9th grade. She is 5-11, 160, who plays post, forward, and will bring the ball down if asked. She has attended local high school camps and also the Northern State camps in Aberdeen, SD. I think NSU has taught her what they can and I would like to get her to a new camp. See different techniques, hear different coaches, etc...

Thanks for your input.
rock83
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls