Region 2 - 11-12

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 2 - 11-12

Postby Flip » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:44 pm

Thoughts, predictions on region 2? I have no idea that is why I'm starting the thread.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: Region 2 - 11-12

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:57 pm

I believe Grafton will be tough
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:50 pm

Grafton has a lot of size and speed back. Hatton-Northwood has size and ability, but they need a large helping of want to in order to live up to their potential. Central Valley is still going to be very good - lost only one senior, albeit a very good one in Jessica Henningsgard. Thompson will be younger but still tall and athletic.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby wolves65 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:46 pm

Grafton better get it done this year!
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby coolhandluke » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:34 pm

I won't give the edge to anyone team, it's a ways away and a long season besides. Girls get injured more often than boys it seems, often at the wrong time. Every year I've been wrong with my guess, but have often gotten the final two at Regions correct. I thought Grafton would have won 2-3 Region titles in the last 4-5 years so I can't go with them, but they have as good a chance as anyone for sure. Central Valley, Thompson, Dakota Prairie, Cavalier, etc. will all be tough. Any transfers, maybe a foreign exchange student, injury problems, you just never know. Should be interesting.
coolhandluke
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:17 pm

For the sake of pre-season discussion, I think Grafton is the early favorite. But Region 2 is very competitive, and it will come down to who is ready at tournament time. Last year, I was convinced Thompson would repeat a trip to State, but we were debating week in and week out on rankings. It should be that kind of year again.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 4thegame » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:11 pm

grafton should always be the preseason favorite in region 2. i knew going into regionals last year that the thompson wouldn't be back to state because they didn't have that zone busting 3point shooter that broyals(spelling) was for them last season.....will they have that this year? and when you think about it who was the best zone busting 3 point shooting team? well i thought after the huge comeback CV made against FLPR that everyone would know that you couldn't sit in a 2-3 zone against them all day long, but i was wrong...until linton came out and played tuff man D and shut their playoff run down. FLPR had you not shot yourself outta that opening round game against CV would be getting more love on here then they are. i look for a "Prince" Philip Schanelic type season outta messner at DP, who if they learn how to play tuff man defense will make a run. HN has the talent to make some noise, but i think they dont have to playoff experience come regional time. so my preseason ratings for this region are
Grafton
DP
FLPR
Thompson
CV
Cavalier
HN
4thegame
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:48 pm

1)Grafton-the clear favorite in my opinion
2)CV-lost 1 player but she was a good one---look for the two remaining Henningsgards to have big years
3)HN-good size--Azure is a quality coach that will do nice things with that team
4)Thompson-3 starters back and 4 of there top 6.....Brend will have them in contention
5)FLPR---
6)DP-Gillett/Messner are tough...Janke is back but there JV really struggled last year...
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Nodak Guy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:1)Grafton-the clear favorite in my opinion
2)CV-lost 1 player but she was a good one---look for the two remaining Henningsgards to have big years
3)HN-good size--Azure is a quality coach that will do nice things with that team
4)Thompson-3 starters back and 4 of there top 6.....Brend will have them in contention
5)FLPR---
6)DP-Gillett/Messner are tough...Janke is back but there JV really struggled last year...

Azure at HN - as in Shane Azure? Where did Carpenter go?
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:03 am

Nodak Guy wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:1)Grafton-the clear favorite in my opinion
5)FLPR---

Azure at HN - as in Shane Azure? Where did Carpenter go?

Carpenter resigned. Yes Shane Azure will be the head coach. He always did a good job with his girls at MPCG.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby kboftw » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:00 pm

I think the it'll be CV, Hatton-Northwood, Thompson and DP out of District 3 this year. I agree with most everything posted on here so far, but I think Hatton-Northwood has the potential to pull a couple of "upsets" come tournament time into Regionals - if they get all of their tools back and get focused.

Out of District 4, Grafton will again be at the top. For their sake, I hope they have another strong run at Regions. Cavalier really impressed me, and FLPR played lights out until the second half of their game against CV last year. If they can capture even half of how they played in that first half, they'll hold their own. Not sure about the last spot into the Region 2 tournament from up there.
kboftw
NDPreps Starter

Postby blindside2 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:49 pm

kboftw wrote:I think the it'll be CV, Hatton-Northwood, Thompson and DP out of District 3 this year. I agree with most everything posted on here so far, but I think Hatton-Northwood has the potential to pull a couple of "upsets" come tournament time into Regionals - if they get all of their tools back and get focused.

Out of District 4, Grafton will again be at the top. For their sake, I hope they have another strong run at Regions. Cavalier really impressed me, and FLPR played lights out until the second half of their game against CV last year. If they can capture even half of how they played in that first half, they'll hold their own. Not sure about the last spot into the Region 2 tournament from up there.

If Grafton stays injury free, they should be the top contender for Region 2 champs. In District 4 play after Grafton it's going to be who wants to go to regionals.....pretty evenly balanced teams.
blindside2
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Girls