2015 STATE TOURNEY

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Wins State?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:17 pm

Bishop Ryan
57%
Kindred
7%
Lakota/Edmore
17%
Thompson
7%
Parshall
2%
LaMoure-LM
5%
Shiloh Christian
5%
Dickinson Trinity
No votes

Total votes : 42

Re: 2015 STATE TOURNEY

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:32 am

EastBeast--maybe try building teams instead of renting them. Don't care if the truth hurts.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby BigCat » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:09 pm

NDBaller32 wrote:Once again the East Teams get all the Hype and almost lost in a sweep..2 seed barely beat Parshall.. 3 Seed got out played .. 4th Seed didn't deserve being in the top four.. Horrible showing for the east.. Hope they seed better next year has Bishop Ryan will win by 40 points or more the rest of the way..

I hear some bitterness in this NDB32. Your team get throttled in regions or something?
A couple of things from yesterdays's game. First of all, I was looking forward to watching LE and Freije play but ended up watching something rather uncomfortable. A couple of Lakota fans told me pre game that alot of their fans were so sick of the 1 on 5 and the inability of the supporting cast not being able to get going that many were looking for it to all be over. That stuff happens wtih one trick ponies. Sad part was that you could feel it when you watched them. Atleast Nudell works at getting her teammates included in the game. Secondly, I noticed that Kindred has gone strictly perimeter and seems not to be using their post game as they did earlier in the year. I think it hurts their perimeter game as their post player is not drawing double and triples as she was when I saw them last. Also, the TV timeouts seem to be taking Kindreds advantage away as they run/press. The other times are able to adjust and get a breather with all of the stops. Trinity looked good last night, and according to some at the game, they are playing their best ball of the year. As far as the Tommies, I dont quite know what to say. They struggled to stay in the game and were out played and hustled all night. Good effort this year, but didnt have their best last night. Guess its why they play the game!!!
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby east sider » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:17 pm

EastBeast wrote:Heimer-Whiner. New breed of sad dog. but, only plays well with kids from
towns of 700 or less.

I can't say for 100%, but I'm pretty sure Heimer is NOT from a small town. He is from VC and has serious issues with the 2 Class system and the disadvantages/advantages it holds for smaller Class A towns and larger Class B schools. Above all he hates the State B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFZG8KQJni8
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby east sider » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:22 pm

Predictions for tonight:
Kindred over LLM by 16. To me they have the same strengths, just Kindred is stronger, more experienced this year.
MR over DT by 24. This seems to be the average margin of victory for Ryan over other ranked teams in state during the regular season, so I'll stay with that. Again, these teams seem to have similar strengths, just Ryan is WAY more stronger and experienced.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby east sider » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:33 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
east sider wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:
siouxforever7 wrote:After watching that Lamoure-LM vs. Lakota-Edmore game... I hope everyone is ready for three more years of Anna Holen!

I'm excited to just watch her the next 2 nights! L-L/M was simply too quick. L/E got into a lot of foul trouble because they couldn't move fast enough so they reached in a lot.

What year is the other guard? I believe her name was Hoff(?), she was very quick and nobody from L/E could keep up with her.

I hate to question decisions by a coaching staff that has made it to state 3 years in a row, but L/E didn't seem to make any adjustments on the offensive end. On the other hand they seemed to miss a lot of good looks.

I think a lot of people think its easy to coach talented teams especially ones with a premier player. When an all-stater is struggling, coaches tend to wait for her to snap out of it. It is also difficult to coach very young teams. They could have talent, but its rare to see much composure in high stress situations. Minot Ryan and LL-M displayed outstanding coaching.

Are you a current or former coach? Just curious. I will admit I'm not, but I know coaches and I know they have to deal with tons of public scrutiny. But in the State B they are fair game. It was sad to me to see one of the best players ever in B lose in the first round, especially when her coach ineffectively misuses a huge advantage. I"m going to call him out on it. Hats off to LLM for being the better team yesterday, but IMO they are not the better team.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:20 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:Parshall makes free throws game over in regulation.

for sure although Kindred missed them too..... cant believe the delay to foul at the end while Kindred was still in a true bonus.
I saw a carrying the ball call on Risen that reminded me of the one called on the Allard kid from Epping back in 77' when they were playing Hillsboro was a game changer in both games in my opinion....in a lot of games that call isnt made...what a game though!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby nolan4 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:25 pm

I was very impressed with LaMoure and especially the Holen girl, in play and in post game interview............Tonights game as I see it, Kindred over LaMoure and Bishop Ryan over Dickinson Trinity, altho both games seem like good matchups , in that both games have teams that seem similar, but I think Kindred will do what LaMoure does well, better.......and I think Trinity likes to get up and down the court with their size, but again, i think Ryan likes to do it too and will do it better..........I will go Kindred 64 LaMoure 58, and Bishop Ryan 78 Dickinson Trinity 52
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby kingjames101 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:57 pm

BigCat wrote:
NDBaller32 wrote:Once again the East Teams get all the Hype and almost lost in a sweep..2 seed barely beat Parshall.. 3 Seed got out played .. 4th Seed didn't deserve being in the top four.. Horrible showing for the east.. Hope they seed better next year has Bishop Ryan will win by 40 points or more the rest of the way..

I hear some bitterness in this NDB32. Your team get throttled in regions or something?
A couple of things from yesterdays's game. First of all, I was looking forward to watching LE and Freije play but ended up watching something rather uncomfortable. A couple of Lakota fans told me pre game that alot of their fans were so sick of the 1 on 5 and the inability of the supporting cast not being able to get going that many were looking for it to all be over. That stuff happens wtih one trick ponies. Sad part was that you could feel it when you watched them. Atleast Nudell works at getting her teammates included in the game. Secondly, I noticed that Kindred has gone strictly perimeter and seems not to be using their post game as they did earlier in the year. I think it hurts their perimeter game as their post player is not drawing double and triples as she was when I saw them last. Also, the TV timeouts seem to be taking Kindreds advantage away as they run/press. The other times are able to adjust and get a breather with all of the stops. Trinity looked good last night, and according to some at the game, they are playing their best ball of the year. As far as the Tommies, I dont quite know what to say. They struggled to stay in the game and were out played and hustled all night. Good effort this year, but didnt have their best last night. Guess its why they play the game!!!

Glad I'm not the only one that saw it. Teammates had their chance to step up n play yesterday n they fell short.
Last edited by kingjames101 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kingjames101 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:00 pm

east sider wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:
east sider wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:
siouxforever7 wrote:After watching that Lamoure-LM vs. Lakota-Edmore game... I hope everyone is ready for three more years of Anna Holen!

I'm excited to just watch her the next 2 nights! L-L/M was simply too quick. L/E got into a lot of foul trouble because they couldn't move fast enough so they reached in a lot.

What year is the other guard? I believe her name was Hoff(?), she was very quick and nobody from L/E could keep up with her.

I hate to question decisions by a coaching staff that has made it to state 3 years in a row, but L/E didn't seem to make any adjustments on the offensive end. On the other hand they seemed to miss a lot of good looks.

I think a lot of people think its easy to coach talented teams especially ones with a premier player. When an all-stater is struggling, coaches tend to wait for her to snap out of it. It is also difficult to coach very young teams. They could have talent, but its rare to see much composure in high stress situations. Minot Ryan and LL-M displayed outstanding coaching.

Are you a current or former coach? Just curious. I will admit I'm not, but I know coaches and I know they have to deal with tons of public scrutiny. But in the State B they are fair game. It was sad to me to see one of the best players ever in B lose in the first round, especially when her coach ineffectively misuses a huge advantage. I"m going to call him out on it. Hats off to LLM for being the better team yesterday, but IMO they are not the better team.

I thought the same thing. Didn't make any real changes to or most obvious ones in the type of game.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsrap » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:28 pm

Have to disagree LaMoure Lm was the better team. LE from the start waited for ff to do everything. She couldn't because LLm played team defense. LE may have the best player but LLm is the better team.
letsrap
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sleepy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:56 pm

LLM was the better team. I think people tend to undervalue defense. Usually when an offense is out of sync and not going very well, it is caused by the defense. But I suppose it is better to blame the coach and players.
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby kingjames101 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:09 pm

If kindred gets the outside shooting they win but I think LM plays good defense that they will struggle from outside. I hope DT can keep it tight for Minot to make them work for it n make a game of it.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDBaller32 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:57 pm

Like I Said Before... The Championship Game was Thursday Night at 6:30pm.. Tommorow nights game will be the same way.. Shiloh got screwed this year in seeding.. Bishop Ryan and Shiloh are clearly the top 2 teams in class B this year.. Good Luck to Kindred Tommorow Night.. If they stay under 20 points I would be impressed.. Everyone left the Minot State Dome after the first Quarter of the last game tonight.. What a joke this year..
NDBaller32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby heimer » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:16 am

Of course Shiloh got screwed in the seeding. Seeding is a myth. There is no way the league will ever allow two privates to play for a title again. It's the NDHSAAs way of distracting everyone from the real problems in the system.

And its the biggest screw job ever to be pulled on us.

But carry on with your west worship. It's really parochial worship dressed up with geography.

What a great small city tournament. Between the suburbs and Class A cities, there is just no room for real B flavor.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby go maji » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:26 am

We have to keep in mind, that heimer is the one that said whapeton is the best boys team he's ever seen. Who by the way lost in regions tonight.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby heimer » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:04 am

The team I saw that night.

Reading is tough in Minot, not surprised you missed that. You must be why Common Core is necessary.

Oh, sorry, Common Core is an education method.

Oh, sorry, education is learning stuff.

Just trying to keep it simple for you folks that seem to have problems with basic comprehension.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:16 am

Although the concept sounds good, I agree that the seeding was really flawed. They relied on polls and coaches lobbying, and obviously they felt compelled to make sure that they had 2 east teams ranked. Shiloh should have been ranked 3rd, and L/E should have been 4th (maybe). Even if Heimer is correct on shady seeding, if they would have put Shiloh at #4, Ryan could have been tired out a little before going home to rest up for the championship.

All the small schools did a great job representing their communities. They had every chance to win, and Kindred showed that depth is valuable. They definitely earned their spot in the championship.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:24 am

Seeding is done by the coaches and they see the results. Of course the east teams may rank the other east teams higher and the same with the west. That's just the teams they are most familiar with and because of that you will most likely get two of each seeded each year. The rest is just guessing and going by the polls. If WC would have made it my guess is they would have gotten a seed and bumped Thompson out. I don't think Shiloh is the second best team in the state yet alone in this tournament.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ninja_joe » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:46 am

Championship: Bishop Ryan vs. Kindred Kindred is the one team in the tournament that plays a style that possibly could give Ryan trouble. Kindred will have to hit 10+ 3's & get into their press. Those will be the only shots they get in the half court. Because that's what they like to shoot anyways, they MIGHT get hot. Bishop Ryan just too dominant inside & likely will win by 20pts

3rd Place: Dickinson Trinity vs. LMM I like watching LMM play. Losing a touch semi final game in OT can take alot out of you though. The third day in a row on a big court--fatigue shows up. Dickinson Trinity will want to play better tonight. This will make for a close game. Low scoring I think, but LMM pulls it out.

5th Place: Shiloh vs. Lakota/Edmore Be nice to see Shiloh play Lakota straight up man to man. Frieje has been seeing box & 1 whole tournament. LMM could play it. Parshall put weak players on her & it cost them the game as she had 25pts against sub-par defenders. This could be the best game of the day. Shiloh is definitely one of the top 3 teams in tournament. If they chase Frieje, they win. They man Lakota up, it will be a game.

7th Place: Parshall vs. Thompson Early in the year they met up & it was a close game. No one wants to end their season with a loss. Thompson was seeded to highly based on this being their 3rd straight trip to state B. They are the weakest team this year. Last year Region 8 got swept out of the State B with Watford City not winning a game. Parshall on the verge of that this year. But Parshall has the more talented team here & 4 seniors. Parshall will win if they don't go to their bench anymore than they have to. If they play their bench like they did yesterday against Lakota, this will be too close to call.
ninja_joe
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:30 am

I find it funny that just a couple years everybody was complaining that the state tournaments needed to be seeded. Now a bunch are complaining about the seeding.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:47 am

Not everyone wanted seeding. I think it is stupid, and always will. One thing is everyone's goal. Win 3 games. It doesn't matter what order you play the teams in. If you want to play 3 TV games, win your first.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby east sider » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:53 am

Personally I like the seeding. I'm sure it was started to avoid the two top teams playing each other in the first round, which it accomplished exactly that this year. #1vs#2 Saturday night. What more could you ask for?
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby east sider » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:58 am

ninja_joe wrote:Championship: Bishop Ryan vs. Kindred Kindred is the one team in the tournament that plays a style that possibly could give Ryan trouble. Kindred will have to hit 10+ 3's & get into their press. Those will be the only shots they get in the half court. Because that's what they like to shoot anyways, they MIGHT get hot. Bishop Ryan just too dominant inside & likely will win by 20pts

3rd Place: Dickinson Trinity vs. LMM I like watching LMM play. Losing a touch semi final game in OT can take alot out of you though. The third day in a row on a big court--fatigue shows up. Dickinson Trinity will want to play better tonight. This will make for a close game. Low scoring I think, but LMM pulls it out.

5th Place: Shiloh vs. Lakota/Edmore Be nice to see Shiloh play Lakota straight up man to man. Frieje has been seeing box & 1 whole tournament. LMM could play it. Parshall put weak players on her & it cost them the game as she had 25pts against sub-par defenders. This could be the best game of the day. Shiloh is definitely one of the top 3 teams in tournament. If they chase Frieje, they win. They man Lakota up, it will be a game.

7th Place: Parshall vs. Thompson Early in the year they met up & it was a close game. No one wants to end their season with a loss. Thompson was seeded to highly based on this being their 3rd straight trip to state B. They are the weakest team this year. Last year Region 8 got swept out of the State B with Watford City not winning a game. Parshall on the verge of that this year. But Parshall has the more talented team here & 4 seniors. Parshall will win if they don't go to their bench anymore than they have to. If they play their bench like they did yesterday against Lakota, this will be too close to call.

I like your analysis of the championship game. Don't forget that if either Bohl or Stewart get into foul trouble Kindred has a real shot.

On a side note, I will question Coach Stewart's decison to play her starters into the 4th Quarter of a 30 point blow out. Bohl hit the floor numerous times, and Wald slammed into the ground pretty hard on a fast break. I just don't see the point, especially when you're going up against the deepest team in the state the next day. Any Ryan fans care to comment?
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby east sider » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:11 am

Sleepy wrote:LLM was the better team. I think people tend to undervalue defense. Usually when an offense is out of sync and not going very well, it is caused by the defense. But I suppose it is better to blame the coach and players.

I respect other's opinions that LLM is the better team and I agree people tend to undervalue defense, but I don't think I'm one of them. Box and 1 is a junk defense with huge flaws designed to stop one player and put the rest of the defense at a disadvantage, otherwise it would be run consistently. From what I've seen Kindred, Ryan, and LLM are very well coached. LLM simply outcoached L/E. This doesn't make L/E coach a bad coach per say, just not as good as LLM's IMO.

And if you can't blame the coach or the players, who takes responsibility? The fans, parents, refs? Criticism (without being mean) is part of the game, and really should help to improve the game.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby fandb » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:11 pm

I would question the BRHS coach on a lot of things. She more than likely has the answers. They have won a few games since she started there and if not mistaken, a few state titles.
It's not the quarters that mmatter, it's the minutes. Believe Bohl played less than 20 minutes and Stewart in low 20. Good luck to all
fandb
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Girls