Player rankings

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NikeRep » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Can any post their top 5 players for the 09 and 08 classes(for Class B)? Name, height, position and school would be nice. Thanks.
NikeRep
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:36 pm

Chad Marshall and Alex Wolf are both definately up there. Chad Marshall is from hazen and you've already heard enough about wolf. Hopefully, someone can give some info about marshall.
project-pat

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:39 pm

project-pat wrote:Chad Marshall and Alex Wolf are both definately up there. Chad Marshall is from hazen and you've already heard enough about wolf. Hopefully, someone can give some info about marshall.

Marshall is a soph. He stands 6'1 and plays either the 2 guard or a small forward. He can go inside and bang, but is best suited for shooting the ball. He is a well rounded athlete, participating in football and golf. He could bulk up a bit and make himself even better.
ndfbfan

Postby project-pat » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:03 pm

I dont want anyone blowin up on me for this....but i hear he has a cocky attitude and is hard to work with. Is this true?
project-pat

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:39 pm

project-pat wrote:I dont want anyone blowin up on me for this....but i hear he has a cocky attitude and is hard to work with. Is this true?

You know, I hear this about certain athletes all the time. I don't know about others, but I'll tell you this about Chad. He is confident, which can come off as cocky. As far as hard to work with, that is an all and out rumor. Trust me on this one. He listens and does what he is told. His dad is a coach. He isn't any harder to work with than anyone else.
ndfbfan

Postby kvrnm » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:46 pm

Im sure hes just fine, but at a team camp in minot, he was the first player to get a technical foul. im sure it was nothing, but i just thought i would add this anyways.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:49 pm

kvrnm wrote:Im sure hes just fine, but at a team camp in minot, he was the first player to get a technical foul. im sure it was nothing, but i just thought i would add this anyways.

Good post. He is extremely competitive. He wants to win badly, and sometimes he does let his emotions get the best of him. However, I'm sure this is a maturity thing and he'll get better at controlling those emotions.
ndfbfan

Postby LiveTheLife... For The Lo » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:46 pm

Top Region 3:

Caleb Shockman and Ben Holen

Both LaMoure

Caleb Shockman 6'7 P-- Good Inside-Out Game, Nice Shot, Very Skinny might get pushed around once he gets to 2x  Teams

Ben Holen  6'0 G-- Very Smart, Good Ball-Handler, Nice Shot.

Justin Purintun

Linton- He is Good

Might be more from District 6?

I am sure Baseball or bballer2 would know.

LiveTheLife... For The Lo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NikeRep » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:07 pm

Thanks.

What year will those kids graduate?
NikeRep
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:54 pm

Adam Randall - Steele...incoming Freshman, should contribute with most teams keying on Bakkum.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby berry186 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:34 am

puriton 2009

shockman and holen 2008
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballer2 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:02 am

baseball wrote:Adam Randall - Steele...incoming Freshman, should contribute with most teams keying on Bakkum.

randall should score his points with or without bakkum
Last edited by bballer2 on Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mintstateplayer » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:26 pm

jamie mauch-hankinson high school. class of 2008

jarek hansen-williston trinity christian high school. class of 2008

austin vetter-minot ryan high school. class of 2008

mintstateplayer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NikeRep » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:02 pm

Can anyone give more depth with their posts? Can any share heights, schools, year, strengths and weaknesses?

Thanks.
NikeRep
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mintstateplayer » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:53 am

Jarek Hansen is a 6'5'' junior that goes to williston trinity christian school. he graduats in 2008. he shoots the ball very well and can handle the ball well. he drives to the bucket well. he does need to put on some muscle though so hopefully he hit the weights this falls. his defensive game has realyl improved over the summer also.

Austin vetter goes to minot ryan high school and is about 6'2'' or 6'3''. he can shoot and he has fairly quit feet to get past peoplel when he slashes through the lane. he was playing well at the end of the year last year and i expect him to pick up where he left off this winter.
mintstateplayer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby power-aid14 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:51 pm

good post on vetter he has worked hard all offseason, he is actually about 6'4 now and he has gotten quicker feet, he is an excellent blocker on defense and his offensive game is finely polished. look for him to have a special year 
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:22 am

jamie mauch-hankinson very good player
Jarek Hanson-Williston Trinity is the real deal
Logan Cairbloom-Lisbon Most Underrated player in the state
ben holen-lamoure great shooter
Caleb Shockman-Lamoure Unlimited potential.
Last edited by cubsfan on Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby OkGo12 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:35 pm

Not having Luke Lorenz on this list is a disgrace to basketball.

The Pack Attack-Parshall Shooters..........that's it. DEFENSE???????????

sorry but the Packineau twins are seniors this year and they are all right defensively
"The Desire Accomplished Is Sweet To The Soul"
[Proverbs 13:19]
OkGo12
NDPreps Starter

Postby Claz B Fan » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:34 pm

cubsfan wrote:Not having Luke Lorenz on this list is a disgrace to basketball.

The Pack Attack-Parshall Shooters..........that's it. DEFENSE???????????

Luke Lorenz is a Senior, another name to add to the list is Jamie Mauch 2008 Hankinson 6'3 or 6'4 quick been starting since freshman year, good footwork and has a nice stroke
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguy » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:16 pm

First off the top underclassmen in the state are:

Class of 2008

Austin Dufault - 6-8 - Forward / Guard - Can shoot the three, handle the rock, and has a good understanding of the game.  He does need to work on his post game and needs to get stronger.

Jamie Mauch - 6-5 - Good overall player, fairly strong, can do a lot of different things.

Caleb Shockman - 6-7 - Forward - Very good player, can do a little of everything. 

Austin Vetter - 6-4 - Forward - Strong player with a decent outside touch.  Does need to work on his form a bit, but makes shots right now.  Very good defender.  Ball handling definently needs work, especially his left hand.

Jerak Hansen - 6-4 - Forward - Athlete. Can shoot the three,  but needs to be more consistent and work on form some.  Defensively though he is a liability, not because he can't defend, but because at times looks like he doesn't want to defend.  Defensive stance has a long ways to come.  Also another that needs work on his ballhandling, especially his left hand.

Justin Shipman - 6-3 - Forward - Strong, but will injury limit him, only time will tell.

Logan Carlbum - 6-4 - Forward - Solid player, needs work offensively with things. 

Class of 2009

Chad Marshall - 6-1 - Guard - Must Mature.  Terrible Attitude.  When things don't go "His Way" he pouts.  Now on his ability, Has a chance to be a very good player.  Must work on his handle, especially left hand.  Also work on other parts of game - he can definently score, but what else can he do off the ball.  Defensively can be good when he wants too.

Alex Wolfe - 6-6 - Forward / Center - Improving.  Good Athlete, must improve quickness and go harder when playing.  Shot is improving as are his post moves.

These are the few that I know about and have seen most of these guys play.
sportsguy

Postby baseball » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:18 pm

where do they all go to school...i know a few but some names were new.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NikeRep » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:22 pm

Thanks sportsguy. Best post ive seen so far.

Can you tell me where Shockman goes to school?
NikeRep
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:15 pm

LaMoure
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rezball34 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:46 pm

DOES NE ONE KNOW THE STARTING LINE UP OF MINN.-LEEDS BASKETBALL TEAM ALONG WITH THEIR HEIGHTS AND POSITIONS?????
rezball34
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:05 pm

Its October, season is 2 months away.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys