Best ten regardless of class

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Best ten regardless of class

Postby domination » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:47 pm

I'm making a list of the top 10 players in the state regardless of class. Need your help if I missed anyone.
No particular order

Rachel Weir – Shanley
Lexi Lennon – West Fargo
Holly Johnson – Minot
Naomi Rust – Bismarck
Mic Longtin – Mandan
Hannah Larson – Century
Kira Larson – Fargo North
Danielle Clark – Williston
Hannah Breske – Central Cass
Emily Thompson - Carrington
domination
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Best ten regardless of class

Postby packers21 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:49 pm

domination wrote:I'm making a list of the top 10 players in the state regardless of class. Need your help if I missed anyone.
No particular order

Rachel Weir – Shanley
Lexi Lennon – West Fargo
Holly Johnson – Minot
Naomi Rust – Bismarck
Mic Longtin – Mandan
Hannah Larson – Century

Olivia Johnson (Richland)
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gameplayer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:19 pm

domination wrote:I'm making a list of the top 10 players in the state regardless of class. Need your help if I missed anyone.
No particular order

Rachel Weir – Shanley
Lexi Lennon – West Fargo
Holly Johnson – Minot
Naomi Rust – Bismarck
Mic Longtin – Mandan
Hannah Larson – Century

Thompson is the third best player on her team. Sierra Rosenau should be considered before Thompson.
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:25 pm

packers21 wrote:
No particular order

Rachel Weir – Shanley
Lexi Lennon – West Fargo
Holly Johnson – Minot
Naomi Rust – Bismarck
Mic Longtin – Mandan
Hannah Larson – Century

Ashley Bentz (Grant County) could be considered too
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby classbsportsfan1 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:13 pm

gameplayer wrote:
No particular order

Rachel Weir – Shanley
Lexi Lennon – West Fargo
Holly Johnson – Minot
Naomi Rust – Bismarck
Mic Longtin – Mandan
Hannah Larson – Century

Thompson is the third best player on her team. Sierra Rosenau should be considered before Thompson.

Who would you put before Thompson besides Rosenau?
Last edited by classbsportsfan1 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
classbsportsfan1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
packers21 wrote:
No particular order

Rachel Weir – Shanley
Lexi Lennon – West Fargo
Holly Johnson – Minot
Naomi Rust – Bismarck
Mic Longtin – Mandan
Hannah Larson – Century

Ashley Bentz (Grant County) could be considered too

AJ Jacobs of Century should be considered. Johnson is definitely the top Class B player.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:25 am

classbsportsfan1 wrote:
gameplayer wrote:
No particular order

Rachel Weir – Shanley
Lexi Lennon – West Fargo
Holly Johnson – Minot
Naomi Rust – Bismarck
Mic Longtin – Mandan
Hannah Larson – Century

Becca Scheer
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:36 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
classbsportsfan1 wrote:
gameplayer wrote:
No particular order

Rachel Weir – Shanley
Lexi Lennon – West Fargo
Holly Johnson – Minot
Naomi Rust – Bismarck
Mic Longtin – Mandan
Hannah Larson – Century

Becca Scheer

Scheer is a good player but not as good as Thompson or Rosenau, Thompsons impact on the game is the biggest out of all three. She allows them to pressure and take chances on steals bc she can bail them out w her shot blocking ability. A girl that big and athletic makes a big difference that goes unnoticed by lots of fans.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 4thegame » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:57 am

yeah having thompson in the middle is definatley a game changer defensively. she is tall enough to block shots without getting foul calls, and that makes a huge difference when shot blocking usually isn't allowed in girls basketball ha ha ha. However, any post player can be shut down if they dont have a great point gaurd who can run the offense and get them the ball in scoring position. And carrington is an extremely well coached team.
4thegame
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NodakQ2 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:15 am

I completely disagree that Thompson is the biggest impact player on the Carrington team. Carrington is 20-1 without Thompson playing 6 or 7 games. They would NOT be 20-1 if Rosenau sat out those 6 or 7 games. Thompson is DEFINATELY a difference maker in the paint that most people don't see. She is a solid 10 point difference per game. TO say she is the third best player on the team is ludicrous. Rosenau, however, is the general. She runs this team. Scherr is a great shooter and would no doubt average 20 per game on most teams but on this team she silently kills other teams in the shadows of Rosenau and Thompson. Scherr may very well be the only one that goes on to play at the next level. This team would greatly miss any of these three but Rosenau is the Cog that makes the wheel go. These three do a great job of picking each other up. WHen one is having an off night, the other one goes off for 20. Having three players of this calibre on one team doesn't do much for the individual stats, but the team accolades they've accomplished the last three years exceeds any personal gratifiation in my mind. Carrington has been blessed with wathching these three fine individuals on and off the court for the past 4 years. They will ALL be greatly missed.

Back to topic...You probably have to put the Richland girl on this list but remember each of these Carrington girls would have her numbers on the team she is on. I'd add (cop out here) the Thompson/Rosenau combo just like the coaches did for District Senior of the Year.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rock83 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:33 am

Thompson is a difference maker.
you should add Spanky Clayton from Washburn. 24 ppg

NodakQ2 wrote:I completely disagree that Thompson is the biggest impact player on the Carrington team. Carrington is 20-1 without Thompson playing 6 or 7 games. They would NOT be 20-1 if Rosenau sat out those 6 or 7 games. Thompson is DEFINATELY a difference maker in the paint that most people don't see. She is a solid 10 point difference per game. TO say she is the third best player on the team is ludicrous. Rosenau, however, is the general. She runs this team. Scherr is a great shooter and would no doubt average 20 per game on most teams but on this team she silently kills other teams in the shadows of Rosenau and Thompson. Scherr may very well be the only one that goes on to play at the next level. This team would greatly miss any of these three but Rosenau is the Cog that makes the wheel go. These three do a great job of picking each other up. WHen one is having an off night, the other one goes off for 20. Having three players of this calibre on one team doesn't do much for the individual stats, but the team accolades they've accomplished the last three years exceeds any personal gratifiation in my mind. Carrington has been blessed with wathching these three fine individuals on and off the court for the past 4 years. They will ALL be greatly missed.

Back to topic...You probably have to put the Richland girl on this list but remember each of these Carrington girls would have her numbers on the team she is on. I'd add (cop out here) the Thompson/Rosenau combo just like the coaches did for District Senior of the Year.
rock83
NDPreps Starter

Postby GBBFan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:51 am

I think there are some girls from the west to be considered...Megan Klein and Bailey Waldal
GBBFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 4thegame » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:00 pm

NodakQ2, The problem with your last statement is that you are assuming that they would put up the same numbers as girls who have played on "unbalanced" teams. girls on unbalanced teams see junk defenses and are schemed for in alot of cases. say you take thompson and put her on a team where she can be collapsed on without fear of giving up easy looks to 3 point shooters. would her numbers be the same if she played with gaurds who weren't legitimate scoring threats, or could get her the ball in scoring position? or likewise would the guards perform the same had they played with a weak post presence? you have to realize that most teams couldn't give excessive gaurd pressure when you have a post like thompson that requires help defense in most cases. having said all that i must admit that i need to know more stats on some of these girls. another factor to consider is a player who basically has the entire offense centered on getting them shots. remember anyone can score 20 points if they get enough shot attempts (aka allen iverson).
4thegame
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls