State Tourney

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Wins State?

Kindred
9%
Grafton
62%
Linton-HMB
6%
Lakota-Adams-Edmore
No votes
Shiloh Christian
3%
Bishop Ryan
No votes
Beach
15%
New Town
6%

Total votes : 34

Re: State Tourney

Postby wolves65 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:09 pm

my point is why so critical of the Grafton coach when your own coach and others do the same thing? In a state championship game you should never have to tell a team to not score and take it easy. NOt sure you even know Grafton that well to be making the statement about the coach. I would have taken the seniors out one at a time to let them really enjoy it instead of taking them all out at once. Just say congrats and move on to next year.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby old#63 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:31 pm

old#63 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:Another thing I found really entertaining is some of the kids for Minot Ryan came running out in the middle of the court and were hugging the girls on holding up their buddies on their shoulders just to get on TV.

And she did not sub at the next timeout... she even put one kid in with 24 seconds left to play. I understand she was excited and under pressure but if you look at class coach's, they will reward the kids that have spent the whole year on the bench.... if she thinks it was a reward or something special for the seniors to stay on the floor and run up the score... well... she needs to go and talk to somebody like Old Bob from Beach....

If I'm wrong on when she subbed out the seniors, I will stand corrected. I'll have to check it out on Tivo tonight. But, in reference to your comment about kids spending the whole year on the bench, all the girls that were subbed in at the end of the game were full time starters on the JV. The Spoilers had 8 girls who rotated minutes on varsity (basically played full time), and all the rest of the kids who were at state played a full time JV schedule.

maddog, I checked out the Tivo and the game stats. This is how it went down.

Grafton dressed 14 girls and Linton HMB dressed 11. Toward the end of the game, Grafton had played 8 of 14, and Linton had played 9 of 11.

At the 2:54 mark the Lions conceded and subbed out the 5 girls they had on the floor. The girls who went in were 1 starter, 2 bench players, and 2 girls who hadn't played yet. At that same 2:54 mark the Spoilers already had 3 of their starters on the bench, so Coach put them back in. Not to run up the score, but so they could leave the court with an ovation from the fans.

The next available whistle came at the 2:11 mark. At that point, Grafton put in their 3 main bench players and 2 girls who hadn't played yet. The 5 Grafton starter all came out and recieved a standing ovation from the fans. Linton also subbed out their remaining starter.

The next whistle came at the 1:01 mark. Grafton subbed out their 3 main bench players for 3 players who had not played yet. The 3 main bench players got their standing ovation from the fans.

At the .24 mark, Grafton subbed in the one remaining girl who had not played for one of the girls who went in at the 1:01 mark.

I guess we may see it differently, but if Coach Sieben wanted to give an opportunity for her 5 starters and her 3 main bench players to all recieve an ovation, there really isn't much else she could have done.

And in terms of running up the score, in the final 2:54 Grafton scored 5 points and Linton scored 7.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby coolhandluke » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:51 pm

so, mad dog 1971, maybe time to back off or change your name to rabid dog 1971 in lieu of your feeble attempts to trash a class act. time to pull up your big boy panties, take a breath, and deal with the facts. the beach coach complimented our coach and team right to my face the next day, the ref told me also that he should have noticed the rush, just didn't expect it so fast, and he - upon trying to avoid a young child, basically by accident threw himself into harms way. enough is enough, get a life. later.
coolhandluke
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:12 pm

I would of have no problem if the coach would have left her starters in the whole game. It was the state title game. I would not run up the score personally, but I have no problem with a coach if they would do it. I don't think it was done in this game, and I think some people might be overreacting.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thewanderer » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm

old#63, nice job on stats. dont waste any more of your valuable time with the few coo coo's who want to try make Grafton look bad any way they can. L Sieben is a class act all the way around. end of story. now her husband on the other hand?....LOL ! JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Girls