2011-12 Region 3 Predictions

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2011-12 Region 3 Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Below are my opinions on Team Rankings and also Players to watch for (15-20 players total).

REGION 3:
1. Napoleon
2. Linton-HMB
3. South Border
4. Kidder County
5. P-B-K
6. Barnes County North
7. LaMoure
8. Ellendale
9. Edgeley-Kulm
10. Strasburg/Zeeland
11. L-M-M
12. Central Prairie

PLAYERS TO WATCH:
Sheridan Dewald (Napoleon)
Kendra Weigel (Napoleon)
Kayln Schnieder (Linton-HMB)
McKenna Flyberg (Linton-HMB)
Karley Wald (South Border)
Kalli Scherbenske (South Border)
Kelsey Dockter (Kidder County)
Sadie Rohrich (Kidder County)
Kelly Carlson (P-B-K)
Amanda Beckley (P-B-K)
Emily Albrecht (Barnes Cty North)
Jenna Gullickson (Barnes Cty North)
Cassie Fick (L-M-M)
Jennifer Erickson (Edgeley-Kulm)
Mackenzie Bickford (LaMoure)
Jordan Spitzer (Central Prairie)
Kelsie Silvernagel (Strasburg/Zeeland)
Brianna Vance (Ellendale)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2011-12 Region 3 Predictions

Postby witherspoon » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:11 pm

REGION 3:
1. Napoleon-(3)
2. Linton-HMB
3. South Border-(1)
4. Kidder County
5. P-B-K-(10)
6. Barnes County North
7. LaMoure
8. Ellendale
9. Edgeley-Kulm
10. Strasburg/Zeeland--(5)
11. L-M-M
12. Central Prairie

PLAYERS TO WATCH:
Sheridan Dewald (Napoleon)--Bum knee, don't know how long she can go
Kendra Weigel (Napoleon)
Kayln Schnieder (Linton-HMB) watch for the Weber girl, ace in the hole!!
McKenna Flyberg (Linton-HMB) Grew quite a bit, gonna be tough
Karley Ward (South Border)-- Karley "Wald", Watch for Madison Schnable, she's gonna be tough
Kalli Scherbenske (South Border)
Kelsey Dockter (Kidder County)
Sadie Rohrich (Kidder County)
Kelly Carlson (P-B-K)
Amanda Beckley (P-B-K)
Emily Albrecht (Barnes Cty North)
Jenna Gullickson (Barnes Cty North)
Cassie Fick (L-M-M)
Jennifer Erickson (Edgeley-Kulm)
Mackenzie Bickford (LaMoure)
Jordan Spitzer (Central Prairie)
Kelsie Silvernagel (Strasburg/Zeeland) they're gonna be vastly improved
Brianna Vance (Ellendale)
witherspoon
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Ellendale may not fall off as much as some may think. They will certainly miss Meg Martin, Kiley Fuller, Lindsey Holm and Ashley Herman but there is a very good sophomore class coming up to mix with Brianna Vance, Emily Wang and Mariah Gustafson. Remember the names Madilyn Bommersbach, Shayna Mertz, Kalee Hack, Rachel Herman and Dacey Fuller as they are very talented and have been playing together for several years. I dont know if they will win District 5 for a 3rd consecutive year but 8th in the Region feels low. I could see them dropping some games early as they learn to play together but by tournament time, Coach Herman will have them clicking.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby bball4 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:56 pm

EHS1998 wrote:Ellendale may not fall off as much as some may think. They will certainly miss Meg Martin, Kiley Fuller, Lindsey Holm and Ashley Herman but there is a very good sophomore class coming up to mix with Brianna Vance, Emily Wang and Mariah Gustafson. Remember the names Madilyn Bommersbach, Shayna Mertz, Kalee Hack, Rachel Herman and Dacey Fuller as they are very talented and have been playing together for several years. I dont know if they will win District 5 for a 3rd consecutive year but 8th in the Region feels low. I could see them dropping some games early as they learn to play together but by tournament time, Coach Herman will have them clicking.

I agree with this...Losing those seniors will be tough-- but a fabulous group coming up & returning some nice talent. I believe Gustafson only played B squad due to being out of the district for that year. I did see her play twice on B and she is a quick player. Good seasoned coaching too. I see them above 8th also. I think Linton is going to be TOUGH. Napoleon has some great athletes, but Schmidt was a good team leader. I forsee it tight between those two. Linton HMB has a deep bench and great tournament time "history"- they know what it takes in those big games.
South Border is going to be neck and neck with them. They finished the year very strong and return quite a bit of talent (did Rath graduate?), KC is always tough- but they have to fill Kahl's shoes. I see D6 to have close, hard fought games.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby classbkillas » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Seriously EHS1998... all you think about is Ellendale. You think they should be number 1 in everything. I'm sorry to criticize you but you have no other views on teams other then Ellendale. I know your from Ellendale, but still.. think about other teams too.
classbkillas
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:44 pm

classbkillas wrote:Seriously EHS1998... all you think about is Ellendale. You think they should be number 1 in everything. I'm sorry to criticize you but you have no other views on teams other then Ellendale. I know your from Ellendale, but still.. think about other teams too.

You have not taken the time to look over EHS' posts over the last couple of years, have you. I would say EHS is one of the best at giving credit where credit is due. Sure he's from Ellendale, and we all know more about and feel closer to our home town teams. But I have seen numerous posts from EHS about many other teams, praising them when they have it coming.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby bball4 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:20 pm

Hinsa wrote:
classbkillas wrote:Seriously EHS1998... all you think about is Ellendale. You think they should be number 1 in everything. I'm sorry to criticize you but you have no other views on teams other then Ellendale. I know your from Ellendale, but still.. think about other teams too.

You have not taken the time to look over EHS' posts over the last couple of years, have you. I would say EHS is one of the best at giving credit where credit is due. Sure he's from Ellendale, and we all know more about and feel closer to our home town teams. But I have seen numerous posts from EHS about many other teams, praising them when they have it coming.

Completely agree, Hinsa. EHS is knowledgable about a LOT of teams...of course he knows the names of all the players from Ellendale- but he gives credit where it's due. He happens to know a little about Ellendale's bench from last year-- and I agree with him.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Bball4 and Hinsa - Thanks for coming to my defense. This means a lot coming from 2 posters I admire greatly for your own insights. ClassBKillas - Over the years, I have tried to be more balanced but at heart I am a homer. However, your statement about me always saying Ellendale should be number 1 in everything has no factual basis at all. How does saying they will not be 8th equal saying they are number 1?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls