State Tourney

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Wins State?

Kindred
9%
Grafton
62%
Linton-HMB
6%
Lakota-Adams-Edmore
No votes
Shiloh Christian
3%
Bishop Ryan
No votes
Beach
15%
New Town
6%

Total votes : 34

Re: State Tourney

Postby old#63 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:51 am

packers21 wrote:Ive watched them play about 5 times. They have a very good team the Fredjie sp? girls are both very good, especially Fallyn inside. If their guards can handle Graftons pressure she will eat them up inside.

Are they much for outside shooting?
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:57 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:Plain and simple.... it is tourney time so anything can happen. Any of these teams can make a run and any of them can go in the tank. I have seen Grafton and Kindred play. They have really good athelets and they can both can really defend but I don't think either one of these two teams are playing the best basketball of the year right now. Kindred won the region by playing one really good half of basketball. During the middle of the season, I don't think anybody could beat them but now it is up to the girls to see if they can ramp it up again.

I don't think Region 1 is so weak that a team only needs to play 1 good half to win a trip to State.

Not saying Region 1 is weak at all. Very strong as a matter of fact. I just said that Kindred played well enough to win the games and the first half against CC was not good. The second they played well and if they can put together full games or even 3/4 a good game..... Kindred's Atheltes will show the State what 32 minutes of pressure can do...............
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby wolves65 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:30 am

Is the going to be the 32 minutes of heck they put on Maple Valley, if coach piatz doesn't pull the press in that game they would have lost. In the CC game the reffing style that allowed Kindred to push and hold had everything to do with that victory. If I played CC that is how I would play them to and as long as you can get away with it you do it. Dixon getting hurt also helped IMO.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:56 am

old#63 wrote:
packers21 wrote:Ive watched them play about 5 times. They have a very good team the Fredjie sp? girls are both very good, especially Fallyn inside. If their guards can handle Graftons pressure she will eat them up inside.

Are they much for outside shooting?

They can hit a few yea, they arent A Burns tho, they are gunna try slow it down and pound it inside.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:48 pm

wolves65 wrote:Is the going to be the 32 minutes of heck they put on Maple Valley, if coach piatz doesn't pull the press in that game they would have lost. In the CC game the reffing style that allowed Kindred to push and hold had everything to do with that victory. If I played CC that is how I would play them to and as long as you can get away with it you do it. Dixon getting hurt also helped IMO.

There it is... I have been waiting for a CC fan to throw that in... the Refs... :lol: Dixon still played very well. Yes... Kindred played poorly agains Maple Valley and Maple Valley played the game of their lives. Kindred beat them by 40 in districts. Give Maple Valley credit... they played well. And yes... the first time CC played Kindred they had nothing for the press..... turning the ball over and just being out of their game what did they score like 38 points?... next time they were ready for it and Kindred shot so poorly and CC went to the line and got the win. Not saying Kindred is playing good basketball right now. They only played a good second half but still beat CC............so what I am saying is if that team gets it together for the state tournament.... they will get some wins because I don't think any team will have faced pressure like Kindred can put on a team.
Pressure is easy to beat and score on if you are ready for it.... but if not... it will be a long night.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby wolves65 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:13 pm

They called the game the same both ways, but you have to admit that when the refs let the game be played the way it was it favored Kindred. Glasow mugged Breske the whole second half, it they call some stuff early in the half I think the outcome is different. Central Cass still had chances to win and didn't convert so nobody took the game from them. That game could have gone either way, in the 3rd q when dixon got the offensive foul when she hit schmidt with the elbow that could or should have depending on which town you are from been her 4th and she goes to the bench different game. It has been said all year with this matchup, if is a physical game Kindred- if it is a basketball game Central Cass is the favorite. Same will hold true for their opening round game vs Beach. If the game is called tight it favors Beach. The other issue is Coach Waldahl tends to dictate how the game gets called so I don't see a physical game being called. You said it yourself: Actually it is the official that help you win the games.... Not lose them.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:53 pm

wolves65 wrote:They called the game the same both ways, but you have to admit that when the refs let the game be played the way it was it favored Kindred. Glasow mugged Breske the whole second half, it they call some stuff early in the half I think the outcome is different. Central Cass still had chances to win and didn't convert so nobody took the game from them. That game could have gone either way, in the 3rd q when dixon got the offensive foul when she hit schmidt with the elbow that could or should have depending on which town you are from been her 4th and she goes to the bench different game. It has been said all year with this matchup, if is a physical game Kindred- if it is a basketball game Central Cass is the favorite. Same will hold true for their opening round game vs Beach. If the game is called tight it favors Beach. The other issue is Coach Waldahl tends to dictate how the game gets called so I don't see a physical game being called. You said it yourself: Actually it is the official that help you win the games.... Not lose them.

Let's just agree that all the games where great competition and Kindred and CC will continue to battle for more years to come. Yes a few calls either way can change the game but right or wrong that is the way it is. Bringing up the call on Dixon elbowing Schimdt in the face.... Well that is a foul in any level at any time.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby wolves65 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm

see we have a different view on that call. Schmidt should have been called for the reach before the elbow. The rebound was secured and she and another girl were still poking around at the ball. If you watched the State A's this weekend the same thing happenend in the the Girls champ. game and the call went against the girl who got popped in the jaw. What is the person with the ball suppose to do stand there and let the defense poke at the ball? YOu will never convince me that is a foul on Dixon, either a no call or a reach on Schmidt prior to the elbow to the head. She wasn't swinging the elbows and Schmidt doesn't get hit if she isn't sticking here head in where it doesn't belong.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NodakQ2 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Back to Grafton and Lakota...I've seen them both play a couple times. If Grafton just plays decent, they win by 15-20...If Grafton plays well, it will be over in a hurry. (30+). Lakota just doesn't have the front court to even keep this one close. Fallon Fredjie is tough inside (especially for a Freshman), but can get frustrated easily. Grafton is gonna have to have an off night for this one to be close. I think Lakota will have a tough time scoring 50 in this one. I've seen crazier things happen!
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wolves65 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:29 pm

I agree, have seen both and Lakota is a nice ball club but Grafton in realistic terms should be making a return trip but were knocked off by Central Valley last season. Not sure at this time of year I take anyone by 20 because the teams that are left are good and shouldn't roll over like teams do in the regular season.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NodakQ2 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:49 pm

Lakotas schedule will hurt them at State. I believe the only ranked team they played all year was Carrington and were beat bad both of those times. I think the next best team they beat was Midkota but also lost once to Midkota. The 4th loss was to Mayport? They just haven't played enough good teams and I think it will show at State...
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopfan1 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Agree with nodak & wolves65- but I haven't seen Lakota- only going by what I've heard. Seen grafton only in regions and know that they just have too many weapons/too deep/too quick defensively. However, if the refs call it tight, especially early in the 1st qtr and get 2 fouls on 2 of Grafton's guards- this game could change real quick. Grafton will have nerves the 1st game i am guessing, so i will say 57-47 grafton. Cause I am in Reg 2, i believe grafton is in the ship with bishop ryan.
hoopfan1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby wolves65 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:42 pm

the winner of Beach Kindred will be in the championship vs grafton. Ryan may be a year away, they are young and both Beach and Kindred can get at them with the pressure. If Ryan handles the pressure then the big girls will cause issues but I still think they are a year away.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:30 am

wolves65 wrote:I agree, have seen both and Lakota is a nice ball club but Grafton in realistic terms should be making a return trip but were knocked off by Central Valley last season. Not sure at this time of year I take anyone by 20 because the teams that are left are good and shouldn't roll over like teams do in the regular season.

Grafton was knocked off by Dakota Prairie who in turn was beaten handily by CV last year so I don't believe "realistically" that they should be making a return trip. Also, if Burns doesn't shoot 7 of 7 from the stripe against CV that region championship game is much closer, though Grafton was clearly the better team. I think Grafton beats Lakota by 25+ and wins it all.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:38 am

I am going to laugh really hard if Lakota wins in All after nobody is giving them a chance.

Wolves65 again we agree to disagree on the call and bringing up one call.... I could do the same in the District Champion game... Breske should have been out of the game with 5 plus minutes to go and also she should have been out as well way before the end. :shock:
So let's just leave it as two great teams, either could win state, that played each other tough and Kindred finally won the big one to go to state.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby wolves65 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:51 am

OK maybe but we still win that game, you don't without Schmidt. I think Lakota has a chance but Grafton will have to help them a bit. Everyone has a chance once you get to state and sometimes you need some help to get over the hump. The big girl from Lakota will cause them problems, they just need to stay in the game long enough to get their bigs into foul trouble. If Grafton has a weakness it is a strong low-post player, that is also where Kindred could give them fits. You just have to slow the game down and make them play in the half court.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:09 pm

POLL HAS BEEN ADDED!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:20 am

Class B State Tourney Website

http://activities.educ8.org/index.html
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:43 pm

Shiloh looks strong defensively and you can really notice how young New Town is...

HALFTIME
Shiloh Christian 32
New Town 19

Rebounding Battle
SC 28 NT 15
FG Percentage
SC 28.6% NT 18.5%
Fouls
SC 7 NT 12
Points off Turnovers
SC 11 NT 3
OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS
SC 11 NT 4
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Shiloh looks strong defensively and you can really notice how young New Town is...

HALFTIME
Shiloh Christian 32
New Town 19

Rebounding Battle
SC 28 NT 15
FG Percentage
SC 28.6% NT 18.5%
Fouls
SC 7 NT 12
Points off Turnovers
SC 11 NT 3
OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS
SC 11 NT 4

Better 3rd Quarter for the New Town
SC 39
NT 34

4th Quarter Madness to come...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby NodakQ2 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm impressed with Shiloh. They hit the boards HARD...How did they get beat 6 times this year?
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:32 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:I'm impressed with Shiloh. They hit the boards HARD...How did they get beat 6 times this year?

They lost vs. Linton-HMB in OT 65-74 (12/15), @ Bishop Ryan 63-75 (12/22), @ Washburn 49-50 (1/10), vs. New Salem 57-71 (1/31), vs. Kidder County 51-59 (1/4) and vs. Grant County in the District Championship 63-69

The losses to Linton-HMB and Bishop Ryan were close throughout the game (until the end).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Shiloh Christian 53
New Town 50
FINAL

As we learned in the boys State B...being undefeated isn't always a good thing going into the State Tourney.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Game #2 is under way!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:27 pm

End of 1st Q:
Lakota-Adams-Edmore 20
Grafton 19