All State Team

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

All State Team

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:05 pm

Who does everyone think will be selected this year? I'd think Randall and Singer would be locks for 1st team.

My predicitons....

1st team
Randall, KC
Singer, TLMM
Komrosky, NS
Yellow Wolf, Mandaree
????

2nd Team
Shanilec, MM
Barton, Carrington
Crest, Cavalier
Renieke, Thompson
Lindahl or Teubner, Northstar
Roemmich, Linton
Morrey, Trinity
Yale, Berthold
?????
????
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: All State Team

Postby BIS84 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:22 pm

Trent Roemmich absolutely deserves to be on the first team all state, but by the hatred of the ND Sports writers towards the Roemmichs, he will be lucky to make the 2nd team all state, as last year he was totally black balled.
BIS84
NDPreps Reserve

Postby east sider » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:09 pm

I'm thinking Yale, Schanilec, Roemmich are the top picks for the last spot on 1st team. I'll give the edge to Schanilec just because of his numbers, but I don't know Roemich's numbers.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonfan16 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:09 pm

Brock Boos from Bowman County definitely deserves to be on the first team. Talk about the most underrated class B player in the state. Boos got screwed on not getting district athlete of the year and region athlete. Don't get me wrong Morey and Maus are both excellent basketball players but Boos should be on the first team. He averaged 23 a game and is very well quite possibly one of the smoothest players in the state. Just not cool to see such a great player not have a coach to stand up for him...
bisonfan16
NDPreps Rookie

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:40 pm

Schanilec... He could easily average over 30 a game if he wanted to be a selfish player. He could penetrate and get to the hoop just about whenever he wants or pull up for a jumper and elevate over them all. His quickness, speed, and hops makes him lethal on both ends of the floor. Just ask Hillsboro as he single handedly knocked them out of the first round of Regionals with his play on both sides of the ball.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:49 am

Aaron Stemen, Lamoure. I really think he deserves consideration at least for the 2nd team. He was right there with Randall and Roemmich in Region 3 and lead the Loboes in knocking off the defending state champs. Does it all, scores, defends, gets teammates involved, exceptional player.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:32 am

EHS1998 wrote:Aaron Stemen, Lamoure. I really think he deserves consideration at least for the 2nd team. He was right there with Randall and Roemmich in Region 3 and lead the Loboes in knocking off the defending state champs. Does it all, scores, defends, gets teammates involved, exceptional player.

Great player and a great kid. Definitely deserves recognition.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby knowledge » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Akason or Olson from Oak Grove will end up on one of the teams.
knowledge
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Nodak Guy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:23 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Who does everyone think will be selected this year? I'd think Randall and Singer would be locks for 1st team.

My predicitons....

1st team
Randall, KC
Singer, TLMM
Komrosky, NS
Yellow Wolf, Mandaree
????

2nd Team
Shanilec, MM
Barton, Carrington
Crest, Cavalier
Renieke, Thompson
Lindahl or Teubner, Northstar
Roemmich, Linton
Morrey, Trinity
Yale, Berthold
?????
????

First Team:
M. Yale
Singer
Randall
Yellow Wolf
Morrey

Second Team:
Reineke
Olson
Boos - Bowman County
Chrest
H. Weber - Central Cass
Barton
Komrosky
Schanilec
Wolf - New Salem
Stemen - LaMoure
Lindahl

D. Yale???? not sure - next year will be a lock
Roemmich - should have made it last year, but I don't think he's getting on this year, either
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Medicine Woman » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:28 pm

It's a cryin shame if Morey gets first team over Brock Boos. People are blind and silly. Did anyone not see him completely collapse in the second half of the regional championship?!?! Boos is better than Morey in my opinion, and should be in everyone's opinion. But of course Morey is better because he plays for Trinity and not Bowman. If Morey played for a squad like Hettinger and put up the same numbers he does at Trinity, everyone would recognize Boos, it sickens me. Shame on the voters.
Medicine Woman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:44 pm

1st Team:
M. Yale - Berthold
Randall - Kidder Cty
Singer - TL-M
Yellow Wolf - Mandaree
Komrosky - North Star

2nd Team:
Roemmich - Linton
Olson - Oak Grove
Weber - Central Cass
Barton - Carrington
Schanilec - Midway-Minto
Morrey - D. Trinity
Boos - Bowman County
Lindahl - North Star
Chrest - Cavalier
10th spot = Akason (OG), Reineke (Thompson) or Friesen (Shiloh)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:53 pm

EHS1998 wrote:Aaron Stemen, Lamoure. I really think he deserves consideration at least for the 2nd team. He was right there with Randall and Roemmich in Region 3 and lead the Loboes in knocking off the defending state champs. Does it all, scores, defends, gets teammates involved, exceptional player.

Yes he's a very good player, one of the better players in the state, but I don't see region 3 getting more than 2 players on the All State team (I hope that Trent makes it, but who knows). All 3 are good players and will all be good college athletes
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Stallng » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:29 am

Jaren Enockson from parshall should be on this list, Cole Hendrickson should also get consideration.
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:46 am

Nick Nelson from FSHP deserves condsideration, he led the district in scoring and had to have led or been in the top two for scoring in the region, avg 18.4 during season and had almost 1400 career points. Must mean somthing not many can that.
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Medicine Woman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:19 pm

When is this team announced?
Medicine Woman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:21 pm

well if the girls didn't get named for over a week; then I would think maybe sometime early next week
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby 4thegame » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:12 pm

InTheKnow wrote:Schanilec... He could easily average over 30 a game if he wanted to be a selfish player. He could penetrate and get to the hoop just about whenever he wants or pull up for a jumper and elevate over them all. His quickness, speed, and hops makes him lethal on both ends of the floor. Just ask Hillsboro as he single handedly knocked them out of the first round of Regionals with his play on both sides of the ball.

Everything you have said about this kid is spot on. IMO after watching the state "B" he was the best player in class B this season. This kid is a must see.
4thegame
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby IplayforHim » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:1st Team:
M. Yale - Berthold
Randall - Kidder Cty
Singer - TL-M
Yellow Wolf - Mandaree
Komrosky - North Star

2nd Team:
Roemmich - Linton
Olson - Oak Grove
Weber - Central Cass
Barton - Carrington
Schanilec - Midway-Minto
Morrey - D. Trinity
Boos - Bowman County
Lindahl - North Star
Chrest - Cavalier
10th spot = Akason (OG), Reineke (Thompson) or Friesen (Shiloh)

I think Austin Friesen gets it over Lindahl from North Star...Friesen put up some tough numbers this year.
IplayforHim
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:32 pm

How I feel it should go:

1st team:
Yale-Berthold
Randall-Kidder County
Singer-TL-M/M
Roemmich-Linton
Yellow Wolf-Mandaree

2nd team:
Shanilec-M-M
Komrosky-North Star
Barton-Carrington
Reneike-Thompson
Chrest-Cavalier
Weber-Central Cass
Olson-Oak Grove
Boos-Bowman County
Morrey-Trinity
Stemen-LaMoure
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:47 am

I think Komrosky will be a 1st teamer over Roemmich. Who knows, they may even throw Barton in there after seeing him in the state tourney.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:35 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I think Komrosky will be a 1st teamer over Roemmich. Who knows, they may even throw Barton in there after seeing him in the state tourney.

I agree that will probably happen, but it shouldn't. Roemmich defineately deserves to be a 1st teammer. He is for sure a top 5 player this year.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Nodak Guy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:10 pm

Indy5 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:I think Komrosky will be a 1st teamer over Roemmich. Who knows, they may even throw Barton in there after seeing him in the state tourney.

I agree that will probably happen, but it shouldn't. Roemmich defineately deserves to be a 1st teammer. He is for sure a top 5 player this year.

It's voted on the Friday morning of the State Tournament. Yale will be on the First team after his Quarterfinal performance, as will Yellow Wolf. I'm thinking Barton will be on the Second team and that Roemmich will be on neither.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:59 pm

Well I'm sure this will get thrown back in my face, but whatever I don't really care. If they are TRULY putting the best 5 players in the state on the 1st team, than Trent Roemmich is on the first team without a doubt in my mind. IF the voters play the political game he will be on either team.

The first team should consist of:

Adam Randall
Trent Roemmich
Grant Singer
Tanner Komroski
Devin Barton

Second team:

Dan Yale
Matt Yale
Devin Yellow Wolf
Sam Olson
Robby Morey
and from here there are about 15 candidates that I would have no problem with, but the 5 on the first team and the 5 I have on the second team in my mind are no brainers for all state (either team with a couple of them)
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:15 pm

The Schwab wrote:Well I'm sure this will get thrown back in my face, but whatever I don't really care. If they are TRULY putting the best 5 players in the state on the 1st team, than Trent Roemmich is on the first team without a doubt in my mind. IF the voters play the political game he will be on either team.

The first team should consist of:

Adam Randall
Trent Roemmich
Grant Singer
Tanner Komroski
Devin Barton

Second team:

Dan Yale
Matt Yale
Devin Yellow Wolf
Sam Olson
Robby Morey
and from here there are about 15 candidates that I would have no problem with, but the 5 on the first team and the 5 I have on the second team in my mind are no brainers for all state (either team with a couple of them)

When is a kid that averaged almost 27 points a game not a lock for at least 2nd team all state? He is possibly the state leader in scoring depending on the final totals (i believe he averaged more then Randall) You have never seen Schanilec play I am guessing. Cavalier had 3 losses after the return of Brady Robbins. Then #1 North Star in the GF Invitational, State champ Carrington at state, and to Midway-Minto behind Schanilecs 32 in the Districts. Throw in a 40 point game in a win against a ranked Thompson as well on the road. All while facing a box and chase virtually the entire season because they only have 2 other players who can do anything offensively. If anyone should be a lock it is Schanilec.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:06 pm

I agree Shanilec should be a lock for at least 2nd team. He could possibly be a first teammer, but theres a lot of good senior talent this year so I think he'll have his time next year.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys