Central Cass vs Kindred II

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Central Cass vs Kindred II

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:59 am

Place your bets place your bets.....
Two really good teams square off tonight...
Speed/defense of Kindred against the Basketball Talent of CC....

I am predicting 48 to 41 Kindred....

Last time it turned into a Rugby match at the end.......
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Re: Central Cass vs Kindred II

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:44 am

I'm liking Central Cass in this one...

Central Cass 53
Kindred 49
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ClassBEast » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:34 pm

I think Central Cass will play better tonight than they did in the first matchup. Kindred is so tired of losing to Central Cass though, they may have a lot more incentive. However, it might be in their heads that they are just not a "tournament team." We will see! Tonight's outcome really doesn't matter anyway. Next week is what counts!
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:35 pm

They are tired of losing to CC... they beat them and have beat them in all sports. The part they are sick of I'm sure is losing the game that takes them to state.....
Like in Volleyball, they are two of the best teams in state and unfortunately they both are in the same region.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBEast » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:55 pm

maddog1971 wrote:They are tired of losing to CC... they beat them and have beat them in all sports. The part they are sick of I'm sure is losing the game that takes them to state.....
Like in Volleyball, they are two of the best teams in state and unfortunately they both are in the same region.

Well of course that's what I meant! They are tired of losing the important games!
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:30 pm

maddog1971 wrote:Like in Volleyball, they are two of the best teams in state and unfortunately they both are in the same region.

I'm not sure they are the two best teams in the state like they were in volleyball. CC beats Carrington, Carrington beats Grafton, Grafton beats CC...no clear favorite there...Kindred's only true tests outside of the region was @ Napoleon (W: 65-38) but Region 3 seems weak this year...and Washburn on a neutral court (W: 58-49).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Well who do you want them to play??? No real tests? Yep... the only team to challenge them all year was CC, who was number 1 then.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:Like in Volleyball, they are two of the best teams in state and unfortunately they both are in the same region.

I'm not sure they are the two best teams in the state like they were in volleyball. CC beats Carrington, Carrington beats Grafton, Grafton beats CC...no clear favorite there...Kindred's only true tests outside of the region was @ Napoleon (W: 65-38) but Region 3 seems weak this year...and Washburn on a neutral court (W: 58-49).

I have to agree that I'm not sure if they are the 2 best teams in the state either. I think Linton would give CC a run if they had the chance again, and Grafton is definitely up there. Rebounding is CC's weakness. Kindred is the top team in Region 1, and Watford City or New Town could come out strong at State.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NodakQ2 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Carrington, CC, Kindred, Grafton are all great teams that could beat each other on a given night. You could throw Minot Ryan and Velva in the mix as well. New Town is untested.

Maddog...In Class B girls, if you want to play the best, you have to travel. Carrington probably plays the toughest schedule of anyone. (They beat Grafton, Velva, Washburn, Napoleon, Beach, Midkota, Lakota and lost to Central Cass) All of these teams have at the very least received votes and most if not all have been ranked. SO, there ARE teams to play.

I don't know who will win tonight, but think Kindred will end up in State. It is definately their turn!
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:03 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:Carrington, CC, Kindred, Grafton are all great teams that could beat each other on a given night. You could throw Minot Ryan and Velva in the mix as well. New Town is untested.

Maddog...In Class B girls, if you want to play the best, you have to travel. Carrington probably plays the toughest schedule of anyone. (They beat Grafton, Velva, Washburn, Napoleon, Beach, Midkota, Lakota and lost to Central Cass) All of these teams have at the very least received votes and most if not all have been ranked. SO, there ARE teams to play.

I don't know who will win tonight, but think Kindred will end up in State. It is definately their turn!

The bolded statement is so true when you look at how high Carrington's "QRF" ranking is.

FINAL SCORE from tonight's Title Game:

Central Cass 59
Kindred 47
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:37 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:

They pointed this out last year during the state tournament by saying Carrington is centrally located and that allows them to travel more than some other teams.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:35 am

Well CC did what it takes to beat Kindred... made them play a half court game by breaking the press and attacking and taking open shots on the fast break. They did not let Kindred set up the half court defense which is really good.
Kindred also could not make a three throw to save their life and CC went 16-18 from the line. CC also took Schmitt out of the game and single covered Dahl. Kindred could not make that pass into her. She ended with 20 but could've had 40 with some good post passing.

Great Job CC.... Now for the regional finals..... Unless a major upset....which can happen in the tournament.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby NodakQ2 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Should be another awesome rematch...Hope they both make it to the finals. I am still going with Kindred in the rematch.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:45 pm

The thing about big games is that it is a few little things will make a difference. A bad pass, a bad foul or even a bad call. If the ref's rings up Hanna with her 5th instead of a jump ball with 5 minutes to go.... you never know what happens.
Not saying that or any other no call or call was what caused the game... just saying something like that can make the difference in two good basketball teams.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby NodakQ2 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:25 pm

and let's face it...CC goes as Hanna goes. When she is hot, she is almost unstoppable.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:27 pm

I don't know if Hannah receives that fifth foul if it would have affected the outcome at that point. Central Cass stayed in the game (actually out-scoring Kindred) late in the 1st half when Breske and Dixon were on the bench.

The key to this game (compared to the regular season matchup) was that Central Cass' role players stepped it up. They got huge scoring from Voss & Weber and huge minutes off the bench from Cramer and Tronson.

JMHO from one of the best seats in the building
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:01 pm

I completely agree... Voss and Weber did win that game. They played great D and shot the ball and hit open jumpers on the break..
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:37 am

Central Cass vs. Kindred III
They are split going into the regional final game. It's a rematch of the District 2 championship AND the VB Region 1 championship. After watching Kindred struggle with Maple Valley last night, I am going to go with Central Cass again (big surprise, I know - LOL). When Kindred gets rattled, they are not a great team. They got rattled last night, they got rattled in the district championship and CC is "in their heads" and they will be rattled again on Thursday. I predict a 10-point win for CC. I have no doubt Kindred wants this game, but so do the CC girls. They are motivated to bring home the state championship this year (tired of 2nd!) like they did in VB. It should be a great game. The real question is, where is everyone going to sit??
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:54 pm

I am with you on the sitting part. It will be interesting.
On the game.... Yep Kindred is not playing their best ball... as a matter of fact they are maybe playing their worst since since the whole tournament started. They will need their guards to shoot when they are open and see if they can make a pass into the post to Dahl.... Kindred will always play great defense but they need to get some points on the board... They can not go 6 minutes without a basket this time and they will need to make the Free throws as well.......
CC is playing about at their best right now so I think that will be the deciding factor. Voss will need to be on for about 15 again, which she has been playing good ball so that will happen.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:53 am

Well it was standing room only. That is what Class B should be all about. Two well coached teams giving everything they have fighting to win and having the fans there cheering them on! The place so so loud.

It was a back and forth game with defense being the key in the end and Kindred getting some big steals at the end to get the lead and to keep it.

Congrats to both Teams for putting on a great show.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Runninganalyzer » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:09 am

A huge factor in the game last night was that Courtney Dixon was out for much of the first half getting tended to by the trainer with a bad knee injury, after the game she could hardly walk :( Congrats and good luck to Kindred as they represent Region 1 next weekend in the capitol city!!!
Runninganalyzer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:58 pm

I feel mostly bad for the CC seniors who have had so much success the past 2 years (State VB - 5th, 1st; State BB - 2nd, 2nd). It's a hard way to end your season. They have a lot to be proud of and have been a great group to watch over the years.

Good luck to Kindred in Bismarck.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NoIinTeam » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Sure it is probably tough on the CC seniors. At the same time you need to look at what they have been able to do over the past few years. Most high school kids would give their left leg to be able to go to one state tourney, let alone four(volleyball twice-basketball twice). Great group of athletes to watch over the years. Time to move on to the next chapter. They should feel proud of what they have been able to do and hopefully not look too much at the end of this particular season. (Although it would have been interesting to see the outcome of the CC -Kindred game with Dixon at 100%)
NoIinTeam
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBalways » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:46 pm

NoIinTeam wrote:Sure it is probably tough on the CC seniors. At the same time you need to look at what they have been able to do over the past few years. Most high school kids would give their left leg to be able to go to one state tourney, let alone four(volleyball twice-basketball twice). Great group of athletes to watch over the years. Time to move on to the next chapter. They should feel proud of what they have been able to do and hopefully not look too much at the end of this particular season. (Although it would have been interesting to see the outcome of the CC -Kindred game with Dixon at 100%)

150% Agree! Those girls have a lot to be proud of. Great Season.
ClassBalways
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls