Region Tourneys

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region Tourneys

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Region 8 Semifinal #2

Parshall 21
North Shore-Plaza 14
Halftime
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby toughD » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Region 6

Bishop Ryan 64
Velva 44
Final

Championship: Rugby vs Bishop Ryan
toughD
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:32 am

Congrats to Braidy Dahl (Senior - Kindred) and Hannah Breske (Junior - Central Cass) on scoring their 1,000th points tonight in Region 1 Semifinal action!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:04 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Congrats to Braidy Dahl (Senior - Kindred) and Hannah Breske (Junior - Central Cass) on scoring their 1,000th points tonight in Region 1 Semifinal action!

Do they stop the game if it happens during the regional tournament?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDOK » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:40 am

cntrfthrs wrote:Region 8 semi's: Watford City 53 New Town 56. NT will play the winner of Parshall vs Plaza/North Shore. I'm not one to rag on refs but . The reffing was terrible for both teams altho (and I'm partisan here) it seemed the refs did their best to ensure a watford win...

I would agree the reffing was poor. Calls were very inconsistent, allowing alot of physical play and then would come up with a touch call. No doubt our bias' show because while there were poor calls both ways, I thought Watford got the short end of the stick. However the reffing did not lose the game for Watford. They need to look no farther than their poor free throw shooting. New Town hit the big shots when they needed to. It was an entertaining game. New Town has such a young team too, your future looks very bright. Good luck the rest of the way.
NDOK
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:28 am

Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Congrats to Braidy Dahl (Senior - Kindred) and Hannah Breske (Junior - Central Cass) on scoring their 1,000th points tonight in Region 1 Semifinal action!

In the case of Dahl...they acknowledged it after the game (I think)
With Breske she hit her 1000th point on the first of 3 free throws...they acknowledged her after she shot (and made) all 3.

I listened to the games on the radio...so I can't quite remember when they acknowledged Dahl's milestone.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby MNTwinsFan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:48 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Flip wrote:

With Breske she hit her 1000th point on the first of 3 free throws...they acknowledged her after she shot (and made) all 3.

I listened to the games on the radio...so I can't quite remember when they acknowledged Dahl's milestone.

I believe it is up to the coaches when/if they want the game stopped. I've seen it done both ways. Some coaches view it as a distraction so they acknowledge it after the game. When Kindred was walking off the court (after the game), it was announced and the Kindred fans were in a frenzy trying to distribute all of their 1,000 points signs.

I feel that it is a great accomplishment, why not give the girl, or guy, the recognition they deserve. For most kids, I would believe they would be relieved that it is over.
MNTwinsFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby PR23 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:24 pm

scc wrote:The defending champs were beat tonight.

Midkota 49
Carrington 46

Anyone at the game???? What happened - I heard Thompson sat most of the 4th quarter in foul trouble.
PR23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:37 pm

MNTwinsFan wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Flip wrote:

I believe it is up to the coaches when/if they want the game stopped. I've seen it done both ways. Some coaches view it as a distraction so they acknowledge it after the game. When Kindred was walking off the court (after the game), it was announced and the Kindred fans were in a frenzy trying to distribute all of their 1,000 points signs.

I feel that it is a great accomplishment, why not give the girl, or guy, the recognition they deserve. For most kids, I would believe they would be relieved that it is over.

However, if it occurs in the district or regional title games...then they won't stop the game
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby NodakQ2 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:19 pm

Carrington lead most of the game by 8 to 15 points with several chances to extend that lead. Very laxidazical with the lead. Thompson had 19 points the first half and picked up some quick fouls in the third quarter. SHe scored 4 points the second half. With 5 minutes to go in the third, Carrington was up 14. Lead cut to 8 at end of third quarter and the noose tightened. Carrington just lost it in the fourth quarter. When Thompson fouled out it was Kaos for the Cardinals. Carrington scored 4 points in the 4th quarter and missed some great looks. I've never seen this group rattled like they were in the 4th quarter last night and they have played in some big games. Appeared as though the pressure was too much.

Credit Midkota for not losing their heads and hitting some HUGE shots when they had to. In Thompson's defense, she really got robbed on a couple fouls but it shouldn't have mattered. Carrington cruised to a 29 point victory over Midkota a couple weeks ago but last night it was not to be.

Congrats to Midkota. Thursday night should be a great game between them and Lakota.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cntrfthrs » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:50 am

NDOK wrote:
cntrfthrs wrote:Region 8 semi's: Watford City 53 New Town 56. NT will play the winner of Parshall vs Plaza/North Shore. I'm not one to rag on refs but . The reffing was terrible for both teams altho (and I'm partisan here) it seemed the refs did their best to ensure a watford win...

I would agree the reffing was poor. Calls were very inconsistent, allowing alot of physical play and then would come up with a touch call. No doubt our bias' show because while there were poor calls both ways, I thought Watford got the short end of the stick. However the reffing did not lose the game for Watford. They need to look no farther than their poor free throw shooting. New Town hit the big shots when they needed to. It was an entertaining game. New Town has such a young team too, your future looks very bright. Good luck the rest of the way.

I agree and I apologize to watford city for my uncalled-for snark about the refs trying to ensure a wc win. the lady wolves got a very bad call right in the closing seconds of the new town game which, in the best of all worlds could have helped them win the game. in the very last few seconds, watford had the ball and was called for a turnover. the refs said the blonde girl dribbled the ball off her foot and outa bounds in favor of new town. she didnt. the ball went off a new town players foot. watford is a young team and will contend (as they do every year) next year and in those to come. cheer up lady-wolves, you'll be in the region finals again and maybe even the state tounrney next year and the year after that and the year after that....etc.
cntrfthrs
NDPreps Starter

Postby cntrfthrs » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:42 pm

:oops:
Last edited by cntrfthrs on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
cntrfthrs
NDPreps Starter

Postby cntrfthrs » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:23 pm

:oops:
Last edited by cntrfthrs on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
cntrfthrs
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball4 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:40 pm

cntrfthrs wrote:New Town goes the the State tournament...Parshall COULD HAVE BEAT THEM if they were better coached...chin up parshall lady Braves...you'll be there again next year. I am impressed by the little Risan girl, michele. she's a hotshot and cheyenne packineau and alexis woods are future all-staters...providing your coach learns a thing or two...

Sounds like you should coach.

Reg. 3
Linton HMB 60
Napoleon 49
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:46 am

bball4 wrote:
cntrfthrs wrote:New Town goes the the State tournament...Parshall COULD HAVE BEAT THEM if they were better coached...chin up parshall lady Braves...you'll be there again next year. I am impressed by the little Risan girl, michele. she's a hotshot and cheyenne packineau and alexis woods are future all-staters...providing your coach learns a thing or two...

Sounds like you should coach.

Reg. 3
Linton HMB 60
Napoleon 49

I agree...sounds like you should coach. Better yet...take the 3 future all-stars and their teamates, and start training w/ them now. 4 days a week now thru the summer until October. The coach might look better next year.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nodaker » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:24 am

New Town goes the the State tournament...Parshall COULD HAVE BEAT THEM if they were better coached...chin up parshall lady Braves...you'll be there again next year. I am impressed by the little Risan girl, michele. she's a hotshot and cheyenne packineau and alexis woods are future all-staters...providing your coach learns a thing or two...

Wow :roll:

Lady Eagles had the game from the begining. They stumbled in the 3rd with some turnovers and bad decisions on the court and let the Lady Braves get within 10pts.
Packineau and Hale are both good coaches so I don't know if the above statement has much validity.
I do know this. New Town and Parshall both have some nice talent coming up.
nodaker
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Well you know that when a team loses its the coaches fault and when they win its all because of the kids.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby nodaker » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:34 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:Well you know that when a team loses its the coaches fault .......

true....or the officials :wink:

Anyway, congradulations and good luck Eagles. See you thursday
nodaker
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Actually it is the official that help you win the games.... :shock:
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby wolves65 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:19 pm

you got that right Maddog, they sure didn't hurt Kindreds cause on Thursday.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Girls